Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 22, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #9,781 of 42,765
My Mojo has been turned on for the first time.. Was waiting for that moment of disappointment.  

I can't believe it hasn't arrived!!! 

My Philips X2 sound like a million dollars.. Compared to the ha-2 I've been using, timbre is much more real, high hats and cymbals have detail which wasn't present before and got lost in the sound.  Bass is more punchy and tight and less Boomy. Treble is resolved almost perfectly and doesn't have the sabre bite present in Ha-2.  Driven from an iPhone > Spotify premium > Mojo   

And yes, I did say Philips X2, which aren't the highest end of cans by all means but they are certainly a good contender now I've added the Mojo.   

I've only been listening for half an hour. Loving it so far! Next onto the Phonak audeo 232 Iem's.. 

Update : Phonak Audeo Pfe 232's + Chord Mojo - Mindblown!

Would love to know how the Mojo does this.. It has made both my X2's and 232's sound like they're in a 3d bubble opposed to 2d which is the only way I can describe it.   It's as if the Mojo picks out every sound from the audio and processes it on it's own in its own space then layers it perfectly, similar to a remaster.  

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #9,782 of 42,765
Also connected my Mojo for 1 hour ago to my Active B&O speakers in the livingroom, after i sold one of my Hugoś, and the synergy are much better, and do not have that little to bright sound as Hugo either.

10/10 p for a DAC under $2 grand !!

Magical!

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #9,784 of 42,765
sorry for being off topic, but has anyone received their cable from @derGabe from his batch shipment on January 4th?  I havent received anything and hes not responding.  Im thinking 3 week postage time is completely possible depending on what type of service he used but a simple response from him would help.

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #9,786 of 42,765
Can you recomend a good charger with low ripple, because i just connected it with a Iphone travel charger A1400 5v / 1A
plus a 1,8meter USB micro 28 AWG x 2C no name cable.

This combo do most likely got high ripple effect.

I found a VANSON varible 6w charger 1A @ 6 volts with a low ripple according to spec be something to buy?

I just use the official square white little Apple charging blocks with either the provided usb or some other generic cable, dead silent.

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #9,788 of 42,765
really enjoying the mojo with my trusty old tf10 and hd25-i-ii while on the go, just want to ask guys, the static or buzz occasionally when using the iphone is normal right?

and another thing when using the iphone i noticed that at the start of a song there is a very slight slight cut in the song, only notice it on songs that start immediately, is this normal too? using the same song it doesnt happen when i'm listening to the songs continuously, just at the start of the session... i read something about this on the hugo thread and its by design to avoid the noise etc forgot the exact explanation, wonder if its the same here with the mojo? thanks in advance :)

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #9,789 of 42,765
I just use the official square white little Apple charging blocks with either the provided usb or some other generic cable, dead silent.

Cool...good to know. I've been using a USB port on my iMac. I'd rather use something I have plenty of lying around the house (and the Apple Charger is one of them for sure) for when my computer isn't on or asleep. Thanks

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #9,791 of 42,765
  When using the iPhone charger, it usually took 5 to 6 hours for the indicator on my Mojo to go out, not 4 hours. How long did it take to fully charge your Mojo?

I wonder if the larger iPad charger makes a difference? Anyone tried that yet?

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #9,792 of 42,765
Looking for some proper transport for my Mojo as the X3II is infuriating in daylight. So the question is, Onkyo or Pioneer? SQ right out of the DAP is irrelevant as I'll be using it with the Mojo. They both have USB out and two micro SD card slots, both running Android and so on. The Pioneer is about 10% cheaper. Which one would you go for?

http://staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=Pioneer+XDP-100R&spos=3

http://staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=Onkyo+DP-X1&spos=1

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #9,793 of 42,765
really enjoying the mojo with my trusty old tf10 and hd25-i-ii while on the go, just want to ask guys, the static or buzz occasionally when using the iphone is normal right?

and another thing when using the iphone i noticed that at the start of a song there is a very slight slight cut in the song, only notice it on songs that start immediately, is this normal too? using the same song it doesnt happen when i'm listening to the songs continuously, just at the start of the session... i read something about this on the hugo thread and its by design to avoid the noise etc forgot the exact explanation, wonder if its the same here with the mojo? thanks in advance :)

Can someone answer this, I'm curious also.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #9,794 of 42,765
The problem of muting the initial start is due to certain OS and apps - when the sample rate changes, the data in the buffers get sent out at the wrong rate. When you switch from DSD to PCM you then get a loud bang, or track played at the wrong rate for a period. Now this fault is in the app, its absolutely nothing to do with the DAC.

So to fix the apps problem, if the sample rate changes, I force a mute for 0.5 seconds, so that you do not hear these noises. On some apps, you can force a small silent period at the beginning and this solves the issue.

If I didn't do this I would have people complaining about bangs thumps and music being played at the wrong rate. Better silence than shots being fired off!  

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back