Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #9,826 of 42,765
It is not as good as my Anker charger, but if you have one handy already you can't really go wrong with it. The difference is minor and only noticeable if you have the Mojo on your head or something.
wink.gif

Apple charger with Mojo's included charging cable: no heat, no sound, no problems here.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #9,827 of 42,765

Found this short male USB type C to male microUSB cable on eBay. 30cm in length and I can confirm it works very well (natively with Spotify and Tidal) with my Nexus 6p phone and the Mojo. No adaptors required. It is the best solution I've found for the Mojo / 6p combo.

Item: USB 3.1 Type C to Micro USB Sync and Charging Cable Lead - Short 30cm / Black

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201444417719&alt=web

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #9,830 of 42,765
Hmmm dergabe sent me all 4 of the cables I ordered plus another one due to faulty cable. Took awhile but it came! The last he told me was he had problems with his cable supplier? Not sure what's happening but the cables came and they worked great.

Well there's at least two of us that @derGabe hasn't sent anything to. If he's doing this sort of thing he should be banned from the forum for scamming.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #9,831 of 42,765
You can always do a listening test. If set to max against 50% say, and it hardens up (becomes brighter) with loud recordings then its clipping. If on the other hand the perception of sound-stage depth is reduced, then the volume control is degrading the sound.

If you do that test and can hear no difference then don't worry, its a good app volume control.

Rob

PS for fun I just did a very quick test using Dave. I listen to radio 3 using the BBC iPlayer. I normally have it set to max. I reduced the iPlayer volume control to half, boosted Dave volume control by +6dB - and yes I felt sound-stage depth was worse with lower iPlayer volume. 

HEY Rob,

I thought it was best to set the volume of the app as far down as possible, to let mojo do more amplification.
I am using UAPP on an Asus T00N.
I will definitely try it the other way around... Even though I think I will have to go to IEM levels of volume with ATH W1000X.
ALSO it is great to hear an official case is coming...hopefully the first add on modules will follow soon...
Anyway thanks for this great product.

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #9,833 of 42,765
Cool...good to know. I've been using a USB port on my iMac. I'd rather use something I have plenty of lying around the house (and the Apple Charger is one of them for sure) for when my computer isn't on or asleep. Thanks

When using the iPhone charger, it usually took 5 to 6 hours for the indicator on my Mojo to go out, not 4 hours. How long did it take to fully charge your Mojo?

I couldn't say exactly since every night I just plug it in when I go to sleep and when I'm listening during the day I plug it in when it turns to yellow and continue listening.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #9,834 of 42,765
I couldn't say exactly since every night I just plug it in when I go to sleep and when I'm listening during the day I plug it in when it turns to yellow and continue listening.

Please I have a question about charging.

If I charge the Mojo to full with the Mojo off, I have no issues with playing and charging. It will show me a blue light for a good while, and then a white light for a good while, then back to blue and so on. I am pretty sure the battery stays topped up, and no problem.

However if the battery is empty and I listen and charge I get problems. It charges and plays for about five hours, then the charging shuts off and it runs on battery. The battery indicator light is yellow at this point, so way off full charge.

It continues on battery until it's flat. It will not start charging again until I switch off the charger and switch it on again. Then it does the five or so hours and back to zero battery eventaully again. I have heard this before, and someone complained they couldn't use it as a desktop of hi-fi DAC. They sent theirs back and got a replacement and their new Mojo is fine.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #9,835 of 42,765

Please I have a question about charging.

If I charge the Mojo to full with the Mojo off, I have no issues with playing and charging. It will show me a blue light for a good while, and then a white light for a good while, then back to blue and so on. I am pretty sure the battery stays topped up, and no problem.

However if the battery is empty and I listen and charge I get problems. It charges and plays for about five hours, then the charging shuts off and it runs on battery. It continues on battery until it's flat. It will not start charging again until I switch off the charger and switch it on again. Then it does the five or so hours and back to zero battery eventaully again. I have heard this before, and someone complained they couldn't use it as a desktop of hi-fi DAC. They sent theirs back and got a replacement and their new Mojo is fine.

Might be a problem with your charger, I have ran my Mojo on Hi-Res overnight to test if it will drain. It did just fine, and when I wake up and unplug the charger, the battery is full at blue.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #9,837 of 42,765

Might be a problem with your charger, I have ran my Mojo on Hi-Res overnight to test if it will drain. It did just fine, and when I wake up and unplug the charger, the battery is full at blue.

I have wondered that. Luckily I have a second one to try. However I don't see it being the charger, since someone else had this issue.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #9,838 of 42,765
I attempted to charge my device last night for the first time for about 12 hours. The white light looked to be on as I checked throughout the evening, but didn't seem to ever go out after 12 hours. I attempted to turn it on this morning and it seems to have not kept a charge. 

I held the power button this morning (while not plugged into charger) - nothing.

I plugged it back into the charger and held the power button - the lights come on, then I hear a click and all the lights go back out. It seems to be shutting back off unless I am missing something. 

I am using one of those Anker chargers with a charging cable from my LG phone. I am trying another cable (another charging cable from an LG phone) and going to try charging again. The white charging light is on and I hear a faint noise when holding it up to my hear. 

Hopefully, not indicative of a bigger issue and just something I did wrong. But, I am not thinking this is a good thing. 

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #9,839 of 42,765
  I attempted to charge my device last night for the first time for about 12 hours. The white light looked to be on as I checked throughout the evening. I attempted to turn it on this morning and it seems to have not kept a charge.

I held the power button this morning (while not plugged into charger) - nothing.

I plugged it back into the charger and held the power button - the lights come on, then I hear a click and the lights go out. It seems to be shutting back off unless I am missing something. 

I am using one of those Anker chargers with a charging cable from my LG phone. I am trying another cable (another charging cable from an LG phone) and going to try charging again. The white charging light is on and I hear a faint noise when holding it up to my hear. 

Hopefully, not indicative of a bigger issue and just something I did wrong. But, I am not thinking this is a good thing. 

Which Anker charger are you using? The Anker charger I have tested with their new PowerLine cable have yielded the lowest noise level, with Apple charger coming close. Even then most of my charger and cable just works fine except when using a cheap extender cord.

Might be your cable causing some issues, I had one ran out of power with a charger plugged in, but that was with a extender cord, which was causing too much voltage drop for the charger to work properly..

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #9,840 of 42,765

Which Anker charger are you using? The Anker charger I have tested with their new PowerLine cable have yielded the lowest noise level, with Apple charger coming close. Even then most of my charger and cable just works fine except when using a cheap extender cord.

Might be your cable causing some issues, I had one ran out of power with a charger plugged in, but that was with a extender cord, which was causing too much voltage drop for the charger to work properly..

Thanks for the response. I am trying that short cable now that came with the Chord and it seems to be doing the same thing. I will let it sit for a bit, but I am thinking the battery is not holding any charge. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back