Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 21, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #9,691 of 42,765
 Have a read of this post:

The general consensus is as long as the SD Card is a microSDXC Memory Card in theory anything up to 2TB should be supported

In reality that mean 128Gb and even 200Gb will be supported.

Motorola have a good record of updating their phones current Moto E 2nd Gen and Moto G 3rd Gen both are on Android 5.0+ out of the box

The phone only Supports up. To 32gb SD card.... I almost bought it, but 32 gb is too small...

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #9,692 of 42,765
Wow man, audio is sort of like the boiling frog story, you don't realize how loud you're listening if you keep cranking. I had a similar experience when a double barrel shotgun was fired several feet from me and I didn't have protection on. It'll go away eventually.

Right now I listen to probably 20-30 metal al ins a day on YouTube, I always start with volume off on mojo and gradually come up as albums differ in volume. It's also the reason I bought the ADEL CIEMs from 4 audio which make lower volumes seem louder. Best of luck, hope you didn't do any permanent damage.

Mojo makes it extremely tempting to keep cranking since it's so insanely resolute.

@iKE1985 

I could not have said it better, the slow-boiled frog.  The color of those volume-marbles is as seductive as candy.  

I had thought the worst I could risk, is that feeling when walking out of a concert, a little numb, that rapidly dissipates.

The one-time gunshot is an acute, discrete event; my concern is that I slowly cooked my ears over days with the Mojo and (I did not do my research on-) the notoriously sibilant DT 990.

Going on Day 10 of this in my head;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlpJ3k_Ik0

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #9,693 of 42,765
Thanks for your impressions - very interesting.  I was surprised to hear that the Mojo can hold its own with the Linn system - which must be many multiples of the Mojo in terms of price.

But not necessarily in capability or complexity or measured specification a bigger more expensive box does not always guarantee a better more capable design. But there again I'm bound to say that aren't I ... But it's true though ... JF

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #9,695 of 42,765
Well the rig is obviously awesome, but the pic has less work on the lighting than Clieos' :D clean nails though.
Haha. Don't really get what you're saying.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #9,697 of 42,765
The phone only Supports up. To 32gb SD card.... I almost bought it, but 32 gb is too small...

As I said above

The general consensus is as long as the SD Card is a microSDXC Memory Card in theory anything up to 2TB should be supported

In reality that mean 128Gb and even 200Gb will be supported.

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #9,699 of 42,765
interesting arrangement - I would be interested to hear why you have chosen 4 components in the chain rather than a simple two component chain (iPod Touch and Mojo).  Did you test all the various combinations (ie by adding/ removing components)?  Any observations you can share?

Hi.
I am using iphone for my spotify music but i am contemplating on switching to a dedicated smartphone for simplicity - this would make the dx90 useless.

I still like the feel of analog volume control rather than clicking hence the rx.
I notice no difference using the rx. Am using shure se535ltd-j only though.

Thanks

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #9,700 of 42,765
Hi guys, just my two cents on the Chord Mojo that I recently bought in th UK (exchange student btw) 
By any means I am not an audiophile, just a guy that loves listening to music as much as the next guy.

Audio iems and headphones tested with the Mojo:
Audeze EL-8 open back
B&W PM-7
JVC FX-1200/1100 
JVC HA-FXT208SE (copper coated cable)

Source: Iphone 6 with CCK (no special cables)
Spotify:320kbps
ONKYO HF PLAYER: various ALAC, FLAC, conversion to PCM and DSD5.6Mhz

My personal sonic preference: slightly warm/neutral without too much brightness

I own a Ifi Nano IDSD, it does really well in many terms as to allowing me to play music through the ONKYO HF PLAYER APP with relative ease. It is great no doubt, but the mids are just somewhat distant and not meaty enough for my liking. Sadly, I have not tried the micro IDSD as to compare with the Mojo. But recently I thought to up my game a bit since the for me purchasing the Mojo in the UK would be cheaper for me in terms of conversion of exchange rates. I have auditioned the HUGO awhile back but could not quite recall how the sound signature was like as to compare to the MOJO.

When I first auditioned the Mojo, I didn't believe the hype that everyone was crazy about, "that the game has changed"; "Hugo for the fraction of the price"
Seeing is believing but I can assure you the MOJO lives up to the hype intuitively. It only took me about maybe 15 minutes to concede that this truly is something amazing to the ears and to the soul, or by means bring me some mojo back (Austin Power pun intended)

BASS: Very tight and controlled, bass extends slightly lower and much more precision with certain "rumble" if you will .

MIDS: Without a certain of doubt I can reassure you the MIDS are just sublime. Listening to Adele's vocals were just so surreal and "right to your face kind of feel" This should be the main             selling point for the Mojo, the mids are meaty and textured, really enjoying the Mojo. Timbre is amazing , non too forward just nice without too much aggression.

HIGHS: SMOOTH is all I can say for the highs, very subtle and very lush sounding. NON FATIGUING AT ALL,  very suitable for long sessions of music. 

As I just bought the Mojo myself, further impressions shall be edited here 
etysmile.gif
 ( BTW whoever just bought the mojo will have to endure a 10 hour charge which in case is like torture having to wait 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #9,701 of 42,765
Wow man, audio is sort of like the boiling frog story, you don't realize how loud you're listening if you keep cranking. I had a similar experience when a double barrel shotgun was fired several feet from me and I didn't have protection on. It'll go away eventually.

Right now I listen to probably 20-30 metal al ins a day on YouTube, I always start with volume off on mojo and gradually come up as albums differ in volume. It's also the reason I bought the ADEL CIEMs from 4 audio which make lower volumes seem louder. Best of luck, hope you didn't do any permanent damage.

Mojo makes it extremely tempting to keep cranking since it's so insanely resolute.

i like the coloured balls for that, keeps things in perspective. I know if i am going above red with my K3003's , i need to dial it down a notch.

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #9,702 of 42,765
  I've been finding , with the Mojo, that I am listening to more and more live albums, really enjoying the different ambiances, noticing timbres and subtle music cues which I never noticed before. More often than not, I'm mesmerized, as if actually at the concert. It's bloomin' wonderful!! Are you finding the same thing?

Anyhow, the Mojo is all about more musical joy after all, so I thought I'd start a post about thrilling live albums I've been delving into lately and hope that we may share the wonder a bit. To this end,I've compiled a list of albums which really "sing" with Mojo. Hope you can share your's.

Cream - Live 2005 Royal Albert Hall. Such a great, airy sound from the "best" power trio ever. Jack's bass is so good! And if you can watch the Bluray Video version , it's fab too.
Clapton & Winwood - Madison Sq Gardens - just superb sound and musicianship. Again , the Bluray vid is superlative.
Gov't Mule - Live with a little help - Brilliant 4 cd sprawling set, just wow!
Gov't Mule - The Deepest End, another superb set.
Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's - Superb playing all round and a highlight being Imogen Heap guesting.
Crosby Stills & Nash - CSN 2012 - Lovely stuff! Great to hear the guys still rocking out!
Dave Matthews - Central Park - Just amazing sound and THE best ever version of Cortez The Killer with Warren Haynes on guitar (imho)
John Coltrane - Live at Birdland and Village Vanguard, Coltrane at his prime, IMO and great sound, capturing the events well (esp the VV sets)
Keith Jarrett - Whisper Not , just amazing, with a good set of cans and Mojo, you are completely immersed in the trio's interplay.
B B King - Cook County Jail - nuff said.

This is by no means a definitive list, lol. I could add another 20 easily, Genesis Seconds Out, Dire Straits Alchemy, Eva Cassidy, Live at Blues Alley, Peter Green at Ronnie Scott's, pretty much all of the Phish live output, Allman Bros Fillmore (should be listed above, doh!), Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder, and so on and on... :)

This definitely should be on the list... like at the top. This sounds great, besides it being a great album.

Hah! Right. Sorry you are 100% right. Don't know what came over me. I think it's because I've listened to that SO much and rate it so highly that it only needed a mention in passing (a sort of "goes without saying" sort of thing). Got my first copy back in 1987 or 88, listened to it ever since :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #9,703 of 42,765
  They were working on this prototype. You can ask them about this.

Thanks for the heads up, but for me, that unfortunately wouldn't work.   I take the mk2 off and use it solo at the gym, so all that wiggling and necessary stability for removal would be too much of a PITA for me.   YMMV though.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #9,704 of 42,765
Finally sitting down with my HE-X and Mojo (last night was spent mostly charging it for the first time 
tongue.gif
) through my iPad Air and Tidal and I am gobsmacked! Can't believe the SQ from a $599 device! And the ability to take this sound with me to work and have this type of sound quality is simply amazing!

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #9,705 of 42,765
Hey guys, I am having a small doubt.

While playing through my Android mobile(Oneplus one) to MOJO.
Should i put the max. volume in mobile and control the volume from Mojo.
Will there be any difference in quality, if i won't use max. volume from my mobile and match up according to Mojo's volume.

Let me give the example :

Mob Vol(100%) + Mojo Vol(50%) --> X db (Y mw)
Mob Vol(75%) + Mojo Vol(75%)  ---> X db (Y mw)

I am giving the numbers randomly just to normalize the output volume in different scenarios.
So, will there be any difference in sound output ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back