Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #8,986 of 42,765
Hi, 

Does anyone know if the left/right balance can be altered with the Mojo? I have slight hearing loss on my right side with tinnitus and can compensate for this using the accessibility options within my iPhone. However, as a DAC I understand that the Mojo takes over audio processing entirely and there doesn't appear to be anything in the manual to help.

Assuming that problem can be fixed, I can't see a reason to keep my M1-HPAP amp. 

Thanks,

Mart

No, you can't adjust anything on the Mojo besides volume. Your source gear should be where you adjust the balance.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #8,987 of 42,765
I had the mojo a
I had both at the same time and I can see how the reviewer thinks this way. I think the X7 is a great sounding device, but the Mojo is simply more technically superior in reproducing the music IMO. Better detail and more natural timbre from the Mojo. The X7 has a much wider, almost holographic soundstage, and is very detailed in its own right, just not as good as the Mojo.

I have the x7 and mojo side by side and the mojo is a much more superior device on all ranges of headphones. The mojo just falls a little short of a midrange desktop headamp and dac unit.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #8,988 of 42,765
All these dedicated DAPS connected to the Mojo surprise me; people still own music (CD rips or downloads) rather than license it from a streaming service and play the content in offline mode?

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #8,989 of 42,765
All these dedicated DAPS connected to the Mojo surprise me; people still own music (CD rips or downloads) rather than license it from a streaming service and play the content in offline mode?

Yes, in case of the Zombiepocalypse or I get stranded on a desert island without good cell service. Kind of old school that way, I guess.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #8,990 of 42,765
Tidal supports off-line mode.

The music is downloaded to my device.

I never stream.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #8,991 of 42,765

i love that i have a cd collection, physicality of it with the artwork/booklet and i know i own it and its feels awesome.

if i buy digital download i feel like iv got nothing or that i am borrowing it from somone its never the same.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #8,992 of 42,765
Hi, 

Does anyone know if the left/right balance can be altered with the Mojo? I have slight hearing loss on my right side with tinnitus and can compensate for this using the accessibility options within my iPhone. However, as a DAC I understand that the Mojo takes over audio processing entirely and there doesn't appear to be anything in the manual to help.

Assuming that problem can be fixed, I can't see a reason to keep my M1-HPAP amp. 

Thanks,

Mart

It appears any iPhone sound settings, eq, balance etc get passed through to the Mojo

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #8,993 of 42,765
Tidal supports off-line mode.

The music is downloaded to my device.

I never stream.

Plus some of us do own hi-rez files and I doubt that Tidal will stream that in a near distant future.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #8,995 of 42,765
Tidal is rumored to be getting ready for MQA.

At USD 20/month for redbook, I am loving it.

I just want a dedicated transport with a access to any App Store with the Tidal app; their web browser does not support offline content.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #8,996 of 42,765
  hey,

been a while since i've visited this thread; upwards of 500 replies since i last visited.
has there been any chatter around a speaker setup via the mojo's line out function?

i recall genalec, adam and others mentioned.
kef's x300a appealed too, but the combination of price and size put me off.

You should consider the Emotiva powered speaker line. I have a pair of the Airmotiv 5s speakers. Current sale price is $280 (USD) and free shipping. For the price, they sound pretty amazing!!

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #8,997 of 42,765
Best sound I heard so far is Chord Mojo with Final Audio Piano Forte VIII, the synergy is just perfect. Sounds even better than JH Angie, Sennheiser IE800 and other of my full sized headphones (Grado PS500, GS1000, MDR-Z7).

Yes, I find the Finals are very good with the Mojo. The fibass in particular. I've also tried them with the Pandora Hope Vl and the Lab1, all are good with that extra bit of warmth from the Mojo. Have yet to try the Heaven Vlll, they are warm for Final so I don't know how they will react. 

Right now happily feeding Mojo into a V200 and listening to AT-W3000anv with a big smile while i wait to find out what will be done with the Hugo whose repair failed after under two weeks…..Chord is good though so I am sure they will make it right, its just under a year old.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #8,998 of 42,765

I think this is an important post. It's because many people keep saying how the Mojo sound-stage is smaller than the Hugo. This is the first post I remember seeing that says the sound-stage is excellent. I know Hawaiibadboy mentioned the sound stage is narrower than generally or something like that, in his video review. It was all a bit unnerving. (No disrespect to anyone's opinions of course - just saying what I noticed through the thread.)

Sounds like less soundstage to me, less openness and air than the Hugo. The Hugo sounds more like a very good desktop dac where as the Mojo sounds like an incredible portable dac. I really like the Mojo but to me it is not on the same level as the Hugo. Definitely Mojo is more ergonomic though and thus extremely useful. Don't want to offend anyone, it is a wonderful piece and i will have it for a long time, it probably will get more use than the Hugo too.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #9,000 of 42,765

I am surprised any true audiophile streams their music. You have absolutely no idea or control of the master to which you are listening. If you do not believe mastering matters, I weep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back