Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #8,869 of 42,765
I wonder how long will it take before some Chinese nerds figure out how to manufacture Mojo "clones" :).
What Massdrop is doing here, handling a product like this without the manufacturer's knowledge, is just wrong. That's not how they did it with Fostex.
JF .... It is possible that someone might make a lookalike product but it's very unlikely that they could copy our code as its encrypted to a very high level military grade really. after all Hugo has been around for two years and we are not aware of any products claiming similar performance.

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #8,870 of 42,765
Mine is also whining a little at the start of charging for ca. 10 min then quiet and the wining starts again approx. half an hour before the led light goes off. I'm in the Netherlands and s/n is M0223xx

Yeah that sounds like the exact times mine makes the whine noise. I imagine it's because it's receiving a different amount of power at the beginning and end of charging (probably less power). My SN is M0278xx.

Should the unit be replaced? Is it an indication that there may be a failure sometime down the line?

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #8,872 of 42,765
I've removed the off-topic discussion. From the Posting Guidelines:

DON'T reply If someone makes an off-topic, rude or otherwise inappropriate comment, or a post appears to be trolling or spam.
 Report it by clicking on the red flag and filling in the box explaining what the problem is and let the moderators take care of it. If something is inappropriate or rude, what is the point of giving it more attention by replying to it and/or quoting it?!? 

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #8,873 of 42,765
Jan 8, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #8,874 of 42,765
You'll need popcorn for this, as it's 30 minutes, but here is my video review, which covers most of the same things my written review did, but adds things such as Rob's graphs and the AClear Porta (twice, because it was shot over a couple of weeks and I forgot I'd already mentioned it).

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #8,876 of 42,765
Finally, I have found my stacking solution. It is called 3M Dual Lock. No fluff, both locking strips look the same. One 3 X 1" strip is more than enough to keep the Mojo stuck to the phone as it is good for holding over 5kg. Best thing is, it does not move. Not one bit. The velcro I used before didn't keep the Mojo properly as it used to wobble quite a bit, probably due to G4's curved back. Not the case with the Dual Lock. Give it a shot!

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #8,878 of 42,765
  You'll need popcorn for this, as it's 30 minutes, but here is my video review, which covers most of the same things my written review did, but adds things such as Rob's graphs and the AClear Porta (twice, because it was shot over a couple of weeks and I forgot I'd already mentioned it).

I had it for a week and was blown away. Absolutely ******* blown away. Listening to mostly 70's Classic rock .Had my review done and was talking about the power being roughly that of the FiiO e18 and the maker came in with some exact driving forces into 16 or 32ohms. I thought...Oh yeah? I was gonna just appreciate it for what it is but if this dude is going to say in open thread well then i'm gonna let those colors cycle on up...

BOOM.

Had to re-do my video.

Pink Floyd or Public Enemy on Audiophile or basshead gear...it doesn't matter and it fits in the pocket and runs off my phone. There is no item that compares to it in the portable arena. The folks that have been watching my vids for 2 years are dubious and I don't blame them. I was too. It changes the game as Relic said and your review was the final push to get it.
Thanks goes to both of you
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #8,879 of 42,765
I wonder how does mojo compare to the sound of ak380 in sound alone?

I think the AK380 is better. Paired with the Angie you're about to get, it should sound awesome. Also, don't forget to get the AK380 amp as well because it looks classy.
Moreover, the AK380 is DUAL DAC, so it should sound almost twice as good as the Mojo.

/endsarcasm

In all honesty Naive, the only person who can tell you that is yourself. As many head-fiers have tried to help you with your IEM search, the portable source search is also something you'll need to rely on your own ears to determine if it's the one for you.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #8,880 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back