Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 30, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #7,966 of 42,765
I see those cables both have 1 single black *band* on the insert part of each end.

I have this cable and it has 2 black *bands* on both ends.

Does this mean my cable above compared to Yours will provide me Less Quality or even function?

I don't think so. Literally I have tested regular 3,5mm stereo interconnects through coaxial outs and ins to no deleterious effect. I'm sure something is off somewhere, but it may be so minor as to not register. I need to test it again. 

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #7,967 of 42,765
Please, no one is an idiot..
smily_headphones1.gif

The problem with optical is you really need to pay for quality or it will likely drop out or not have the bandwidth to play up to 24/192. With optical you really do get what you pay for. There is also Sys Concept located in Canada that's a little cheaper:

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349

Honestly, connecting with coaxial using the cable you have should be fine for you initially and I bet you'll love it. If you want to save for the optical cable then you have something to 'upgrade' to.

Please, idiots do exist. NaiveSound isn't one of them, but they do exist. 

Naive: the advice given in the last two pages of this thread is really good. I hope you find a good solution.

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #7,969 of 42,765
Sorry but I don't use Spotify. I did try it originally but I thought their streaming quality was fixed and even on the premium service it was 320 kbit/s?

320 Kbps (Kilo Bits Per Second) is a measure of data size, not the same as Sampling Rate (which was being asked with the Mac), nor Bit Depth.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #7,972 of 42,765

Please stop bullying me, Shigzeo!
etysmile.gif

Lol but what about some of the real bullies? or wind-up merchants? on Head-Fi who sometimes disguise themselves as do-gooders, etc.
blink.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #7,973 of 42,765
Wow, how awsome, finally my search is at the end for now. Sounds absolutely amazing, clear, clean, wide, real. Compared to the dx80/dx90/ is no comparison, MOJO is amazing. Very musical, engaging and just sexy.

Thank you all for your help, now just need a way to attach these 2 thingd for portability. Got a bicycle band on the way, but those come from China and take 1 month to get here. I wonder what else I can do to attach these 2 together.

Sounds splendid on se846

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #7,974 of 42,765
Back to being serious...

I'm surprised that I haven't yet seen anyone using silicone sealant to safely glue their Mojo to their transport device.

It bonds very strongly and invisibly, yet, when so-desired, can be easily peeled away without damaging the Mojo or the transport device.

It's basically a perfect, safe, invisible, strong, removable, adhesive...

www.amazon.co.uk/Bond--Transparent-Adhesive-Premium-Silicone/dp/B00BBIARNA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1451489510&sr=8-4&keywords=aquarium+silicone

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #7,976 of 42,765
  Back to being serious...

I'm surprised that I haven't yet seen anyone using silicone sealant to safely glue their Mojo to their transport device.

It bonds very strongly and invisibly, yet, when so-desired, can be easily peeled away without damaging the Mojo or the transport device.

www.amazon.co.uk/Bond--Transparent-Adhesive-Premium-Silicone/dp/B00BBIARNA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1451489510&sr=8-4&keywords=aquarium+silicone

Um, hate to rain on the parade, but I wouldn't suggest using silicone sealant to adhere pieces of gear together, unless you want them to stay attached for a very long time. I used to be an engineer for one of the biggest silicone manufacturers in the world and while silicone is safe, clear and strong, it is not easily removable. 100% silicone sealants are what attached the glass panels to the sides of skyscrapers afterall. Some surfaces allow you to remove silicone, but those same surfaces would also therefore not be good for adhesion. I'd stick with (sorry for the pun) bands or velcro. Cheers

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #7,977 of 42,765

Back to being serious...

Um, hate to rain on the parade, but I wouldn't suggest using silicone sealant to adhere pieces of gear together, unless you want them to stay attached for a very long time. I used to be an engineer for one of the biggest silicone manufacturers in the world and while silicone is safe, clear and strong, it is not easily removable. 100% silicone sealants are what attached the glass panels to the sides of skyscrapers afterall. Some surfaces allow you to remove silicone, but those same surfaces would also therefore not be good for adhesion. I'd stick with (sorry for the pun) bands or velcro. Cheers

I take your point, but I'm also very familiar with the stuff, having used it countless times, over the years, for personal items, model-making, and professional kitchen-fitting.

i wouldn't recommend entirely coating the available mating surface, but 4 small dobs (or a thin continuous bead) can do a great job without causing problems. Applied correctly, it can be carefully peeled away, when required, provided it has been used in small amounts. I agree that problems could certainly arise if too large a bonding surface has been used, or inappropriate seperation method used.

I seriously do not feel that silicone poses greater risks than self-adhesive velcro, or double-sided sticky tape, or even rubber band (eventual wear-&-tear of slightly-rubbing surfaces. etc.). All stacking options have a small degree or risk, in one way or another.

Each to their own
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #7,978 of 42,765
  Back to being serious...

www.amazon.co.uk/Bond--Transparent-Adhesive-Premium-Silicone/dp/B00BBIARNA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1451489510&sr=8-4&keywords=aquarium+silicone.

I have used a thin foam based double sided tape - a small bit at each of the 3 corners.
blink.gif

Mython, is this your dog and do you have a valid dog license to be roaming the streets?
wink_face.gif

900x900px-LL-5f09eff1_lipsynchCCs2.jpeg

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #7,979 of 42,765

Mython, is this your dog and do you have a valid dog license to be roaming the streets?
wink_face.gif

900x900px-LL-5f09eff1_lipsynchCCs2.jpeg

No, that Akita is not mine - he belongs to a neighbour, and I managed to get a restraining order against him, so I can walk to the shops in peace, without being accosted!

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #7,980 of 42,765

I take your point, but I'm also very familiar with the stuff, having used it countless times, over the years, for personal items, model-making, and professional kitchen-fitting.

i wouldn't recommend entirely coating the available mating surface, but 4 small dobs (or a thin continuous bead) can do a great job without causing problems. Applied correctly, it can be carefully peeled away, when required, provided it has been used in small amounts. I agree that problems could certainly arise if too large a bonding surface has been used, or inappropriate seperation method used.

I seriously do not feel that silicone poses greater risks than self-adhesive velcro, or double-sided sticky tape, or even rubber band (eventual wear-&-tear of slightly-rubbing surfaces. etc.). All stacking options have a small degree or risk, in one way or another.

Each to their own
beerchug.gif

True, a smaller surface area will pose less of a risk, but then also have less adhesive strength. My worry is that depending on the surface you might need to scrape the silicone off as if it gets good adhesion and the silicone itself isn't as strong as the bond it won't simply peel off. If you have to scrape it off then you will risk scratching the surface. And how strong it bonds depends on the surface material and also how clean the surface is. The trick with silicone sealants is not the rubber itself, but the curing technology (how it "dries") and the specialty chemicals compounded in that create better adhesive bonds with different surfaces. Our R&D guys spent decades perfecting these two elements. 

Regarding the band method, I suggest placing a thin piece of rubber between the two units to protect them from rubbing together. A soft enough piece of rubber will also keep them from sliding against each other, which makes the banding approach more effective. Maybe not surprisingly I use a sheet of cured silicone rubber! Here's where I got mine - http://www.ebay.com/itm/131335778460?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. 

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back