Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 28, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #7,816 of 42,788

Separate cover dressed

Put on

Very strong very clean

What did you use to attach the mojo to the case? Looks great and I might do that since I have a couple extra cases lying around. Thanks!

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #7,817 of 42,788
Need a ferrite shielded micro USB cable for mojo. Not shielded with a ferrite choke but shielded from end to end in ferrite.

Don't think such a thing is made as ferrite isn't flexible.

Also ferrite cores are typically using to block interference from propagating down a cable, not shielding an entire cable. My Cardas Golden Reference have such a ferrite shield, but only at one end. Cheers

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #7,818 of 42,788
Change your cellular settings to 2G, let me know what you hear. :wink_face:

Oh, I know Edge wreaks havoc with EMI. Could always tell when someone at work had a poor cell connection. Made our conference call Polycom phones go bonkers!

However, I'm not listening anywhere I'm not on 4G or LTE. Maybe I'm lucky?

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #7,819 of 42,788

What did you use to attach the mojo to the case? Looks great and I might do that since I have a couple extra cases lying around. Thanks!

The base of the mojo is the firm hooks side of a velcro and the soft side was dressed edge to edge over a spare cover.

Strong velcro. An exacto knife and a steady hand to trim around your chosen cover in a way that looks like it came that way.

Nobody has ever noticed it was made by me and think i bought it. Cutting squares and just slapping it on looks like **** to me and it is less secure.

This cover with all the dot grip area covered and the top/bottom trim camera and buttons left undressed

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #7,820 of 42,788
Change your cellular settings to 2G, let me know what you hear.
wink_face.gif

I will try that.  I get a lot of 2G up here in the woods but until now I was not listening to Mojo when I was driving.  I will plug Mojo into the car audio in jack and see what kind of noise I get on 2G.  

I don't know how to put and iPhone in the 2G mode.  I never wanted to do that before but it's a good experiment.

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #7,821 of 42,788
I will try that.  I get a lot of 2G up here in the woods but until now I was not listening to Mojo when I was driving.  I will plug Mojo into the car audio in jack and see what kind of noise I get on 2G.  

I don't know how to put and iPhone in the 2G mode.  I never wanted to do that before but it's a good experiment.

I think it's the biggest reason some hear EMI noise and others don't. Just go in to Settings > Celullar > Voice & Data to select the service.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #7,824 of 42,788

I have both modded and re-cabled my HD800s. I don't think I could listen to them stock out of the Mojo, or even out of most of the rest of the gear I have here. I don't think that is the fault of the Mojo at all, as with the damping and re-cabling they sound sufficiently different that I can enjoy listening with them out of the Mojo now. 

Interesting!
This definitely makes me rush to get into the mod for the HD800s...
Not sure if I remember correctly from a previous post... the mod you applied is the Anaxilus right?

It's not any particular mod -- the mods were originally created by Jazz Casual, though he wasn't the first person to think of it. At the moment I have stick-on felt covering the metal ring and "rug liner" covering pretty much everything else except the driver. I have 3 different HD800 cables -- I compared them and there isn't much in it between them other than any of them are better to my ears than the stock cable. I'll take a photo at some point. I'm not sure they are the best compared to the various options, as sometimes I felt like the sound was too precise. A similar, if un-related discussion came up about the amount of felt surrounding the driver in the MrSpeakers Ethers, where fully surrounding the driver would have a similar, over-precise-focus effect, though for different reasons. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #7,825 of 42,788
I hear it also comes down to file format as far as noise goes,

What is the most complete, lossless possible file format, what is the Topnotch file format, and how does t one obtain it, I can get flac but I can't find DSD anywhere, I never listened to DSD if that's the best, I want the best from mojo

File format has nothing to do with noise unless your player has trouble reading one and introduces noise. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #7,826 of 42,788
I am also interested in such a cable in the US. Is it available? I've seen the Lavricable, but it is not right angled.

Send him an email, he is quite open to requests. I am awaiting his return from the Seasons Holidays. I will order a short micro usb to micro usb OTG with 2 right angled plugs.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #7,827 of 42,788
guys i have an important question

today i had a discussion about mojo connected to ak daps using the sysconnect optical cable, and when i connect my ak100ii to the mojo with the optical cable the eq works, my other head-fier told me his eq does not work when he conencts his ak dap to the mojo

who is right? and how come my eq works while his does not when we connect it to the mojo optically

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #7,828 of 42,788
  guys i have an important question

today i had a discussion about mojo connected to ak daps using the sysconnect optical cable, and when i connect my ak100ii to the mojo with the optical cable the eq works, my other head-fier told me his eq does not work when he conencts his ak dap to the mojo

who is right? and how come my eq works while his does not when we connect it to the mojo optically

Probably better to ask that one in the AK threads, since the Mojo has nothing to do with EQ being audible or not

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #7,829 of 42,788

Better to ask that one in the AK threads...

i will ask here as they will tell me ask in the mojo thread :wink:, especially many ak owners use it with the mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back