Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 26, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #7,651 of 42,765
I don't think it's about personal preference. It's like making a comparison on unequal ground.

There are so many variables like you said that I don't think there will be perfect comparison. Also, personal preference can also be a variable.

I know it is not "grounded" and 100% full proof from all variables, but this comparison for an average consumer like me, works for me.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #7,653 of 42,765
  My Mojo is off !!!-- no pun intended (think Austin Powers). Really wanted to like this product. 

Got it from Moon audio. Set it up on my PC via the guide there. Had it charge 10 hours overnight before use.

Playing all formats including DSD with a hitch with Jriver

However, periodically, after two hours of continuous  it turns off by itself. When I turn it back on it will run for a while and then turn off again. 

Granted it is super-hot-- but this kills my Mojo !!

I was using it for gaming and music only, not to heat up my room !! 

Is this happening to you all?

should I get a refund or replacement? 

Does take the fun and mojo out of it for me at least. Constant reboots remind me of my windows PC.

If you're using the Mojo as a desktop DAC only you could fit it with a heatsink. It would need something like a thermal pad laid on the Mojo top side, then a small heatsink strapped on. 

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #7,654 of 42,765
What type of cable do I need to exactly run a mojo from my note 5?

A short (or long......up to you) OTG USB cable and then use a player on the Note 5 such as Onkyo etc)

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #7,658 of 42,765

Personally, I think electricity is bad for sound quality - I prefer my audio gear to be powered by Qi (Chi) !
tongue.gif

Isn't that a panda?

What a 'shocking' statement, John!

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #7,659 of 42,765
This Cable. A micro usb to a micro usb. nothing to worry about hiss and fuzz. Plain and simple. Use the USB audio player and you can play even your dsd file without a hitch.  [COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Thank you so much, and it will sound better then a dx90 or dx80?

Would mojo run better if it had a better source than the note 5?

Anywhere I can get a decent deal on it?

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #7,660 of 42,765

I don't think source matters that much when you're using a USB DAC.
Imo, you shouldn't spend a dime on another source if you've already got the note 5.

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #7,662 of 42,765

1. The DAC in Mojo is technically superior to the DAC in a DX90 or DX80 (no disrespect intended to iBasso, at all). However, we all have different listening experiences and different listening preferences. There will, therefore, always be differences of opinion between various listeners. So, it's not really wise to say that one thing 'will sound better' than another, because 'better' means different things to different listeners. The best thing, if you can, is to get a demonstration at a dealer.

1. Source will not make much significant difference (there are always a few rare exceptions to every 'rule', but, for the most part, it's not a significant factor for you, when choosing a partner device to supply the Mojo with digital input). A Samsung Note 5 is absolutely ideal for use with the Mojo. You're 'good-to-go'!

1. I can assure you that $599 is already incredible value for the SQ Mojo is capable of. Don't just take my word for it - go to the 3rd post on the 1st page of this thread, and read all the reviews and first-impressions, and see what people around the world are saying. Mojo has been selling as fast as Chord can make it, since it was released, a couple of months ago, and it is very unlikely that you would find it discounted anywhere. Choose a reputable Chord dealer, who will handle aftersales professionally. What country are you in? Here are some Distributors. If you let me know what country you're in, I may be able to suggest some decent dealers.

beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #7,663 of 42,765
comparing this with my dacport lx, the sound from mojo is....more exciting. 

with non-audiophile terms, with dacport lx it is like you are playing from a record, while from mojo it feels like you are watching it live! like 2D vs 3D! very obvious after a few songs.

from my hd700, with dacport lx things are good, revealing, instrument separation etc, but once i plug in the mojo, after a few songs i can feel that dacport lx is more boring/recording like while mojo is really exciting. it is not V shaped because the mid/voice is good, so i agree when people here commented about W shaped. The bass is better, the treble is better, everything is more 3D. 

no bad treble in case you wonder about hd700. 

songs that immediately struck me about the 2D vs 3D is 'All out of love' by Olivia Ong. The guitar and the vocal. 

disappointment? android spotify doesnt support OTG yet. and window 7 drivers is a pain at first without the digital signature.( dont bother about skipping the checking of signature, wasted an hour)  so by following some online guide i use dseo13b.exe from some tech website to sign the digital signature. 

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #7,664 of 42,765
OK, amazing, I'm truly exited, where can I get a Decent deal on a mojo?

Agree with Mython and others on their answers. Regarding price, don't think you'll find anything off of list. And not that you should, list price is still an amazing value. Cheers

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #7,665 of 42,765
  • The DAC in Mojo is technically superior to the DAC in a DX90 or DX80 (no disrespect intended to iBasso, at all). However, we all have different listening experiences and different listening preferences. There will, therefore, always be differences of opinion between various listeners. So, it's not really wise to say that one thing 'will sound better' than another, because 'better' means different things to different listeners. The best thing, if you can, is to get a demonstration at a dealer.

• Source will not make much significant difference (there are always a few rare exceptions to every 'rule', but, for the most part, it's not a significant factor for you, when choosing a partner device to supply the Mojo with digital input). A Samsung Note 5 is absolutely ideal for use with the Mojo. You're 'good-to-go'!

• I can assure you that $599 is already incredible value for the SQ Mojo is capable of. Don't just take my word for it - go to the 3rd post on the 1st page of this thread, and read all the reviews and first-impressions, and see what people around the world are saying. Mojo has been selling as fast as Chord can make it, since it was released, a couple of months ago, and it is very unlikely that you would find it discounted anywhere. Choose a reputable Chord dealer, who will handle aftersales professionally. What country are you in? Here are some Distributors. If you let me know what country you're in, I may be able to suggest some decent dealers.

:beerchug:  

I'm in USA,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back