Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #691 of 42,765
My goodness what a frenetic thread! :)

Anyway, ordered Mojo fron Custom Cable Thursday, received at work yesterday. The normal impressive service!

Charging today, listening tomorrow. I love my Hugo. If it makes an iPhone sound good, all I can say is well done Chord!

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #695 of 42,765
  The Mojo is not bright, it's a bit on the warm side.. ultimately depends on headphone coupling of course. I tested it with my Focal Spirit Pros and Ortofon EQ5 IEMs which are rated as quite revealing/neutral and the sound was warmish, with a lot of deep, controlled and sexy bass. I compared it with Ifi iDSD Nano, Lavry DA11, and Genelec 8330 DSP monitors (which are tuned for a very flat response in my room using DSP), I can tell you the baby Mojo is not bass shy, it can shatter eardrums.
The high frequencies are very natural, I played some (not so well mastered) AC/DC songs that can be shrill but with the Mojo and it was a pleasant experience, in fact whatever you play, the Mojo adds bit of fairy dust on the high frequencies to never sound shrill with bad recordings, but it still keeps great detail retrieval in my humble opinion. Ideally I would prefer a bit more bite up top to make it more neutral, but it's very close as it is.

I have been switching between listening to an AK380 (yes, way more expensive, I know) and a Chord Mojo (source galaxy S6) and I can categorically state that there is a whole section of bottom end bass that is not rendered by the Mojo that is by the AK380.

Also, I find that the top-end rendering of the AK380 has more information in it, but we are really not comparing like with like. Although it does make you realise what a good job Astell & Kern did given that the AK380 is not much larger than the Mojo - but they do charge you way way way more for it.

That does not mean that the Mojo is bad - in fact for the money it's down right incredible, just a bit lacking in bottom end grunt and high-end detail.

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #697 of 42,765

I have been switching between listening to an AK380 (yes, way more expensive, I know) and a Chord Mojo (source galaxy S6) and I can categorically state that there is a whole section of bottom end bass that is not rendered by the Mojo that is by the AK380.

Also, I find that the top-end rendering of the AK380 has more information in it, but we are really not comparing like with like. Although it does make you realise what a good job Astell & Kern did given that the AK380 is not much larger than the Mojo - but they do charge you way way way more for it.

That does not mean that the Mojo is bad - in fact for the money it's down right incredible, just a bit lacking in bottom end grunt and high-end detail.

That's a fair point - i'm intrigued about the AK380 now, it does cost 5x the Mojo though so I won't dare go near it :)
I guess it might depend on the headphones also, some might not play nice with the Mojo..

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #698 of 42,765
Oct 17, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #699 of 42,765

As much as I like ak380 but as many agree it is a somewhat u shape device, not quite neutral as lotoo paw gold or as resolving as hugo.

AK380 is sure fun to listen too and this gives me more hope to mojo. I don't want mojo to be overly colored.

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #700 of 42,765

Which music player running on Galaxy S6 do you use?

Thanks

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #703 of 42,765
Nope. Tidal does not work with
Could You try to use some streaming service like Tidal or Spotify? Does they work properly on S6?

Nope does not work with Tidal with Samsung S5 with lollipop so don't think it would work with S6.

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #704 of 42,765
Nope. Tidal does not work with
Nope does not work with Tidal with Samsung S5 with lollipop so don't think it would work with S6.

Thanks, is there any list of supported devices? Cause Chord Electronics site says: "It works with your iPhone, Android or Windows phone."

"Android tablets and phones that conform to the OTG standard." As far as I know S5 and S6 does support OTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back