Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #676 of 42,765
  I ordered Mojo
popcorn.gif

Can someone can compare with Vorzüge PureII+ vs Mojo?

I have the pure II + but i do not have a mojo though I am tempted! if anyone is interested on a temp swap to compare let me know!

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #677 of 42,765
Has anyone compared the Mojo and the Fostex HP-P1? I am very curious about any impressions.

I am considering an upgrade but the Mojo has a few minor things that bothers me:
- the need to use the CCK
- that you can't turn the lights completely off. In a dark room it takes very little light to light up the whole place

Apart from that I am very tempted! Sounds like a perfect companion to my iPhone and all my headphones :)

The lights can be dimmed.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #678 of 42,765
The challenge is to output stored offline content from paired services. From moonaudio's sneak preview, the wifi dongle is essentially acting as a DLNA client. At best it may embed the streaming client and allow us to use the phone as a control point like the OpenHome format used by Linn. You can use Bubble to control it but still doesn't resolve the problem of offline storage.

The apps themselves so far do not have a function to choose specific local renders, else would have been able to output to USBAPP.

My best hope is Tidal making an app for Windows Phone 10. Else it would be an iPod Touch for me. <sigh>

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #679 of 42,765
So, does it sound great with the Pandora Hope VI now, after that fortuitous meeting? It's one of the headphones I'm likely to pair with the Mojo.

Same headphone as me so pleased to learn that all is good now.

Should receive my Mojo on Monday. Going away for a few days on Tues morning but assuming it's charged up in time I can hopefully PM you some brief thoughts on the pairing vs my current set up (PC> Musical Fidelity V90-DAC > ifi iCAN) if you like? May throw in my Z2 into the mix whilst away if I can get Tidal streaming working.

I have no doubts about the ability of the Mojo but some folk suggesting it is a bit bright sounding (appreciate others say it's not) has me a bit twitchy as I feel the Pandora has the tendency to get a bit strident with amps that are a touch on the bright side.

I'll likely be using it in mostly in a desktop setting (hopefully replacing the above set up) so do also wonder if the regime of charging / cable swapping will start to feel like a bit of a chore. So going to hold onto my current gear until I decide which works best for me....winner stays on, loser goes to a new home.

Despite those reservations I still feel the Mojo has at least to be tried. Otherwise I'd always be wondering 'what if?' :wink:

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #680 of 42,765
Getting some terrible interference when paired with my iPhone when using 4g. Anyone else experiencing same issue?

Oct 17, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #681 of 42,765
Only end of October I will receive my Mojo.
I'm going to use my ak240 as a transport to Mojo's direct lineout to Cypher Labs Trio amp.
How do u guys think of my combo, ok?
Most probably be using Grado PS500 with it.

Oct 17, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #685 of 42,765
  First impressions of Mojo - clean, clear, highly detailed, but where's the bass? I'm quite relieved to say I think the Hugo is comfortably better than its new little brother.  Early days though.

- Coax out of Fiio X5 noticeably smoother and warmer than USB out of iphone6
- With the new DT1770 (highly recommended) the Mojo loses the impactful bass and lower mids that make this phone sound so good out the Oppo HA2 and the Hugo

you'll have some decent headphones at the end of next week, that should help some...
wink_face.gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #688 of 42,765
  First impressions of Mojo - clean, clear, highly detailed, but where's the bass? I'm quite relieved to say I think the Hugo is comfortably better than its new little brother.  Early days though.

- Coax out of Fiio X5 noticeably smoother and warmer than USB out of iphone6
- With the new DT1770 (highly recommended) the Mojo loses the impactful bass and lower mids that make this phone sound so good out the Oppo HA2 and the Hugo

Yes - I agree. It's quite an amazing DAC for the price, but it definitely lacks some bottom end weight.

Oct 17, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #689 of 42,765
The Mojo is not bright, it's a bit on the warm side.. ultimately depends on headphone coupling of course. I tested it with my Focal Spirit Pros and Ortofon EQ5 IEMs which are rated as quite revealing/neutral and the sound was warmish, with a lot of deep, controlled and sexy bass. I compared it with Ifi iDSD Nano, Lavry DA11, and Genelec 8330 DSP monitors (which are tuned for a very flat response in my room using DSP), I can tell you the baby Mojo is not bass shy, it can shatter eardrums.
The high frequencies are very natural, I played some (not so well mastered) AC/DC songs that can be shrill but with the Mojo and it was a pleasant experience, in fact whatever you play, the Mojo adds bit of fairy dust on the high frequencies to never sound shrill with bad recordings, but it still keeps great detail retrieval in my humble opinion. Ideally I would prefer a bit more bite up top to make it more neutral, but it's very close as it is.

Oct 17, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #690 of 42,765
This is some exciting stuff. I haven't had the urge buy something on an impulse for awhile. Just want to make sure it works fine with Tidal and Apple products (Lightning connectors/CCK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back