Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 20, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #5,476 of 42,765
  Noooo!!!! Not another run of ball jokes?

It seems to resurface every 10 pages of posts.

Please understand it's been done X times before. It was mildly funny the 1st time but gets tiring :)

Thread dedicated to "Mojo's Balls" anyone??? At least then we could redirect people.

I would do it, but I can't quite see the moderators allowing it for very long :) 

I'm simply stating I have no problem with tight Mojo balls. 

Get a life bro. There have been people here that have had very tight Mojo balls.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #5,478 of 42,765
  I'm simply stating I have no problem with tight Mojo balls. 

Get a life bro. There have been people here that have had very tight Mojo balls.

who am i to go against the tide? must be a man thing. Oh there I go, slipping one in. And again. Before I know it Ill be complaining about my own sticky balls, or that my balls just shouldn't be that colour? Oh it goes on. It is friday night after all!

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #5,479 of 42,765
It works, it's cheap, and readily available. You may get RF noise as its not shielded but I hear none whatsoever. First hand experience.

This is a simple FiiO cable? So it should work with almost every short jack/jack cable right?

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #5,480 of 42,765
  Im simply providing info that maybe the tight Mojo balls problem has been fixed. 

Enjoy your Mojo .Life is too short to get exasperated over   someone  possibly making a Mojo balls joke. 

To be fair to you I didnt think you were joking. My volume ones are loose whilst the power ball is more stiffer to move. The casing is cast and so are the plastic ball, as more and more are made, due to wear of the moulds they should be a looser fit.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #5,481 of 42,765
  My Mojo balls are very loose. Hmmm . I wonder if they worked them a little bit at the plant because of the complaints on the first batch? 

Id much rather have loose than tight balls .

I remain at a loss on why this is important.  I press them down -- I don't roll them.  Am I doing something wrong?

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #5,482 of 42,765
This is a simple FiiO cable? So it should work with almost every short jack/jack cable right?

Yes, just a simple stereo interconnect. The reason it works with the X5 is the coaxial signal is on the tip and the ground is the next pole on the sleeve. The third pole is ignored. It should work for any mono TS 3.5mm coaxial output, like on iBasso models as well. There is no shielding but I heard no noise or interference at all.

The problems start happening when the coaxial out from the DAP is shared with a line out, like the FiiO X3ii / X5ii / X7. They have the signal on the last pole of a TRRS configuration and the ground is shared with the line out on the third pole.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #5,484 of 42,765
Yes, just a simple stereo interconnect. The reason it works with the X5 is the coaxial signal is on the tip and the ground is the next pole on the sleeve. The third pole is ignored. It should work for any mono TS 3.5mm coaxial output, like on iBasso models as well. There is no shielding but I heard no noise or interference at all.

The problems start happening when the coaxial out from the DAP is shared with a line out, like the FiiO X3ii / X5ii / X7. They have the signal on the last pole of a TRRS configuration and the ground is shared with the line out on the third pole.

Thanks! It solves a big problem for me. Because 100$ for a 10cm cable, no thank you ^^

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #5,485 of 42,765
If you are so n a Mac and not getting any audio output, check that it hasn't defaulted to the maximum sample rate in Audio Midi Setup. It sometimes does that by default, sending data that the DAC can't handle.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #5,487 of 42,765
So tonight I got to finally use my Mojo. I decided on a different take for first time use, I connected my Mojo to my Pionner BluRay player and toslink to the Mojo.
I purchased the R-40 live Rush Bluray and connect my Sennheiser HD 800 directly to Mojo. Had to see if the Mojo could drive HD 800 well boy do they ever and I like my music fairly loud.

The sound is fantastic out of this little guy and enjoyed it!s sound signature, it's detailed sound stage is Spectacular and the level of musicality is all there. If your on the fence you owe it to yourself to try it our. this truly is incredible feat.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #5,488 of 42,765
  From what I see, it's the AK120 that seems to be the best match for the footprint of the Mojo, and no less the lining up of the input/output jacks.  The X5 with dual-lock doesn't look like it would be too cumbersome either.

Anyone seen the AK100II with the Mojo?  I've got OCD for clean stacks (of any kind) and short cables, but I may hate bad GUIs more.

I suppose you haven't tried the original AK100 with Mojo.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #5,489 of 42,765
I tried the Mojo today feeding one of my CMA800R amps at the fixed 3V output setting. Man, it sure didn't embarrass itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back