Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 12, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #4,876 of 42,765
Yes, roll your balls for a while, it frees them up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #4,877 of 42,765
I've replicated the problem again with the iphone and CCK. I was having to wrestle the volume down as it was in a continuous upwards loop. I had to wrestle with it about 4 times before it settled down.

The problem did not occur with the iMac confirming my friends experience.

I'm starting to think there is a problem now...

I'm using an iPhone 6 & CCK but this only happened once so I think whatever the problem is I think you ought to get in touch with your dealer because yours sounds a lot worse than mine.
I did notice the the controls were a bit stiff straight from the box but now they've freed up with use they are fine ,no more problems.

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #4,879 of 42,765
I'm going to roll my balls. Thanks for the suggestions.

Just be careful. As it states in the Mojo users guide, if you push both while turning on they'll turn blue. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #4,880 of 42,765
  I have the HE560 too! Love it!

And oh... a delivery just arrived!  And it works!!!!  DSD playing on IOS 9 on a iphone 5s on Onkyo HF player with no CCK kit!  

That is awesome!

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #4,881 of 42,765

You could always google best in ear headphones. http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-in-ear-headphones

Tyll @ innerfidelity did a pretty good CIEM roundup a few months ago too... certainly worth checking out as he was focusing in on lower cost CIEMs if I remember correctly. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #4,882 of 42,765
its looking a killer portable Dac/AMP but i still didnt see serious comprasions and how it stacks against serious contenders ray samuels sr71, ALO  Continental Dual Mono, cypher labs solo doet therom 720, triad l3 and on...

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #4,883 of 42,765
its looking a killer portable Dac/AMP but i still didnt see serious comprasions and how it stacks against serious contenders ray samuels sr71, ALO  Continental Dual Mono, cypher labs solo doet therom 720, triad l3 and on...

Look at comparisons of those devices compared to the Hugo and add some slight smoothness to the sound for the Mojo and you'll get an idea.

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #4,884 of 42,765

Quite a few pages back, I did a comparison with Ray Samuels F-35 Lightning and the Intruder. The Intruder is the closest as it is DAC/amp whereas the Lightning and SR-71B are simply amps.

If high resolution is important, the Intruder DAC/amp is limited to 16/48 but as most of my files are 16/44.1 I did not mind. Mojo allows resolution beyond what is even available now.

Sonically, the Mojo has a better 3D holographic sound and imaging with greater clarity than the Intruder all without a hint of fatigue. To me that is amazing when you remember the Intruder is best when using the balanced output which I did and the Mojo only has a 3.5mm output.

Is the Mojo vastly better than the Intruder, no, I remain a fan of the Burr Brown DAC and implementation of the Intruder but the Mojo is evolutionary not revolutionary better.

p.s. While I prefer the Mojo I could understand someone preferring the gentle more intimate sound of the Intruder.

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #4,885 of 42,765

I'm not sure that any of those are serious contenders to the Chrod Mojo. The ALO Continental Dual Mono is more than double the price of the Mojo at $1,495 and the Triad Audio L3 and Ray Samuels SR-71 do not include DAC chips. The Cypher Labs Theorem 720 is perhaps a competitor to the Mojo but given its higher price, larger size, and lack of an optical input I don't see many buyers contemplating that decision. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #4,886 of 42,765

As I've mentioned here previously the CDM is actually a great (but clearly not budget friendly) companion to the Mojo. Line out from the Mojo to the CDM is some of the best I've ever heard from both my K10's and my LCD-3's. So from a high level I'd say the DAC in the Mojo beats the DAC in the CDM (although the CDM is still great) and the tube amp section in the CDM sounds better than the Mojo alone - of course all IMO. So currently in transit I use my AK100/Mojo stack, and at my desk I plug the Mojo into the CDM.

Cheers 

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #4,887 of 42,765
Quite a few pages back, I did a comparison with Ray Samuels F-35 Lightning and the Intruder. The Intruder is the closest as it is DAC/amp whereas the Lightning and SR-71B are simply amps.

If high resolution is important, the Intruder DAC/amp is limited to 16/48 but as most of my files are 16/44.1 I did not mind. Mojo allows resolution beyond what is even available now.

Sonically, the Mojo has a better 3D holographic sound and imaging with greater clarity than the Intruder all without a hint of fatigue. To me that is amazing when you remember the Intruder is best when using the balanced output which I did and the Mojo only has a 3.5mm output.

Is the Mojo vastly better than the Intruder, no, I remain a fan of the Burr Brown DAC and implementation of the Intruder but the Mojo is evolutionary not revolutionary better.

p.s. While I prefer the Mojo I could understand someone preferring the gentle more intimate sound of the Intruder.

did you try Mojo out to SE input of the Intruder to balanced out to your SE846?

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #4,889 of 42,765
  Has anyone encountered a problem with the Mojo volume buttons. When I listen via my iphone, if I increase the volume it seems to 'stick' and increase to full volume. I might have already ruined one portable set of headphones already. Thank god I got it off my head in time! My friend tried it today with his IEMs and his iphone and it did the same thing. He was quite annoyed as he suffers from tinitus and has just bought the IEMs.

He did say the problem didn't occur when he used his MBP as a source over USB.

Is it just us, a firmware issue or is the unit defective?

My one also had stuck balls but rotating them around made them smooth.

FYI, people also had issues with Mojo stacking where the elastic band can accidentally press down on the volume buttons. (and blows up IEMs).

There is already a "volume guard" sold on Amazon Japan to stop this from happening.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/400/dp/B017NB6AMK

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #4,890 of 42,765
My one also had stuck balls but rotating them around made them smooth.

FYI, people also had issues with Mojo stacking where the elastic band can accidentally press down on the volume buttons. (and blows up IEMs).

There is already a "volume guard" sold on Amazon Japan to stop this from happening.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/400/dp/B017NB6AMK

We need this in the US!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back