Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 12, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #4,861 of 42,765
  Guys recommend me some IEM's to go with the Mojo, I have Oppo PM3's and love them and the sound signature, just want something to use not necessarily on the go but a bit more practical, although would be used on the odd train journey. One thing I hate is microphonics so needs to be minimal.

I've been researching the following and drawn up a shortlist, feel free to add to it;

Audiofly AF180
Shure SE535
Westone W40

Cheers

I can only suggest these

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/acs-custom-evoke-custom-in-ear-monitors.html

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,862 of 42,765
I have the Mojo for 2 weeks now and during that span I tried 4 cans, (HD800, T1, T51p, SR-507/SRM-323S). Of course each can has their unique Sonic Qualities/signature but one thing I notice so far that is true for all the cans is that the Mojo brings out the best qualities of each cans forward and flaws in each seemed diminished if not rendered unnoticeable.

Tonight, I gave the RS2e a run with my Mojo. Which I have not been using for quite a while due to it being generally bright and harsh and thin sounding overall. However, when paired with Mojo, the overall sound seems to have gained a bigger body, harshness is noticeably reduced which allows me to discren micro details much more clearly. The bass which is used to be on the boomy, slow and bloated side now sound leaner, faster and hit harder. I think this is the first time I listen to my RS2e for 2 hours straight and still not feeling any fatigue.

The mojo did not turn the RS2e to a darker can. Far from it. It still has that strong energy on the treble and unique Grado sound is still very much recognizable. Just without the harshness or the extra energy the makes fatigue settle quickly.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #4,863 of 42,765
  Guys recommend me some IEM's to go with the Mojo, I have Oppo PM3's and love them and the sound signature, just want something to use not necessarily on the go but a bit more practical, although would be used on the odd train journey. One thing I hate is microphonics so needs to be minimal.

I've been researching the following and drawn up a shortlist, feel free to add to it;

Audiofly AF180
Shure SE535
Westone W40

Cheers

I'm a big Noble fan. While the TOTL K10's are truly awesome, they're also not in the price range of your list. Near that price-point I'd suggest these three options, which cater to a wide range of tastes:

Noble 3 (fun sound, fairly v-shaped)
Noble 4 (reference style, very flat)
Savant (highly "voiced" in a way that is super enjoyable, clean and musical)

Cheers

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #4,864 of 42,765

Audiofly AF180
Shure SE535
Westone W40

Cheers

You could always google best in ear headphones. http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-in-ear-headphones

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #4,865 of 42,765

You could always google best in ear headphones. http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-in-ear-headphones

deadhorse.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #4,866 of 42,765
The SE846's sound amazing fed from the Mojo. I got mine 2nd hand of forums and so much better the the SE535 which I had previously. Don't discard considering 2nd hand to get better for your money. I paid half price of new SE846's. (Obviously need to buy from reputable head-fi'er with receipt from authorised seller).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #4,867 of 42,765
Has anyone encountered a problem with the Mojo volume buttons. When I listen via my iphone, if I increase the volume it seems to 'stick' and increase to full volume. I might have already ruined one portable set of headphones already. Thank god I got it off my head in time! My friend tried it today with his IEMs and his iphone and it did the same thing. He was quite annoyed as he suffers from tinitus and has just bought the IEMs.

He did say the problem didn't occur when he used his MBP as a source over USB.

Is it just us, a firmware issue or is the unit defective?

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #4,869 of 42,765
Has anyone encountered a problem with the Mojo volume buttons. When I listen via my iphone, if I increase the volume it seems to 'stick' and increase to full volume. I might have already ruined one portable set of headphones already. Thank god I got it off my head in time! My friend tried it today with his IEMs and his iphone and it did the same thing. He was quite annoyed as he suffers from tinitus and has just bought the IEMs.

Same thing happened to me when I first tried mine ,hasn't done it again and I've had the mojo for nearly 2 weeks now,luckily I didn't have my headphones on my head at the time.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #4,873 of 42,765
OT: Qobuz is asking fans to sign this petition:

https://www.change.org/p/fleur-pellerin-ministre-de-la-culture-et-de-la-communication-emmanuel-macron-ministre-de-l-économie-de-l-industrie-et-du-numérique-il-faut-sauver-qobuz?recruiter=65699860&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #4,874 of 42,765
Same thing happened to me when I first tried mine ,hasn't done it again and I've had the mojo for nearly 2 weeks now,luckily I didn't have my headphones on my head at the time.

I've replicated the problem again with the iphone and CCK. I was having to wrestle the volume down as it was in a continuous upwards loop. I had to wrestle with it about 4 times before it settled down.

The problem did not occur with the iMac confirming my friends experience.

I'm starting to think there is a problem now...

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #4,875 of 42,765

I hope yours are fresh out of the box. When the unit switched-off, try to rotate the balls in the socket for few minutes. It smoothes them out and prevents any chance of them being stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back