Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 16, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #40,681 of 42,768
greetings

i have mojo poly, and my mojo is bout 2 years old when i charge it fully while turned off it gives 4 hours playback

now when i connect it to the poly and both are fully charged, i noticed that after fully charging them and not even turning them on, after a day while not being used that poly battery is blue while mojo is orange, how can this big discharge happen so fast

any recommendations
Unscrew the base of the Mojo, and inspect your battery.
  • If it is swelling, the battery is on the way out, so remove it and put it somewhere where it will not be a fire risk.
  • If the battery looks normal, you can continue to use it.

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #40,682 of 42,768
Unscrew the base of the Mojo, and inspect your battery.
  • If it is swelling, the battery is on the way out, so remove it and put it somewhere where it will not be a fire risk.
  • If the battery looks normal, you can continue to use it.
from where can i buy another battery and is replacing it easy

and how bout the poly how come it is discharging so fast as well, on go figure app it shows its 80%. The poly is about 1 year old and i do not use it that much

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #40,683 of 42,768
from where can i buy another battery and is replacing it easy

and how bout the poly how come it is discharging so fast as well, on go figure app it shows its 80%. The poly is about 1 year old and i do not use it that much
The battery is easy to replace, you just unplug the cable and peel away the double sided tape holding the battery in place. There are plenty of pictures on this thread showing the cable and plug.
Some of the Chord dealers stock the battery, or you can email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and ask for them to arrange for a battery to be shipped.

Some posters complain about the battery price, and claim that owners can use a $10 radio control car battery. Don't risk it.

The poly sounds OK - remember that it is never totally switched off, because it has to be alert for the 'wake up' signal from the Mojo or a charger. So it will lose some charge, even if you are not listening to music.
It is also possible to accidently leave the poly streaming music, if you forget to stop streaming and switch the apps off. This can drain the battery overnight - but I don't think this is your issue, because you are only losing 20% charge.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #40,684 of 42,768
greetings

i have mojo poly, and my mojo is bout 2 years old when i charge it fully while turned off it gives 4 hours playback

now when i connect it to the poly and both are fully charged, i noticed that after fully charging them and not even turning them on, after a day while not being used that poly battery is blue while mojo is orange, how can this big discharge happen so fast

any recommendations
That seems too fast. Poly shouldn’t have anything to do with it. You can get a new battery (e.g., from Moon Audio for ~$75) and it’s easy to replace yourself.

Nov 16, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #40,685 of 42,768
That seems too fast. Poly shouldn’t have anything to do with it. You can get a new battery (e.g., from Moon Audio for ~$75) and it’s easy to replace yourself.
its very confusing as when i use the mojo alone it has 4 hours playtime, and does not drain battery while turned off, as it does when connected to poly and both are turned off

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #40,686 of 42,768
The problem is that the battery sits directly on top of the processor chip that generates a lot of heat and deteriorates the battery.
Vyyy's solution is the best one i heard of yet...if he can only be more specific with instructions on how to make it work!

If you are finding Mojo gets hot, it was recommended on the forum that you sit Mojo on its side with the LED balls facing upwards. That is the most efficient way to dissipate heat when in use/charging. Since I read that (I think early Spring) I had Mojo sit this way through the Summer and it ran way cooler.

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #40,687 of 42,768
I put larger sticky feet on one side in order to elevate it from the surface its resting on. Of course i use mine in a stationary desktop application.

20201117_131546.jpg
20201117_165959.jpg
20201117_131804.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #40,688 of 42,768
Question... I have used my chord mojo for about 5 months and today started experimenting with the different inputs and, right of the back when using the USB I need to use very little power to run my headphones (kph30i's & Mangird tea's not very power-hungry headphones/IEM's) but when using spidif I need more than double the power just to run the IEM's and I mean like a loooot of power from "red" (enough power to use 30 ish ohms headphones/IEM's) to "violet" (we are talking 200 ohms headphones "more or less") which is a lot of difference IMO. Is this normal? My theory is that maybe because the USB input is powered it comes with a "punch" but this doesn't make any sense because that's not how a DAC works does it?

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #40,689 of 42,768
Question... I have used my chord mojo for about 5 months and today started experimenting with the different inputs and, right of the back when using the USB I need to use very little power to run my headphones (kph30i's & Mangird tea's not very power-hungry headphones/IEM's) but when using spidif I need more than double the power just to run the IEM's and I mean like a loooot of power from "red" (enough power to use 30 ish ohms headphones/IEM's) to "violet" (we are talking 200 ohms headphones "more or less") which is a lot of difference IMO. Is this normal? My theory is that maybe because the USB input is powered it comes with a "punch" but this doesn't make any sense because that's not how a DAC works does it?
There are posts about the relationship between headphone or iem impedence, and the power required.

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #40,690 of 42,768
There are posts about the relationship between headphone or iem impedence, and the power required.
oh yeah, I know but what baffles me is not the power necessary to drive x or y headphones but the difference when using in this case from USB & SPDIF and what I'm wondering is if this is normal or am I doing something wrong? because I think it's weird that just by changing the source all of the sudden I need more than double the power to drive my headphones heck it's even scary I don't want to all the sudden blow my ears off! haha all that I did is a change from input a to b from the same source and same settings

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #40,691 of 42,768
deamn it just happened, it was like going from 60% volume to all of the sudden 500% it hurt like a kick in the nuts

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #40,692 of 42,768
oh yeah, I know but what baffles me is not the power necessary to drive x or y headphones but the difference when using in this case from USB & SPDIF and what I'm wondering is if this is normal or am I doing something wrong? because I think it's weird that just by changing the source all of the sudden I need more than double the power to drive my headphones heck it's even scary I don't want to all the sudden blow my ears off! haha all that I did is a change from input a to b from the same source and same settings
Lets clarify things:
  • SPDIF standard applies to both coaxial and optical - so which are you using
  • when you use SPDIF, are you still leaving the usb cable connected, even though you are playing no music through it?

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #40,693 of 42,768
Lets clarify things:
  • SPDIF standard applies to both coaxial and optical - so which are you using
  • when you use SPDIF, are you still leaving the usb cable connected, even though you are playing no music through it?

Oh, sorry thought SPDIF was just optical, I'm using optical in and the USB to power the unit, not the USB input, I do get audio and all but it's like if you went into tidal and lowered the volume in the app, weird, switched albums and that's when I almost blew my ears off now I'm testing if it was a bug in the app, then again it doesn't make any sense though..

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #40,694 of 42,768
deamn it just happened, it was like going from 60% volume to all of the sudden 500% it hurt like a kick in the nuts
It must be depending on your source. I use the HiBy R3 as Transport and the USB cable always transfers the bit perfect signal (100% volume) to Mojo, but if I use the 3,5mm coax out of the R3, the R3’s volume control changes the digital out signal.
Make sure your source is at 100% volume, then USB and Coax should be the same volume

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #40,695 of 42,768
I think i found the problem...

1605897371677.png

When using tidal i had this setting enabled (don't know why though), once i disabled it it almost blew my speakers now, honestly it's idiotic that a volume normalization setting changes so much the source and even worse it's not always applied since i almost blew my ears when changing from a "master track" to a non "master track", anyways this is not the place to rant about Tidal, I still find it weird that it just happens while using optical and not while using USB...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back