Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #37,940 of 42,765
ok, thanks, how about Hugo? there are 2 micro usb inputs on it, i read somewhere that one of them is the normal DAC input for whole range of sample and bit rates and the other is for smartphones and tablets but is limited to cd quality. is this true? i think i should ask this on a hugo thread ... :)
Are you thinking of buying a Hugo 1?

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #37,944 of 42,765
does anyone's mojo have a high pitched whirring sound during charging?

for some reason my mojo does after couple of weeks from purchase

sound only stops when i unplug it

no whirring noise when in USB mode

i only charge when device if powered off

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #37,945 of 42,765
I am using Mojo with line out and feeding it to Valhalla2 or Monoprice Liquid Platinum. I don’t own any Preamp right now, however at line level I find it too loud with amp volume at minimal with HD800s. Can I go down with Mojo volume control to give me more room for volume thru my amp, will reducing volume thru Mojo in any way reduce the sound resolution?or do I I have to invest in preamp like Schiit SYS.

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #37,946 of 42,765
I am using Mojo with line out and feeding it to Valhalla2 or Monoprice Liquid Platinum. I don’t own any Preamp right now, however at line level I find it too loud with amp volume at minimal with HD800s. Can I go down with Mojo volume control to give me more room for volume thru my amp, will reducing volume thru Mojo in any way reduce the sound resolution?or do I I have to invest in preamp like Schiit SYS.
If you go down 4 clicks that will be 1.9VRMS which is closer to true line level output. Plus should give you more volume range on your amp.

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #37,947 of 42,765

No, reducing the volume on the Mojo will not in any way reduce the quality of the signal. Line-out on Chord DACs is just a digital volume setting so don't fear that you are changing anything hardware wise by reducing the volume.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #37,948 of 42,765
does anyone's mojo have a high pitched whirring sound during charging?

for some reason my mojo does after couple of weeks from purchase

sound only stops when i unplug it

no whirring noise when in USB mode

i only charge when device if powered off
had this in the beginning as well (2015, got mojo first batch), turned out it was the usb charger that was producing the high pitched sound. changed to a better one, haven't had a problem since then.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #37,949 of 42,765
I found a hugo sold by someone, also a good as new mojo. I am not yet sure the price of hugo it's worth the difference. What do you think? 350 vs 800 euro.
That's quite a big difference. I would just get the MOJO.

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #37,950 of 42,765
Has anyone else had problems with the micro-USB sockets breaking on their Chord Mojo? I've used my mojo around a dozen times in total, stacked with my phone with a 90 degree angle OTG cable, and the micro-USB connector outer sleeve has now broken away - it is apparently just soldered to the circuit board and doesn't have any torsion relief or stabilisation with the outer frame from the looks of things, just the solder to resist any strain from the cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back