Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #37,609 of 42,765
Nov 10, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #37,612 of 42,765
Hehe. No, don't think so. Just in it for the sharing :)
I also don't have the parts right now for building an extra.
Well if you are ever up for it. PM me. I'm pretty easy going but would enjoy the experiment and interaction.

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #37,613 of 42,765
I have looked multiple times and do not see something that answers my question? I'm not trying to bypass the CCK. Maybe i'm blind.
Really sorry man. I honestly wasn't trying to be rude. I genuinely thought the FAQ would help. I use a Zee Audio cable that was pretty cheap. It's excellent but they seem rather elusive on the net. Mine bypasses the CCK for IOS but I'm sure they would do a cable to suit your needs.

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #37,614 of 42,765
I have read that astell & kerm are excellent transport for the mojo and that the sound of the mojo varies depending on the digital transport.
beyond the practicality of the M1 shanling you are sure that it makes good transport for the mojo? better than an astell & kerm?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #37,615 of 42,765
Hi @Rob Watts

Regarding JA's Stereophile Chord Mojo measurements a couple of years ago - did you ever get a chance to discuss his 16bit TOSlink jitter measurement (see below)?

What's the cause for the little hump? I know it's all at a very low level anyway and likely inaudible, but just curious if you discussed it with him.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-mojo-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 10.45.11 pm.png

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #37,616 of 42,765
Hi @Rob Watts

Regarding JA's Stereophile Chord Mojo measurements a couple of years ago - did you ever get a chance to discuss his 16bit TOSlink jitter measurement (see below)?

What's the cause for the little hump? I know it's all at a very low level anyway and likely inaudible, but just curious if you discussed it with him.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-mojo-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements

Wait a minute there, i thought it was immune to jitter on all inputs?

Nov 11, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #37,617 of 42,765
Wait a minute there, i thought it was immune to jitter on all inputs?

That bump (noise floor modulation?) in JA's measurements is at a very low level - as I mentioned (and even JA mentions at that link) it's likely not audible.

I'm just curious what could cause that low level bump and if Rob discussed it with JA, as to the cause.

That review and measurements I linked is from January 2016 by the way - nearly 3 years ago... so there's no new revelation here...

Just general curiosity on my part, nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #37,618 of 42,765
Hi @Rob Watts

The sample submitted to Stereophile was from the pre-production batch, a very small batch. We noticed that a small number within this batch had this bump in the noise floor; it's not noise floor modulation, but was due to a regulator going into low power PFM mode, which meant that the regulator was creating random noise within the audio bandwidth. We quickly fixed the issue, and no full production units had it. It's just our bad luck that one of the units sent to Stereophile had this issue.

Incidentally, the jitter performance of Mojo can't be measured using the AP that Stereophile has; the only test equipment that is capable of measuring Mojo's jitter performance is the APX 555. Using the 24 bit J test signal we get:

Mojo J test optical.jpg

Some artifacts are present at about -160 dB, but this is due to the 4e pulse array DAC, not source jitter, as Mojo uses exactly the same DPLL as Hugo 2 (which is completely free from jitter artifacts). Tests using 2 uS of source jitter revealed no output change at all, so Mojo is indeed source jitter immune.

Nov 15, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #37,620 of 42,765
I have read that astell & kerm are excellent transport for the mojo and that the sound of the mojo varies depending on the digital transport.
beyond the practicality of the M1 shanling you are sure that it makes good transport for the mojo? better than an astell & kerm?

Can someone answer this please? Looking for a good transport for the Mojo. Just needs to be a transport. Nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back