Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #37,621 of 42,765
Can someone answer this please? Looking for a good transport for the Mojo. Just needs to be a transport. Nothing more.
You can re-purpose your previous phone, if you still have them in decent condition.

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #37,624 of 42,765
thank you, I read about audible differences so I was looking for the best for the mojo.
It seems you're unhappy with your Hiby R3, modifying the digital out.
I would suggest using your old mobile with an app like UAPP, for bitperfect USB-out.
If you need a in-expensive small DAP, then look at Shanling M0 (no Hiby S/W) along with Shanling L2 cable.
If you're not bothered about DSD and streaming, I suggest any DAP that can do,
Optical out - Like older AK100, AK100 II etc.
Coax Out - Fiio X5ii, X5ii, X7 etc.

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #37,626 of 42,765
For people recently asking, what's best transport for Mojo. It might be worth considering that your transport might be better if it has 'pause for hardware sync'.

I don't know but phones and apps like UAPP I think do. Whereas I think DAPs generally might not.

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #37,627 of 42,765
i currently use lg v20 with mojo and hiby music as player, but hiby is bit-perfect?

I think you need to enable it in setting.
9. Added USB volume lock function to ensure bitperfect output more easily;

Make sure exclusive USB audio output is enabled to bypass Android System USB audio.
8. Added option to disable exclusive USB audio output and use Android system USB audio for convenience / interoperability;

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #37,629 of 42,765
thanks, yes, I have locked the usb volume, however the smartphone is uncomfortable with the mojo, I will take a shanling m2 or hiby r3
From R3 thread. They're saying USB-out is terrrible after FW1.14. Shanling M2s is also based on Hiby's Software.
Well i wanted it primarily as a transport with my Micro BL but after Fw 1.14 the usb out audio was pretty terrible. In as much as the volume of the signal was extremely low and made my crank up the volume of the BL way past i have ever tried. Still there was much to be desired. However on and before FW 1.14 the usb audio out was playing fine and i did enjoy it. Another reason for me to get rid of it was that i dont use Tidal much, thirdly i kinda had a love ~ hate relationship with the battery life. Lastly, i dont like how less communicative hiby team has become.

Get the Shanling M0, if you can live with the tiny screen.

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #37,631 of 42,765
I used Hidizs AP60 (~$80) as Mojo transport for 2.5 years before i purchased Poly.

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #37,633 of 42,765
Even though Hiby R3 got some firmware issues (will be fixed in later firmware), I like Hyby R3. It gives another option to play Bluetooth LDAC Premium mode for Bluetooth. I love that feature with Audeze Mobius for wireless play when I am out for shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back