Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 4, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #37,428 of 42,765
If I'm working with a Mojo that I picked up used and could likely be ~2 years old, would it be a good idea to open 'er up and check for battery bulge (naturally, the aim being to avoid any damage to components buy unchecked battery growth..)?

Yes you definitely should. Just get the right bit head and remove the 8 hex screws. Inside, the board is held onto the bottom plate by 2 regular Phillips screws.

TBH, I was really surprised my amp board wasn't damaged even though the battery was bloated badly and applying substantial pressure. Cannot imagine the harm it could have done if I waited any longer.

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #37,429 of 42,765
A
Yes you definitely should. Just get the right bit head and remove the 8 hex screws. Inside, the board is held onto the bottom plate by 2 regular Phillips screws.

TBH, I was really surprised my amp board wasn't damaged even though the battery was bloated badly and applying substantial pressure. Cannot imagine the harm it could have done if I waited any longer.

Appreciate it. I'll have to get to it then.

After all, it has to last until the Mojo sequel is released.. :wink:

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #37,432 of 42,765
Where did you get the battery and what is the price?

I bought the last piece they had from a local retail store for SGD$90, which translates to about US$65.

The prices people are paying out there for the battery and replacement service varies quite drastically. For my case I only gotten the battery pack and replaced it myself.

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #37,437 of 42,765
What direction works best? Right or Left braid?

I bought the left version so if I wanted to charge the Mojo at the same time, the iPhone cable wouldn’t block the micro USB port.

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #37,440 of 42,765
Hi Rob, is there any way to get spares for the balls (buttons) on the Mojo?
Curious why you need spares.
The Mojo balls are sperical, which has the advantage that if a lot of user wear and tear, means that the visible surface become worn, shiny, polished etc, it is possible to gently rotate the ball in the socket, so that the unworn surface is now visible. Saves the hassle/cost of returning a Mojo for repair.
There have been one or two posts about balls cracking, and in those cases I think chord was able to arrange a solution.
If you still want spare balls, then contact chord support, and normally Mitch can advise about a way forward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back