Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 4, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #36,616 of 42,765
Does anyone know the latest PCB version (issue number) of mojo?
When I google mojo inside pictures, I can confirm that there are issue 1 and issue 2 but could not find any further updated versions.
Is issue 2 the latest PCB? Does anyone know?

Jun 4, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #36,617 of 42,765
Does anyone know the latest PCB version (issue number) of mojo?
When I google mojo inside pictures, I can confirm that there are issue 1 and issue 2 but could not find any further updated versions.
Is issue 2 the latest PCB? Does anyone know?
The early Mojos had the USB sockets on one side of the PCB, but then they were relocated to the other side of the PCB.
I don't remember any other changes being mentioned.
I am curious as to why you are so fascinated by the PCB version numbers.

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #36,618 of 42,765
...and with the Shanling, Cayin and HiBy DAPs you can use the HiBy App to control your DAP.
But that also has some small issues with regards to bluetooth connection, and the HiBy OS is not as good as iTunes in terms of sorting and shuffling possibilities.
Compared to the iPhone the big advantage from my point of view is the microSD support
A minor update in that on the Shanling M1 thread, they have revealed that they will be changing from the Hiby OS to a Shanling OS. The driver seems to be that Hiby refuse to include features that the Shanling customer base are requesting, so Shanling developing their own OS in-house, gives them more control over the features that they offer.

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #36,619 of 42,765
hello everyone

i want to use mojo as dac with fiio x5iii using coax

my main question is that i want to use use usb audio player pro to access tidal and listen to high res files through mojo, what setting shall I use in all this setup to get best playback

as what i am getting now is that tidal app sounds better than accessing tidal via usb audio pro, so i am guessing if my settings are not optimal

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #36,620 of 42,765
is there a company you know of that makes ultra short micro usb to micro usb cable angled with a
small ferrite, cable length desired to be ultra short that can accommodate a ferrite shield

8590409_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #36,621 of 42,765
The early Mojos had the USB sockets on one side of the PCB, but then they were relocated to the other side of the PCB.
I don't remember any other changes being mentioned.
I am curious as to why you are so fascinated by the PCB version numbers.

As I'm considering to buy a latest mojo... when I once had an issue 2 mojo in the past.
I just wanted to know if there is any upgrade from the version I had before

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #36,626 of 42,765
I have the 846 and the Hd800s, and I find the 846 to be really amazing, they are so much fun, couldn’t be happier with them with mojo. The Hd800s has better sound stage etc, but I end up listening to the 846 more, for different reasons, bit more practical with my current circumstances.

Can the mojo power a 300Ω (HD800S) set of head phones anywhere above a weak whisper?

Jun 5, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #36,630 of 42,765
No I don't, but gave the mojo serious consideration when looking for a dac/amp to slot between the AK70 Mkii & HD660S I'd already purchased. As you can guess by my post count, I'm rather new to this game so am prone to ask seemingly daft questions. My adventure started with just wanting a good portable device to store all my cd's on at lossless quality. Sadly the AK70 quickly showed my cheap iem's to be wanting, so I upgraded to Sennheiser 'momemtum' iem's which were a lot better, but once you've heard better you get an itch and It wasn't long before I upspent again, this time to a pair of Sennheiser IE80S iem's, which I really enjoy, but am now playing around with it's cable.

As I was really enjoying the musicality (imo) of the AK one evening after one too many glasses of wine I figured that a pair of OE headphones would make a good addition for home use, I'd always been told that open back were the best and ended up buying a pair of HD660S, literally on a whim with no auditioning beforehand (wine + internet shopping :frowning2: ). Anyway, when plugged into the AK they barely woke and really struggled volume wise with some classical albums in my collection, so like a fool I opted to add a portable amp (FiiO A5) which whist improving drive somewhat also added a level of distortion (double amping?) which I wasn't comfortable with, so after a lot of reading (this forum) my search for a suitable dac/amp began.

One difficult to absorb thread (This one , post #12) had the post quoted below, which led me to skip the mojo despite it's many positives and aim for a more powerful yet still portable option. The mojo having an output impedance of just 75mOhms shouldn't be enough to drive higher impedance headphones

1/8 rule they usually go by. so say nominal impedance of a headphone is 600ohms nominal, so the ideal output impedance should be 75ohms or less. like for example, speaker amps always went by atleast the 1/8 rule. that's why well built amps had no resistance at the speaker outs(0hm output impedance) which makes them perfect voltage sources for reactive loads like speakers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back