Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #3,631 of 42,765
Nov 3, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #3,632 of 42,765
Here is the google document for you guys to [COLOR=0000CD]add your phone interference data so we can compile meaningful information[/COLOR], so people who are perhaps looking to upgrade to a new phone can do so with the mojo in mind:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TRB_W0mEkSaMRqTPz8eBpjxWXKHsB_hwZaC-OtBSoKM/edit?usp=sharing

It is editable by anyone, you don't even need to login.

I am impressed but no one buys phones according to Mojo requirements, that's giving them too much power over phone purchases, I am sure Apple would not be too impressed with such a list. I would add the different DAP one can use and their digital connections available so prospective buyers can make a choice on the DAP to strap onto the Mojo. Also, as pointed out, the cabling needed for a proper connection between the two devices.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #3,634 of 42,765
I am impressed but no one buys phones according to Mojo requirements, that's giving them too much power over phone purchases, I am sure Apple would not be too impressed with such a list. I would add the different DAP one can use and their digital connections available so prospective buyers can make a choice on the DAP to strap onto the Mojo. Also, as pointed out, the cabling needed for a proper connection between the two devices.

I plan to buy my next phone based on how it works with the mojo since most of the use of my phone is for listening to music at work(for me it'll either be the Samsung s7, xperia z5c or HTC ONE M10).  Consider as well that the MOJO will be endgame for me, I have no interest in purchasing any audiophile gear beyond it-I already have TOTL CIEMs, I have no interest in headphones or desktop rigs.  Also this spreadsheet isn't made for everyone in the world, it's for audiophiles and I do believe audiophiles would have an interest in which phone has the least amount of interference with the mojo. 

Cables are already accounted for in the spreadsheet. 

Only DAP's that utilize cellular data are relevant to the spreadsheet as it's about interference only.

Don't care what apple thinks about anything.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #3,635 of 42,765

I wouldn't expect people to buy a phone based on Mojo's requirements, but it could still be useful if someone has a Mojo and interference with their phone to have a resource they can look at to see if other people have the issue.  Better than doing a roll call in the thread.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #3,637 of 42,765

I don't think Apple would have the slightest interest in it, lol. However, if it ever dented the sales of Iphones appreciably perhaps they'd do something tangible to improve screening, can only be a good thing in my book :)

And... I personally would certainly consider my next phone purchase with a view to compatibility. They're all similar in my book anyhow these days, nondescript black slabs that they are.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #3,638 of 42,765
I don't think Apple would have the slightest interest in it, lol. However, if it ever dented the sales of Iphones appreciably perhaps they'd do something tangible to improve screening, can only be a good thing in my book :)

And... I personally would certainly consider my next phone purchase with a view to compatibility. They're all similar in my book anyhow these days, nondescript black slabs that they are.

Certainly a good decision if UI is not an issue with you and you're not used to or attached to your old/new phone. Kind a wondering why there are so many millions of iPhones around? But I got your point.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #3,639 of 42,765
Certainly a good decision if UI is not an issue with you and you're not used to or attached to your old/new phone. Kind a wondering why there are so many millions of iPhones around? But I got your point.

Well, they are phones first and foremost. More like little computers really. The majority who use them to listen to music, are not like us psychos looking to squeeze every single micro of better sound out of them. I personally keep things separate, by TV is my TV, my computer monitor is my computer monitor, my phone is my phone and my DX90 plays my music.

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #3,640 of 42,765
Well, they are phones first and foremost. More like little computers really. The majority who use them to listen to music, are not like us psychos looking to squeeze every single micro of better sound out of them. I personally keep things separate, by TV is my TV, my computer monitor is my computer monitor, my phone is my phone and my DX90 plays my music.

Thought I was alone thinking along those lines :wink:

Same here!

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #3,641 of 42,765
Here is the google document for you guys to [COLOR=0000CD]add your phone interference data so we can compile meaningful information[/COLOR], so people who are perhaps looking to upgrade to a new phone can do so with the mojo in mind:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TRB_W0mEkSaMRqTPz8eBpjxWXKHsB_hwZaC-OtBSoKM/edit?usp=sharing

It is editable by anyone, you don't even need to login.

You didn't account for the cell carrier and reception (signal strength).

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #3,642 of 42,765
It's nice to see Chord sprucing the economy by selling cross-related products indirectly similar to hot dogs stands selling mustard or ketchup on the side. So when buying a Mojo, owner automatically goes out and buys iRiver AK 100, 120 and 240. That's what I call an economy multiplier. Kudos Chord what a team, sure you should ask iRever part of their earnings. :D

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #3,643 of 42,765
My phone is my business lifeline, and I need to have it fully accessible 24/7. Anything that gets in the way of using it or drains its battery is a no, no. For travel I have my Pelican 1040 case with my portable stack and my K10's. Portable stack used to be a Fiio X3 and ALO Rx, and is currently the AK100 and Mojo. 

Just took it on my first major business trip and the Mojo/AK100 stack worked perfectly. The Mojo stack is a little heavier, but is also more compact. Here's the measurements:

Fiio X3/ALO Rx (with SXC22 jumper) = 5" H x 2 1/4" W x 1 3/8" D, 9 1/8 ounces.

AK100/Mojo (with Sys Concepts 2.2mm) = 3.5" H x 2 3/8" W x 1 1/2" D, 11 1/8 ounces

Both stacks fit in the 1040 case with room for my K10 customs. 

Good stuff on the road, with no worrying about my phone! 

Cheers 

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #3,645 of 42,765
A smartphone's best feature is as a phone and as a portable internet device. Dedicated portable gaming device is essentially dead because smartphones nowadays can do that function well. The modern smartphone has consolidated a lot of functions that used to be provided by dedicated devices. Enjoying music is different from other forms of personal/portable entertainment because you don't want even the slightest annoyance/interruptions or it ruins the experience.

This is something a smartphones can't do. Give the same experience and functions as a phone at the same time. This is why imo the dedicated DAP market is thriving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back