Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #3,646 of 42,765
Honestly I'd rather use a phone, it's simpler and the new phones can even output DSD(S7, Z5, etc).  Plus I don't want to spend the extra coin for a dap when I don't need one.  It'd be much more convienent for me to carry my phone(which I always carry + it's charger) then simply add the mojo and it's charger than to carry a phone + charger, mojo + charger, dap + charger + probably need a battery pack now that I'm running so many devices + charger for that.
listening all day on my phone (with or without the mojo) is not an option as the battery will only aslast a few hours (unless I switch the phone elements off) a DAP is less bulky than a phone charger or my external battery pack so that works for me in terms of saving spac and weight when I'm commuting.

Back to your question in interference, the s6 edge definitely does cause some, the headphones don't change that either. Is the S7 announced and released already?

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #3,648 of 42,765
  I did search the thread a bit but, did anyone find a good solution for coaxial hookup between the DX90 and the Mojo? if so could you provide a link.

Thanks in Advance.

See post# 3603

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #3,649 of 42,765
You're supposed to charge it 10 hours the first time. It's now 5 hours and the white light has gone off. Must ... Be ... Patient?

You have to charge that long if there is no charge on the battery. Chord has already stated that they ship with a decent charge so you don't have to charge for 10 hours, just until the light goes out. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #3,650 of 42,765
Apologies to those whom ordered from the last batch and experienced an unexpected delay in receiving their MoJo. We have put procedures into place so that this doesn't happen again. I will reiterate that we are not in business to annoy people or keep peoples money! I personally don't come on Head-Fi and feel happy about reading negative feedback, so will do everything in my power to ensure that we improve on our customer service going forward.

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #3,652 of 42,765

while I wait for a 3.5mm mono adapter to use the ibasso supplied cable, I tried a regular 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and it works!

That's no problem, I'm using a regular FiiO L17 cable:

But I will get a mono to mono cable too, with better shielding soon, I don't think I need it, but it can't be wrong too.

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #3,654 of 42,765
I did search the thread a bit but, did anyone find a good solution for coaxial hookup between the DX90 and the Mojo? if so could you provide a link.

Thanks in Advance.

I'll post my last cable I made for a portable coax, let me know by PM if this is something you'd like to have and I'll let It go for you for a small fee. I noticed you're in the US so it should take roughly few shipping days to reach you. Is the Mojo 3.5 mm jack? And your DX90, does it use the same connector that is mono to mono? If so that's what I have else I can replace it with a RCA connector, just let me know. :wink:

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #3,656 of 42,765

Let me know if you find one to purchase :)

No I have a German cable maker, which makes me all kind of special cables on request, I have a big amount of all kind of cables for headphones, interconnects etc. most of them really unique and now I'm only waiting for shipping.

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #3,659 of 42,765
The best quality of audio cables?!

They have the best of breed engineering reputation but I am not sure it's necessarily for cables, Japanese cables though that's a different story. Unless they use a reputable cable makers like Mogami, Canare or Belden then it's just a boosted out of the blue sensionalistic cable provider. My criteria is no nonse cable with the best cable making techniques and their merits are based on cable specs like capacitance per feet, insulation content and inner braiding, etc.. If they don't have cable specs I don't touch it with a 10 foot pole. As far as connector company like Rean and Neutrik seems to have some decent connectors at an affordable price. I sometimes use Switchcraft for industrial build however, it always makes the cable too heavy.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #3,660 of 42,765
Good news for the 2nd batch Mojo from Moon Audio.
I just talked on the phone with Drew and he said he is on the way home from NY to pick up some Mojos. When he got home he will go over with the 2nd batch list then send out the shipping notifications today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back