Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 22, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #35,446 of 42,765
Fair enough, but you do realize that if you go back in the history of this thread it has wandered off many times in the past, and it will so again. Cheers.

Perhaps.

Also, I am no angel, myself. I know that.

To re-iterate: my remarks weren't intended negatively - I was only making a peaceful and not unreasonable request, as the off-topic may have continued quite a bit further.

No heavyhandedness intended, and no offence intended. I hope that was obvious from the polite & relaxed tone of my opening request.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #35,447 of 42,765
What are the best Universal IEM pairings with Mojo in the 1k USD region? I was thinking about Oriolus or Andromeda - two different signatures (bassy-warm-thick VS balanced-airy) - but Andromeda does not pair well with Mojo. I own IFi iEMatch, but I would prefer pairing, that does not require me to use it. Do you know of any other excelent pairings aside of Oriolus V2/Reborn, and could you write word or two about its sound character? Thank you.

You might also care to consider one of EE's new lineup

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #35,448 of 42,765
You might also care to consider one of EE's new lineup
I know about it, but which one of it? Remember, it should be the best available option for 1k. It does not need to be EE, if better price/value ratio is found elsewhere. I would like someone to name few real gems that pair very well with Mojo around 1k

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #35,449 of 42,765
I know about it, but which one of it? Remember, it should be the best available option for 1k. It does not need to be EE, if better price/value ratio is found elsewhere. I would like someone to name few real gems that pair very well with Mojo around 1k

IE800S performs on the same level of $2K flagship customs for “only” $1K

I’m using the IE800S Mojo combination right now.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #35,450 of 42,765
Perhaps.

Also, I am no angel, myself. I know that.

To re-iterate: my remarks weren't intended negatively - I was only making a peaceful and not unreasonable request, as the off-topic may have continued quite a bit further.

No heavyhandedness intended, and no offence intended. I hope that was obvious from the polite & relaxed tone of my opening request.
Bummer, as you can see I deleted my post, but obviously you were replying while I was editing! I realized that your suggestion was reasonable and even if OT chats were common (like this one!!) they are still best via PM. No harm no foul mate, cheers.

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #35,451 of 42,765
What are the best Universal IEM pairings with Mojo in the 1k USD region? Please advice. I was thinking about Oriolus or Andromeda - two different signatures (bassy-warm-thick VS balanced-airy) - but Andromeda does not pair well with Mojo. I own IFi iEMatch, but I would prefer pairing, that does not require me to use it. Do you know of any other excelent pairings aside of Oriolus V2/Reborn, and could you write word or two about its sound character and why would you personally choose it over the other options out there? It will be my first IEM with such a price. I am also interested in CIEM recommendations with the same sound characteristics and same (1k) price tag.

I own one V sounding earphone (Echobox Finder X1), and I would like my next IEM to sound more balanced (not too V sound = not too recessed midrange). I also own modded HE-400i and I like its warm tone. It lacks the coherency and musical consistency of Hifiman Edition X V2's sound because it (HE-400i) tends to sound too analytical in direct comparison with Edition X V2 to me. I liked this effortless and consistent musical presentation of Edition X V2 very much. I do not mind listening to a warmer sound signature but too much of warmness in midrange is not a requirement. There should be some, I just do not know how much of it. It must not sound cold, dry or analytical (it should take my attention to the song itself, not to the separated instruments). I am probably looking for coherent musical presentation with certain body and very good tuning that makes sense to the ears of the listener. I like to listen mostly to acoustic music (Bela Fleck), hard rock (Queen, Stevie Wonder, Mike Oldfield), classical music (Beethoven piano sonatas and lots of various symphonies) and occasionaly pop, Metallica and even dance music. What IEM would you advice me to choose for Mojo? Thank you.
Acoustune 1551

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #35,452 of 42,765
SE 846, AKT8IE, for a start.
Etymotic iems have fans, but not everyone likes the deep penetrative of the earbuds. Also some users hear background hiss with very sensitive iems like the SE846, but most users seem ok.
So it is difficult for owners to give a definitive one best iem, because criteria like music type, comfort, hiss, fully sealed or open, can influence the choice. Even so you should get an interesting short-list of iems to demo, and make your final choice.

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #35,453 of 42,765
What are the best Universal IEM pairings with Mojo in the 1k USD region? Please advice. I was thinking about Oriolus or Andromeda - two different signatures (bassy-warm-thick VS balanced-airy) - but Andromeda does not pair well with Mojo. I own IFi iEMatch, but I would prefer pairing, that does not require me to use it. Do you know of any other excelent pairings aside of Oriolus V2/Reborn, and could you write word or two about its sound character and why would you personally choose it over the other options out there? It will be my first IEM with such a price. I am also interested in CIEM recommendations with the same sound characteristics and same (1k) price tag.

I own one V sounding earphone (Echobox Finder X1), and I would like my next IEM to sound more balanced (not too V sound = not too recessed midrange). I also own modded HE-400i and I like its warm tone. It lacks the coherency and musical consistency of Hifiman Edition X V2's sound because it (HE-400i) tends to sound too analytical in direct comparison with Edition X V2 to me. I liked this effortless and consistent musical presentation of Edition X V2 very much. I do not mind listening to a warmer sound signature but too much of warmness in midrange is not a requirement. There should be some, I just do not know how much of it. It must not sound cold, dry or analytical (it should take my attention to the song itself, not to the separated instruments). I am probably looking for coherent musical presentation with certain body and very good tuning that makes sense to the ears of the listener. I like to listen mostly to acoustic music (Bela Fleck), hard rock (Queen, Stevie Wonder, Mike Oldfield), classical music (Beethoven piano sonatas and lots of various symphonies) and occasionaly pop, Metallica and even dance music. What IEM would you advice me to choose for Mojo? Thank you.

Definitely give Noble Audio Dulce Bass a shot. Lush mids and a nice, full bodied sound signature.

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #35,455 of 42,765
@MoonAudio now has USB-C Dragon Cables. Ordered one to use with my MacBook Pro and Mojo. Audioquest seems to be behind the curve on this one.

@MoonAudio never fails to amaze me ordered late on the 21st and on my desk on the 23rd in Toronto.

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #35,456 of 42,765
I choosed these. Can you please share you impressions with them (possibly with Mojo)? How would you compare them to the other IEMs you own? Thank you.
plenty of impressions here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/acoustune-hs1501-al-hs1551-cu.853285/

impactful bass, warm mids and nice trebles without getting sibilant. not exactly neutral, veering to the warm side but sounding very musical and full bodied.

though i only listened to them for a few hours, chose it's bassier brother 1501 in the end.

Feb 24, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #35,457 of 42,765
Hi all,

I am waiting for my Chord Poly to arrive and I have been messing with a CCK. Intermittent clipping etc with the latest iOS abound, 2 CcKs later.

I have perused this thread and it seems that this just isn’t going to work. I’d like someone to verify for me that this is the current state of affairs with Mojo and iPhoneX

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #35,459 of 42,765
Does anyone use shanling m1 as transport for mojo ? I was wondering how good they pair up? I ask as in my experience of different transports phones daps etc there are some that sound better than others.

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #35,460 of 42,765
Does anyone use shanling m1 as transport for mojo ? I was wondering how good they pair up? I ask as in my experience of different transports phones daps etc there are some that sound better than others.

Yes I do, it sounds great to me with any DAC I've used it with, Mojo, Hugo2, Oppo HA-2se, Ifi Nano BL, etc, etc. It just works and works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back