Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #34,369 of 42,765
because analog signals are very sensitive and get degraded very easily?

The answer is rather in impedance matching, shielding, and so on and so forth. Why don't op get a cable with the terminations he needs? The cables dont't have to be all that expensive, he can get them for reasonable prices (dodgy adapters may be expensive in their own) and it will look two thousand moneys better.

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #34,371 of 42,765
Using Mojo with the latest MacBook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.1, I have noticed since today that whenever I press volume button on Mojo, doesn't matter + or -, the audio stops. I've tried Tidal, Audirvana 3+, Swinsian and iTunes, always the same story. I am aware that it is not a problem with a Mojo since I never had it before, but would be grateful if anyone using MB Pro could share their experiences.

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #34,372 of 42,765
Happy to report that a newly purchased Mojo with a newly purchased CCK cable, iPhone 8+, iOS 11.0.3 is working fine. Using Campfire Audio Vega headphones. Sounds a little better than the regular lightning adapter. Just a little more clarity and the bass is tighter with less booming.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #34,373 of 42,765
Some advice:

Although I'm really happy with the way Mojo sounds, Android USB output is definitely not the best of sources, even running in bitperfect mode, bypassing native upsampling.

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried Viper4Android, and if that makes a big difference with respect to phones as sources? This also includes a crossfeed feature, right?

Alternatively, what's the cheapest source with native SPDIF output and Android capabilities (spotify, google music streaming)? Cheapest I can find is FiiO X5iii...

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #34,374 of 42,765
Happy to report that a newly purchased Mojo with a newly purchased CCK cable, iPhone 8+, iOS 11.0.3 is working fine. Using Campfire Audio Vega headphones. Sounds a little better than the regular lightning adapter. Just a little more clarity and the bass is tighter with less booming.

Use only mojo for 2 weeks then go back to your lightning adapter.

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #34,375 of 42,765
Yes - I like to try both methods for audio comparison. The quick A/B testing and then the method you describe above. Loving the DSD capabilities of the Mojo with the Onkyo HF Player.

Nov 16, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #34,376 of 42,765
I just picked up the Mojo after 2 years of ignoring head-fi (my wallet was very thankful), but alas the upgrade bug got me itchin'

This little thing is AMAZING, it blows my RSA amps and Pico DAC combination out of the water. The instrument separation, placement and soundstage is night and day. Others have said it as well, but this darn thing is so coherent; it's natural and effortless. I'm having a tough time really nit-picking the minutia since it sounds so damn good.

I don't post much on here anymore, but I had to say something after buying into the Chord hype: it's real.

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #34,377 of 42,765
How auto-shut on is enabled?
You shouldn't have to do anything - if your Mojo is newer it'll auto shut-off

Using Mojo with the latest MacBook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.1, I have noticed since today that whenever I press volume button on Mojo, doesn't matter + or -, the audio stops.

I also use an MBP (10.12.6) and don't have that problem on either USB or S/PDIF TOSLINK, works great. Three things I can think are:

(a.) Pressing the buttons might be jiggling the port on the Mojo (bad port or bad cable) which stops the bitstream, or

(b.) You're potentially in line out mode, but a power cycle should clear that ... or

(c.) You have some settings wrong on your MBP in audio midi setup

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #34,378 of 42,765
You shouldn't have to do anything - if your Mojo is newer it'll auto shut-off
I also use an MBP (10.12.6) and don't have that problem on either USB or S/PDIF TOSLINK, works great. Three things I can think are:

(a.) Pressing the buttons might be jiggling the port on the Mojo (bad port or bad cable) which stops the bitstream, or

(b.) You're potentially in line out mode, but a power cycle should clear that ... or

(c.) You have some settings wrong on your MBP in audio midi setup
Thanks a lot. :beerchug:
(b) is out of question - I was using it with HPs on modest listening levels,
(c) also not because it doesn't happen with any other dac,
(a) sounds most likely. I will check with some other cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back