Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 17, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #34,384 of 42,765
My friends, what is Mojo`s battery capacity in mAh, please? Poly`s is 2100mAh and I am trying to find out how big an external battery would I need to have on the go. THX

This may help:

Mojo's battery is actually about 14Wh - Watt hours - is a better measure of battery capacity, as Mojo has two cells with a max total voltage of 8.4v. Your 5000mAh external battery is maybe only 18.5 Wh (assuming it is a single cell), and when you figure in inefficiencies in power delivery, you will need more than 18.5 Wh from a portable battery to fully recharge Mojo. 10000mAh single cell should be fine.

As other posters have said, 1A is min, 2A is fine but Mojo will not charge any faster. I have controlled the charge time for thermal reasons.

Rob

Nov 17, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #34,386 of 42,765
Thank you. I have an Asus Zenpower 10050 rated mah, 5V 2.4 Ah and I managed to charge them both full while playing (with a couple of hours turned off)
I`m not familiar with W hour..
If you want to see Poly open I have just posted mine in Poly thread..

Yup, already saw the pics you posted.

I’m not sure how the Watt hour relates to mAh either, but Rob did say a 10000mAh cell should be fine so the Zenpower seems like it would be fine. Hope it helps. :)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #34,387 of 42,765

I’m not sure how the Watt hour relates to mAh either, but Rob did say a 10000mAh cell should be fine so the Zenpower seems like it would be fine. Hope it helps. :)
Yes it helps, thank you! I have a starting point now. And I`ll find out about the Watt hour vs mah. I`m sure though, it`s one of the ...not so transparent problems, I think I tried before :)))

Nov 18, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #34,388 of 42,765
Is there another thread that covers impressions with various headphones and IEM’s? Read through several hundred posts on RFI and using the Mojo as a DAC (at least it felt like it, particularly interested in the Focal Line, Utopia, Elair, and now Clear Phones.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #34,389 of 42,765
Is there another thread that covers impressions with various headphones and IEM’s? Read through several hundred posts on RFI and using the Mojo as a DAC (at least it felt like it, particularly interested in the Focal Line, Utopia, Elair, and now Clear Phones.

I find the Utopia pairs well with the Mojo’s mid centric and smooth signature. Still dynamic and punchy and not overly bright. Drive ability is fine and I rarely go above the red volume for my listening levels. Haven’t heard the Elear or the Clear. That said, the Utopia will reveal better sources as you move up.

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #34,392 of 42,765
Mojo out of warranty period, won’t power up.

It is out with George Meyer AV....

Bummer.

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #34,395 of 42,765

Watt hours is a measurement of energy storage capacity. You can estimate the W-h by dividing the mAh figure by 1000 times the output voltage (5V for USB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back