Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 2, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #33,976 of 42,765
Just for anyone looking to buy cables, I purchased some coax cables for my Mojo from flashbacksales in UK. There didn't seem to be a great deal of options for BNC > 3.5mm (from Naim ND5xs to mojo) & also from Fiio X3ii to mojo but flashback were most helpful in getting me sorted...

Hope this helps - cheers!

Dave from Flashbacksales is a great lad to deal with. Can't recommend them enough for the great service and prices. He will build you any analog cable you may imagine!

Oct 2, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #33,978 of 42,765
Oct 2, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #33,979 of 42,765
Nothing recognises my mojo, with different cables.... Smartphone or pc.... It just died..... Buttons light up.... But no sound, doesn't get recognized.. I have no other player/dac

Could be broken female micro usb connector? These always struck me as fragile...

Easy thing to return to chord and analyze, I imagine, and would be fairly cheap to fix too...

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #33,981 of 42,765
All you do to turn the line out off is power cycle it. When you power it off and start it up again it resets the line out function. To put it in line out you need the device off and then hold down the two volume buttons while you also push the power button to power it on. If you've had the device off and then on again (power cycled it) that's not the issue. Plus the line out isn't anything but a set volume level anyway so I guess I didn't need to say any of that.

Oct 2, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #33,982 of 42,765
I am using my mojo primarily with my iPhone 7 plus, the new 11.1 update is out. Anyone done this and can say whether mojo will still work? I just use a cck to connect. I'm always scared to update my phone when they come out. I need mojo to work with it. I'm thinking since I use the apple camera connection kit it will work with any update? If anyone knows I'd love some help.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #33,984 of 42,765
I am using my mojo primarily with my iPhone 7 plus, the new 11.1 update is out. Anyone done this and can say whether mojo will still work? I just use a cck to connect. I'm always scared to update my phone when they come out. I need mojo to work with it. I'm thinking since I use the apple camera connection kit it will work with any update? If anyone knows I'd love some help.

I think you mean 11.0.1. I have an iPhone 7 running 11.0.1. It works but I still get dropouts with my Mojo and Dragonfly Red. The dropouts are far less numerous on 11.0.1 than on 10.3.3. I have two Apple CCK connectors and two USB cables so I know it’s not a connection issue. I’ve noticed the higher the sample rate the more numerous the dropouts occur.

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #33,985 of 42,765
Im almost pulling the trigger on a Hidizs Ap60 for use as transport for the Mojo. The two main criteria are small footprint and DSD capable (no PCM conversions). Any other recommendations?

Oct 3, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #33,986 of 42,765
Im almost pulling the trigger on a Hidizs Ap60 for use as transport for the Mojo. The two main criteria are small footprint and DSD capable (no PCM conversions). Any other recommendations?
Onkyo dps1 or 30r, but remember not to update the latest framework as it removed usb out functionality, it this function will be bring back in next release

Oct 3, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #33,987 of 42,765
Onkyo dps1 or 30r, but remember not to update the latest framework as it removed usb out functionality, it this function will be bring back in next release

I had a look at them, but they do look a bit WAF with that small screen. Wouldn't mind buying something slightly bigger instead (Hidizs AP 200, Fiio X5 mkiii or even Cayin N3). Decisions decisions decisions

Oct 3, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #33,988 of 42,765
I think you mean 11.0.1. I have an iPhone 7 running 11.0.1. It works but I still get dropouts with my Mojo and Dragonfly Red. The dropouts are far less numerous on 11.0.1 than on 10.3.3. I have two Apple CCK connectors and two USB cables so I know it’s not a connection issue. I’ve noticed the higher the sample rate the more numerous the dropouts occur.
Thanks for the reply, that is encouraging, I know eventually I will have to update but I'm glad to know it works. I'm a pretty basic guy, I just use tidal for the most part so I don't really get the drop outs you would from the super hi res and dsd stuff.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #33,989 of 42,765
Yes it is. :smirk:

It's not nearly as nasty as the HD 700 and HD 800, but it was bad enough that it annoyed me quite often.

Use a neutral solid state amp (such as the Mojo) and play this frequency sweep. The HD 600 has obvious upper frequency peaks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyi1gug2s2jumzq/sweep.mp4?dl=0
You know how nasty 800 is. Why is 650 opposite? They need to put out HD825(avg of 0 and 50, LOL) and I'd be for it totally! I want transient response of 800 with a bit of body, stage and avg'd treble response. I would bet it come off aggressive out of the Mojo. 800 needs something like Questyle CMA600i to reduce upper mids a bit to rid of the shrill.

This I can see why people would add some color to the chain with an amp.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #33,990 of 42,765
You know how nasty 800 is. Why is 650 opposite? They need to put out HD825(avg of 0 and 50, LOL) and I'd be for it totally! I want transient response of 800 with a bit of body, stage and avg'd treble response. I would bet it come off aggressive out of the Mojo. 800 needs something like Questyle CMA600i to reduce upper mids a bit to rid of the shrill.

This I can see why people would add some color to the chain with an amp.

I had no major problems with the HD 650 since it's on the slightly warm and dark side, but still close enough to neutral. (The HD 600 is very similar, but more lean and bright with lower resolution.)

You may or may not have read my posts about the HD 800. I equalized it extensively (via Sonarworks, others' settings, and my own experiments) and realized that much of its sound signature cannot be altered by EQ. I didn't get into physical modifications, but I thought it was interesting that there were only very minor differences between driving it from the Mojo and driving it from solid state amps that cost thousands. I was never impressed by its transient response since I'm used to electrostats. (Which can be too fast for some.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back