Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 24, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #31,352 of 42,765
I know from previous posts there are many in this forum that seek out binaural sound recordings.
Probably only available to those in the UK, but BBC Radio 3 are starting to post recordings made by the BBC R&D team.
I haven't tried yet as work would block the stream, but I'm looking forward to listening later via iPlayer and my laptop through Mojo
gs1000.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04w6g3s

Kaffe Matthews: in locking (in binaural sound)

Listen on headphones to Kaffe Matthew's 4-channel composition, recorded live at St John-at-Hackney, London, for International Women's Day 2017, and mixed in binaural sound.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04x5jk3
Elgar: The Dream of Gerontius (in binaural sound)

Listen on headphones to Sir Mark Elder conducting the Hallé orchestra, Hallé Choir and Hallé Youth Choir in a binaural sound mix of Elgar's oratorio, The Dream of Gerontius, recorded live at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, on 12th March 2017. With soloists Sasha Cooke (mezzo-soprano), David Butt Philip (tenor) and Iain Paterson (bass-baritone).
Binaural sound offers headphone listeners an immersive audio experience, with sounds appearing to come from all around you. This clip is part of a trial by the BBC’s Research & Development department, which is researching technology that emulates human hearing in order to produce spatial recordings. So listening to the binaural version, you might perceive the music coming from outside your head, with the chorus appearing elevated above the orchestra, and the acoustic of the Bridgewater Hall surrounding you. Ensure your headphones are the correct way round - with the left channel on your left ear and the right channel on your right ear.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #31,353 of 42,765
  I know from previous posts there are many in this forum that seek out binaural sound recordings.
Probably only available to those in the UK, but BBC Radio 3 are starting to post recordings made by the BBC R&D team.
I haven't tried yet as work would block the stream, but I'm looking forward to listening later via iPlayer and my laptop through Mojo
gs1000.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04w6g3s

Kaffe Matthews: in locking (in binaural sound)

Listen on headphones to Kaffe Matthew's 4-channel composition, recorded live at St John-at-Hackney, London, for International Women's Day 2017, and mixed in binaural sound.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04x5jk3
Elgar: The Dream of Gerontius (in binaural sound)

Listen on headphones to Sir Mark Elder conducting the Hallé orchestra, Hallé Choir and Hallé Youth Choir in a binaural sound mix of Elgar's oratorio, The Dream of Gerontius, recorded live at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, on 12th March 2017. With soloists Sasha Cooke (mezzo-soprano), David Butt Philip (tenor) and Iain Paterson (bass-baritone).
Binaural sound offers headphone listeners an immersive audio experience, with sounds appearing to come from all around you. This clip is part of a trial by the BBC’s Research & Development department, which is researching technology that emulates human hearing in order to produce spatial recordings. So listening to the binaural version, you might perceive the music coming from outside your head, with the chorus appearing elevated above the orchestra, and the acoustic of the Bridgewater Hall surrounding you. Ensure your headphones are the correct way round - with the left channel on your left ear and the right channel on your right ear.

I played around with binaural sound but I always get bored with it because it's always classical stuff, nothing you can bang your head to.  I think the real leap is the Smyth Realiser thingy, can't wait to hear that.  Hope they develop some sort of conversion for files that aren't in that format because I am not re downloading my entire library.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #31,354 of 42,765
I'm having a serious problem with my unit: the battery hardly charges anymore. I can leave it on the charger for 12 or 24 hours, it doesn't matter. The white light turns on every time, and it will eventually start blinking as if it's charged, but when i turn it on, I'm already in yellow, and it will play for MAYBE an hour before hitting blinking red and shutting off! Leaving it on the charger while it plays helps a very little (I can go an hour and 15 mins). I haven't seen a blue or even a green amount of charge since this began! I've tried all the obvious things: letting it charge "fully", unplugging and plugging it back in, I've used different chargers and different cords.

This happened very suddenly, like overnight, and it's made the Mojo just plain unenjoyable. What's the point in listening anymore?

I really hope someone has an idea of how to fix this. It's supposedly under warranty, but the last time I contacted Chord for a different issue they were no help AT ALL (and that issue STILL hasn't been addressed), so I'm dreading having to fight with them again. Any ideas? Anybody?

If Chord ultimately doesn't honor the warranty, what do I do then? It's sad this is even a concern, I thought Chord would be better than this.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #31,355 of 42,765
I'm having a serious problem with my unit: the battery hardly charges anymore. I can leave it on the charger for 12 or 24 hours, it doesn't matter. The white light turns on every time, and it will eventually start blinking as if it's charged, but when i turn it on, I'm already in yellow, and it will play for MAYBE an hour before hitting blinking red and shutting off! Leaving it on the charger while it plays helps a very little (I can go an hour and 15 mins). I haven't seen a blue or even a green amount of charge since this began! I've tried all the obvious things: letting it charge "fully", unplugging and plugging it back in, I've used different chargers and different cords.

This happened very suddenly, like overnight, and it's made the Mojo just plain unenjoyable. What's the point in listening anymore?

I really hope someone has an idea of how to fix this. It's supposedly under warranty, but the last time I contacted Chord for a different issue they were no help AT ALL (and that issue STILL hasn't been addressed), so I'm dreading having to fight with them again. Any ideas? Anybody?

If Chord ultimately doesn't honor the warranty, what do I do then? It's sad this is even a concern, I thought Chord would be better than this.

You say it starts blinking as if charged? iirc, blinking means that it's not receiving enough current to charge properly, when charged the light goes out.
I assume you've tried a different charger with at least 2A capacity?

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #31,358 of 42,765
Got two of those, they're brilliant. No charging noise.

Really!? Nice! I guess I'll have to order one... but first, sending back my Shanling M1 and leaning heavy towards the Cayin N3 to pair with the Mojo.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #31,359 of 42,765

I really hope someone has an idea of how to fix this. It's supposedly under warranty, but the last time I contacted Chord for a different issue they were no ***** help AT ALL (and that issue STILL hasn't been addressed), so I'm dreading having to fight with those ****** again. Any ideas? Anybody?

The flashing light is showing that you arent feeding mojo enough amps. it doesnt blink when its finished a proper full
charge, try to use a 2A charger and a quality cable so you dont restrict charging current reducing it to 1A or below.

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #31,360 of 42,765

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #31,363 of 42,765
Mar 25, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #31,364 of 42,765
I would probably put some sealant on it so that it doesn't Oxidize... but some people like the look of that on copper (not me though)... I'm sure it will oxidize quickly with the oils from the hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back