Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 15, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #30,331 of 42,782
If was really bothered about impact and slam I'd be using quality speakers instead. I think that's the way to go.

All I'm saying is that with the MT220, I got plenty of that aspect of sound with the Fulla, whereas it's missing with the Mojo for these particular headphones. I'm not interested in speakers, since I prefer headphones.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #30,334 of 42,782

Thanks Rob. Regarding the simplest path, I didn't mean within the FPGA. I meant the simplest path from the input to the FPGA. Is Toslink the simplest path to the FPGA? i.e. just wire from Toslink straight to the FPGA. As opposed to microUSB for example?

See for yourself:
http://blog-imgs-89.fc2.com/f/i/x/fixerhpa/DSC_60482.jpg

Kinda hard to tell, huh?

Ha I had already seen that. While it doesn't look like it's just wire from Toskink to FPGA, the path does look simpler than the microUSB path. But I'm definitely no expert. Was hoping Rob could help with that one @Rob Watts

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #30,340 of 42,782
Feb 15, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #30,342 of 42,782
Happiness is priceless.

This!!

Exactly why I acquired the DAVE after enjoying the Mojo so much. Worth it (for me). :)

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #30,343 of 42,782
Ill pay 4x and be happier.

Happiness is priceless.

Mood alters the music you hear more than anything else! Always stay happy and grateful for what you own and have and enjoy it to the max! 

This!!

Exactly why I acquired the DAVE after enjoying the Mojo so much. Worth it (for me).
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope that you're totally glad with it! 
etysmile.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #30,344 of 42,782
Does Mojo have good synergy with Fitear Tg334?

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #30,345 of 42,782

The various digital inputs go through the same modules within the FPGA so I would not worry about what is the simplest path.

Sure Mojo will be sensitive to RF as all electronics are; but I have implemented large levels of RF filtering and decoupling within Mojo, with separate regulators and RF filters for each digital part. Most of the development listening tests on headphones was in my lab - this is an RF hell, with routers, many PC's and test equipment around. I can't say that I have heard a benefit when I listen in other RF quiet areas though.

Rob  

Thanks Rob. Regarding the simplest path, I didn't mean within the FPGA. I meant the simplest path from the input to the FPGA. Is Toslink the simplest path to the FPGA? i.e. just wire from Toslink straight to the FPGA. As opposed to microUSB for example?

I used to get problems (over 3 years ago now)  with the USB decoder chip in that RF noise as the decoder was functioning would change the sound quality. Now I always power the decoder separately with it's own regulator and RF filter; indeed all digital inputs are treated separately; so don't worry about it, it is a problem that has already been solved.

Rob  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back