Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 16, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #30,346 of 42,765
  I used to get problems (over 3 years ago now)  with the USB decoder chip in that RF noise as the decoder was functioning would change the sound quality. Now I always power the decoder separately with it's own regulator and RF filter; indeed all digital inputs are treated separately; so don't worry about it, it is a problem that has already been solved.

Rob  

Thanks Rob. Time for me to sit back, relax and enjoy the music. Very much appreciate your technical insights.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #30,347 of 42,765
Just wondering if nyone can help me.

I got my chord mojo this morning, when I turn it on, the 3 lights come on then the power button light turns off but the volume up down button lights stay on.

Is that normal?

Also It has been on charge all day 7 hours so far, I've been charging it why its turned off, when I got home from work just now, I noticed the little light below the charge port wasn't on, when i turned my mojo on it turned blue, did my mojo stop charging at some point? Shouldn't that little light stay on all the way till it turns green? (I think green is the colour indicating it's fully charged)

Is all that normal?

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #30,348 of 42,765

I got my chord mojo this morning, when I turn it on, the 3 lights come on then the power button light turns off but the volume up down button lights stay on.

Is that normal?

Also It has been on charge all day 7 hours so far, I've been charging it why its turned off, when I got home from work just now, I noticed the little light below the charge port wasn't on, when i turned my mojo on it turned blue, did my mojo stop charging at some point? Shouldn't that little light stay on all the way till it turns green? (I think green is the colour indicating it's fully charged)

Is all that normal?

All that is normal. When it's done charging, the bright light turns off. When you turn it on when it's fully charged, it's blue, then gradually goes down to green, yellow, and red. The power light should be red when you've connected it and are playing 44.1 kHz music.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #30,349 of 42,765

Is that normal?

Is all that normal?

When the Mojo is powered down the battery indicator light is either white, or off. It does not change color when the unit is off and charging. When the unit is on it will display blue as the highest charge, then green at about 70%, then yellow at about 30%, then red at about 10% then blinking red (head for the charger quick when blinking red).

You need a minimum of 1A charger. If the charging light is blinking when powered off and charging then the charger is not delivering 1A of current.

The sampling rate ball will go dark if there is no input detected to the Mojo. How are you connecting your source?

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #30,350 of 42,765
When the Mojo is powered down the battery indicator light is either white, or off. It does not change color when the unit is off and charging. When the unit is on it will display blue as the highest charge, then green at about 70%, then yellow at about 30%, then red at about 10% then blinking red (head for the charger quick when blinking red).

You need a minimum of 1A charger. If the charging light is blinking when powered off and charging then the charger is not delivering 1A of current.

The sampling rate ball will go dark if there is no input detected to the Mojo. How are you connecting your source?

Ok so my light was blue so it was fully charged, I have built in USB wall sockets so it gives it the full voltage for charging.

I'm using a AudioQuest Forest micro USB charger.

Now I am just using that same charger connected to my pc as thats where it will now stay untill I take it away with me, but it will primarily be used for my desktop pc only.

I originally did the full charge through my usb wall socket though using the cable mentioned above.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #30,351 of 42,765
iAudio365, you mentioned the sampling rate ball (next to the volume balls) was dark. Do you have it working now when connected to your source?

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #30,352 of 42,765
iAudio365, you mentioned the sampling rate ball (next to the volume balls) was dark. Do you have it working now when connected to your source?

Yes it all seems to be working now, it wasn't dark it would light up when switched on and charging only not connected to any other cable except the cable i was charging it with but then that power button light would go out.

As soon as I hooked it up to my pc via an optical cable and usb for the charging from my pc and downloaded all the drivers etc its now working as intended from what i could tell.

I ran some music through it using my fostex trp50 mk3s and jesus it sounds amazing.

Can only imaging what it will sound like on my Ether Flows when I get them back from being upgraded (to the flow)

I'm just now tossing up if buying a cavalli liquid carbon is even worth it as an amp ad on now...

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #30,353 of 42,765
Yes it all seems to be working now, it wasn't dark it would light up when switched on and charging only not connected to any other cable except the cable i was charging it with but then that power button light would go out.

As soon as I hooked it up to my pc via an optical cable and usb for the charging from my pc and downloaded all the drivers etc its now working as intended from what i could tell.

I ran some music through it using my fostex trp50 mk3s and jesus it sounds amazing.

Can only imaging what it will sound like on my Ether Flows when I get them back from being upgraded (to the flow)

I'm just now tossing up if buying a cavalli liquid carbon is even worth it as an amp ad on now...

Yeah, the sampling rate indicator will go dark if nothing is connected to the inputs, but come on when it sees an input signal. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

I can tell you the ETHER Flow sounds fantastic with the Mojo, at least to my ears it does, and the Mojo easily drives them. I also had the Liquid Carbon before I upgraded to the Liquid Gold. While the Liquid Carbon is a very nice sounding amp I find it's less transparent than the Mojo alone and more or less adds its own coloration to the mix (adding any component in any chain will reduce transparency). When I was in the mood for the Cavalli sound I would use the Liquid Carbon, but most of the time I just plugged straight in to the Mojo.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #30,354 of 42,765
Yeah, the sampling rate indicator will go dark if nothing is connected to the inputs, but come on when it sees an input signal. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

I can tell you the ETHER Flow sounds fantastic with the Mojo, at least to my ears it does, and the Mojo easily drives them. I also had the Liquid Carbon before I upgraded to the Liquid Gold. While the Liquid Carbon is a very nice sounding amp I find it's less transparent than the Mojo alone and more or less adds its own coloration to the mix (adding any component in any chain will reduce transparency). When I was in the mood for the Cavalli sound I would use the Liquid Carbon, but most of the time I just plugged straight in to the Mojo.

Yeh think I'm gonna pass on the cavalli. Maybe hahhaa.

However, I will 100% get the liquid spark, I'm just waiting for the guy to get back to me with the pre order info.

Having something I run both on my desktop taking up very minimal space and I can take on the go when needed is something I will not pass up from such a high end brand.

The carbon whilst soooo tempting, I just can't see me caring about the additional sound it adds enough to spend over 1000 AU$ + after shipping and taxes etc are applied to justify it.

The mojo is just out of this world. Incredible.

But I'm also bloody hopeless and probably buy the carbon anyway because I'm a sucker for different house sounds. I dunno.

Usually when i can't make my mind up on something I tend to just pass. But mojo was a no brainer.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #30,355 of 42,765
Yeh think I'm gonna pass on the cavalli. Maybe hahhaa.

However, I will 100% get the liquid spark, I'm just waiting for the guy to get back to me with the pre order info.

Having something I run both on my desktop taking up very minimal space and I can take on the go when needed is something I will not pass up from such a high end brand.

The carbon whilst soooo tempting, I just can't see me caring about the additional sound it adds enough to spend over 1000 AU$ + after shipping and taxes etc are applied to justify it.

The mojo is just out of this world. Incredible.

But I'm also bloody hopeless and probably buy the carbon anyway because I'm a sucker for different house sounds. I dunno.

Usually when i can't make my mind up on something I tend to just pass. But mojo was a no brainer.

I just read in the Liquid Carbon thread that you have the ETHER C(1.1), not the open ETHER. If you're upgrading to the Flow C version then the Cavalli gear adds some nice synergy as the C is brighter than the open Flow, which has more weight to the sound (I own both). That said the Mojo sounds fine to me with the Flow C as well.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #30,356 of 42,765
I just read in the Liquid Carbon thread that you have the ETHER C(1.1), not the open ETHER. If you're upgrading to the Flow C version then the Cavalli gear adds some nice synergy as the C is brighter than the open Flow, which has more weight to the sound (I own both). That said the Mojo sounds fine to me with the Flow C as well.

I'm actually just upgrading to the flow (open) from the c 1.1.

I got AEON's for my closed set option that I just pre ordered a few days ago now. I wanted to mix it up a bit, i have heard that the LC is great with the flows as well. But as I say I'm at a cross roads on sepnding the additional cash on the LC being that my experience so far with the mojo has just been amazing, I'm finding it hard to think things can sound even better haha.

Like i have the cash ready to go. But in honestly I have since heard of the Liquid Spark, again this makes me not want to go with LC as apparently from what I have been told it sounds just as good as the LC, is actually portable as in pocket size and is available for pre order for 500$,

Can you see where I'm at? Making these decissions isn't easy haha! I dont have massive desk space, but can easy fit most amps but I like it clean, and the portability of the Liquid Spark as well as something not taking up tons of space on my desk is very appealing.

Ahhhh so hard. Maybe I buy both, maybe just one, but then need to spend additional $$$ on balanced cables etc etc. the list goes on.

As you can see I am a very confused man hahaha

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #30,357 of 42,765
I don't know if anyone post this already. Anyway I do a test for different combination of iOS 10.3 beta iPhone and cable with Mojo.

iPhone 5: iOS 10.3 Beta 2
iPhone 5s: iOS 10.3 Beta 2

using different cable to connect to mojo

1. iPhone 5 -> Apple CCK -> usb cable/mojo adapter module -> mojo : working fine
2. iPhone 5 -> Apple CCK USB3 -> usb cable -> mojo : working fine
3. iPhone 5 -> Fiio L19 Cable -> mojo : working fine

4. iPhone 5s -> Apple CCK -> usb cable/mojo adapter module -> mojo : not working, no light
5. iPhone 5s -> Apple CCK USB3 -> usb cable -> mojo : working fine
6. iPhone 5s -> Fiio L19 Cable -> mojo : working fine

I think currently the connection issue comes from Apple CCK (old model).
If you only have iPhone 5s with Apple CCK, you might want to consider using another cable or not to upgrade to iOS 10.3 beta.

My iPhone 6s is still on iOS 10.2.1. I might try this test on my 6s once 10.3 beta 3 is out.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #30,358 of 42,765
I am really having a problem with a Fiio L19 cable and an iPhone 6...

Sometimes it works with the Mojo...often it doesn't...no matter what sequence of switching on, connecting cable etc I try I cannot get the Mojo to lock onto the digital signal.

Anyone have any idea what I can do?

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #30,359 of 42,765
I'm actually just upgrading to the flow (open) from the c 1.1.

I got AEON's for my closed set option that I just pre ordered a few days ago now. I wanted to mix it up a bit, i have heard that the LC is great with the flows as well. But as I say I'm at a cross roads on sepnding the additional cash on the LC being that my experience so far with the mojo has just been amazing, I'm finding it hard to think things can sound even better haha.

Like i have the cash ready to go. But in honestly I have since heard of the Liquid Spark, again this makes me not want to go with LC as apparently from what I have been told it sounds just as good as the LC, is actually portable as in pocket size and is available for pre order for 500$,

Can you see where I'm at? Making these decissions isn't easy haha! I dont have massive desk space, but can easy fit most amps but I like it clean, and the portability of the Liquid Spark as well as something not taking up tons of space on my desk is very appealing.

Ahhhh so hard. Maybe I buy both, maybe just one, but then need to spend additional $$$ on balanced cables etc etc. the list goes on.

As you can see I am a very confused man hahaha

With headphones of that quality, you really should invest in a Hugo rather than an amp :). Big increase of airiness and treble extension over the already good Mojo.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #30,360 of 42,765
I am really having a problem with a Fiio L19 cable and an iPhone 6...

Sometimes it works with the Mojo...often it doesn't...no matter what sequence of switching on, connecting cable etc I try I cannot get the Mojo to lock onto the digital signal.

Anyone have any idea what I can do?

You might not like this answer, but a £300 Fiio feeding the Mojo would just let you enjoy the music :). And save battery on your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back