Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 4, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #30,016 of 42,765
congrats, this is 2000th page of the mojo thread.
Yes it's truly splendid that we've reached that number of well informedcomment and mostly good humoured pages of comment. Hopefully with Matt and Mitch out in New York doing a Show and Tell of Mojo Poly and Hugo2 at CanJam we will have quite a few more soon.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #30,020 of 42,765
I think it's not very likely, since for full MQA support Chord/Rob would need to hand over very detailed construction information.

And I think it's understandable that Chord/Rob aren't down for that.

Cheers

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #30,021 of 42,765
On the topic of snare drum impact...

I believe one factor that made the Creative Sound Blaster E1 (a pretty cheap DAC/amp) hit a lot harder than the Mojo was simply that its amp was being pushed to its limits at high volume. Plus it's not neutral and its DAC is harsher, so there ya go.

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #30,023 of 42,765
let's hope that MQA will allow more than one unfolding via software, further down the line.

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #30,026 of 42,765
No. Chord has confirmed this.

I assumed different. Good to know.

I guess that means we'll have to wait until the Mojo 2 to get MQA compatibility ...

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #30,027 of 42,765
No I'm not taking it personally...i was just pointing out it's legit so feel OK to visit that site. It's stereophile.com

Thank you. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #30,030 of 42,765
Don't hold your breath ... maybe the best we can hope for in order to achieve full MQA is a backpack to attach to the Mojo (I am shamelessly repeating another member's idea) - kind of like the Poly.  

As far as I am concerned such a unit could even be made be a 3rd party as the MQA concept comes in (at least) three parts; decoder, renderer, and complete unit - there's no requirement to offer the full package.  And no need to share your corporate Intellectual Property.  

Maybe the first 2 could be combined in a little unit to put on your USB port, like the Audioquest Jitterbug, made by some enterprising outfit yet to be identified.  Or what if Meridian would offer the Explorer2 with digital outputs ... but maybe that would constitute apostasy?

A Chord rep has told me as well that there are no firmware upgrades for any purpose.  He said their units are designed & built as best they know how at the time, as newer designs/components become available, that would be a new product launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back