Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 3, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #30,001 of 42,765
  So with the release of the Hugo 2 we should see quite a few original Hugo's go up for sale. Would it be worth trading the Mojo for a Hugo? Anyone that has owned both for a while care to comment on the sounds differences?

I'm debating with myself now. Do I grab a Poly? Do I go for a second hand Hugo? Or do I just go all out and get a Hugo 2? I felt a bit bonkers buying my Elears, spending £1k more on a Hugo 2 is going to be something else entirely.

I obviously have not heard the Hugo 2, but as a fellow Elear and Mojo owner, I can say that I am far more interested in a DAC upgrade than a headphone upgrade. And the Hugo 2 is said to be one of the greatest DACs in the world regardless of price.

Try these EQ settings with your Elear! My goodness...it's magical.

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #30,002 of 42,765
already started.

What is that? Hugo's going cheap second hand?

I obviously have not heard the Hugo 2, but as a fellow Elear and Mojo owner, I can say that I am far more interested in a DAC upgrade than a headphone upgrade. And the Hugo 2 is said to be one of the greatest DACs in the world regardless of price.

Try these EQ settings with your Elear! My goodness...it's magical.

I have no intention of changing cans, I love my Elears. Will try those settings though.

It is a tough decision regarding the Hugo 2. I don't know how wealthy you folk are, but nearly £2k is a hell of alot of money. I'd have the thing strapped to me 24/7! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #30,003 of 42,765
What is that? Hugo's going cheap second hand?

I have no intention of changing cans, I love my Elears. Will try those settings though.

It is a tough decision regarding the Hugo 2. I don't know how wealthy you folk are, but nearly £2k is a hell of alot of money. I'd have the thing strapped to me 24/7! :D  
a few Hugos has been put up for sale. If you never had one I would suggest you try and grab one.

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #30,004 of 42,765
If anyone can give me some feedback regarding  my imac to coax on mojo as a possibility would be great. my post 2/3 pages back.

I would guess that you are not getting a response because nobody else is using coax to connect the Mojo to the iMac. The iMac will show what is actually connected in the Audio MIDI Setup app. The setting you select should be based on the sample rate of the tracks you are playing to the coverter so the iMac does not upsample before sending. You can tell the sample rate that the Mojo is receiving by the color of the power ball. If it matches what you set in iMac, the converter is not changing it. I have not done this so it is what I think based on what I know about the iMac and Mojo.

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #30,005 of 42,765
Asking for a friend,

Anyone use Neutron player in direct driver mode to the Mojo and have any issues? Anyone experience a 'fast forward effect' like 3x normal speed with Mojo from Neutron?

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #30,006 of 42,765
Thanks rbalcom,

relatively new to this stuff on a steep learning curve.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #30,008 of 42,765
Feb 3, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #30,010 of 42,765
Can anyone recommend a small micro usb to lightning cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #30,012 of 42,765
Can anyone recommend a small micro usb to lightning cable?

https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-MicroUSB-connecting-Digital-Camera/dp/B01N77VPS3/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1486183532&sr=8-3&keywords=micro+usb+to+lightning+cable

Ordered, thanks! Also bought the iPhone 7/Mojo case.

Feb 4, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #30,013 of 42,765

i tried this a while ago coming from audio output of my motherboard, the results compared to mojo was cold, thin and harsh. going back to mojo was lush and musical.

It's good to hear the gateway is working .....go on ......you know you want to try Hugo2 :sunglasses:

I used to love listening to my motherboard on-board sound. However I haven't done so since buying Mojo, or Meridian Explorer. I should go back for a listen. It's an Asus board and Asus make their own sound cards. I think some of their sound-card technology has trickled down to their motherboards.

Just trying on-board motherboard sound again now, and it's exceptional for a £75 motherboard. (Mojo leaves it competently behind though, as expected.
smile_phones.gif
)

Motherboard manufacturers are generally improving on-board sound across many boards though, and incorporating proper headphone amps. I think the weakest link in the chain is the piece of cable between motherboard and front headphone port.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back