Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 27, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #29,746 of 42,765
Hello all

I have been reading a lot on the Mojo and would be really interested to get it

As of today, I am using a Sony ZX1 +DAC/amp sony pha2 and a pair of 535
This setup gave hours of pleasure and I am quite happy about them but consider to upgrade with either Shure 846 or Mojo. And I see some of you have used either 535 or 846 with the Mojo

Could yoi please share your experience? Which one would you consider first?

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #29,748 of 42,765
Hello all

I have been reading a lot on the Mojo and would be really interested to get it

As of today, I am using a Sony ZX1 +DAC/amp sony pha2 and a pair of 535
This setup gave hours of pleasure and I am quite happy about them but consider to upgrade with either Shure 846 or Mojo. And I see some of you have used either 535 or 846 with the Mojo

Could yoi please share your experience? Which one would you consider first?

Thanks!

If it were me, I'd probably sell the ZX1 (no need for expensive DAP if using an external DAC/amp) and use it to buy the IEMs if I liked how they sound. DAC won't make as much of an impact on what you hear as much as headphones will. I'd only consider buying the Mojo if you really wanted something a little more portable.

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #29,749 of 42,765
As of yesterday, I'm officially in the Mojo Club! This little thing is amazing. My first DAC/Amp not named Dragonfly. I love it.

Question for you guys: would there be a significant upgrade in sound if I picked up a Fiio 3 vs music from my iPhone?

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #29,752 of 42,765

I've been using it directly with HD800s lately.

There's enough space on top for a DAP easily.  I have an AK100 strapped to mine when I put it in the case. I don't like to remove the optical cable (to avoid dropping or damaging it) so I have mine going the other direction.

is this pelican micro 1020 case?

Yup. If you don't strap the Mojo to the DAP, it fits sideways perfectly too.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #29,753 of 42,765
I was thinking a while ago, about folk who bought a Mojo case but don't want it. Meaning because they will get the Poly and the new Poly/Mojo case, could sell the Mojo case here. I would most like be looking for a bargain buy on a Mojo case. I am not totally sure yet but I think I want one.

I kind of like the tactile feel of the Mojo on my desk. However I would definitely prefer to keep it mint. I'd only buy from the UK because I don't want high postage charges for recorded mail from abroad.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #29,754 of 42,765
Can anyone recommend a small dap to pair with mojo? 

My new phone dosent play very well, the Onkyo app crashes and its getting annoying.  I know about the Shanlikng M1 but was wondering if there is anything else small like that.  I would prefer to have a usb connection so i dont have to buy new cables but its not a deal breaker.

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #29,755 of 42,765

My new phone dosent play very well, the Onkyo app crashes and its getting annoying.  I know about the Shanlikng M1 but was wondering if there is anything else small like that.  I would prefer to have a usb connection so i dont have to buy new cables but its not a deal breaker.

AK70 fits nicely!

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #29,758 of 42,765
For sure get the 846 if you like the sound sig. for the money there are much better IEMs however

The 846 just like the 215s have a definite stage sound to them, only the 846 is far more resolving. I wouldn't suggest there are much better iems for the price, merely different perspectives.

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #29,759 of 42,765
What was the reasoning for making the line out a 3v output? This is the highest single ended output I have encountered.

While not a deal breaker, as I could merely adjust the output lower, why not just make it a 2v output?

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #29,760 of 42,765

Have you looked in the third post at the list of DAPs that work with Mojo.

Personally I am thinking about getting the Sony NWZ-A15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back