Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #28,591 of 42,765
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-dap-usb-dac-usb-transport-bluetooth-4-0-aptx-dsd/1860#post_13151641

Looks like this might be what most people wanted.  If someone builds a nice case for this transport that would be even nicer.  It can do many of same things Poly can if you want to stream Tidal wirelessly.  For me it has more of the features I want.  At 1/4 of the price.

If it had a cleanly clocked optical out, it'd be utterly killer!

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #28,592 of 42,765
So, the Poly has been announced and ... I can't afford it.

Still trying to figure out what to do with my Mojo on my commutes. My iPod Nano is incompatible and my iPhone too fiddly to connect up.

I've looked at Fiio Players like the X3, Hiditz AP60 etc, but am starting to wonder if I should use a different amp for commutes, such as the Cayin C5 which is compatible with the Nano being only an amp, not a dac.

Does this sound like a stupid idea? I'd be using my Mojo most of the time, just not for commutes.

And ... if I added the Cayin as a preamp to the Mojo line out in order to get a bass boast, would that be stupid? Any thoughts?

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #28,594 of 42,765
chris 1975

can't beat an ipod touch 6 with mojo.

streams tidal, plays your flac, alac etc.

imo still great bang for buck

(bought mine used 128gb for only cdn$330)

no new configuration or device makes me want to sell it thus far.
i'm not as dap savvy as are others on here, so take my comments
for what they're worth...and my setup is simpler than some of those on here.
and i don't mind wires...if you do, then there is the poly or other.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #28,595 of 42,765
So, the Poly has been announced and ... I can't afford it.

Still trying to figure out what to do with my Mojo on my commutes. My iPod Nano is incompatible and my iPhone too fiddly to connect up.

Why do you feel it's more awkward to connect an iPhone than any other transport device?

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #28,596 of 42,765
Why do you feel it's more awkward to connect an iPhone than any other transport device?

Because I want to use my phone as a phone. Which means stacking with rubber band is out. Plus it only has 16GB

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #28,597 of 42,765
$250 Android phone with SD card + Monoprice USB cable + Mojo = All set.

I connect my HTC 10 via a single USB-C cable to the Mojo and its perfect.

200+ gb of storage and Spotify/Tidal plus UAPP/HF Player for local playback.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #28,598 of 42,765

And yet, inexplicably, you are unhappy.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #28,599 of 42,765
Jan 7, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #28,600 of 42,765

I'm unhappy with the Poly,its a disappointment.I was lining up for a Dave too but now I'm not so sure.

You will see me post my delight and disappointment with certain products. I would like a more integrated setup, possibly cable free but the Poly misses the mark.

So yes, I'm explicably unhappy.

There's a result or an excuse and the Poly looks like a excuse. Sorry Chord, I am not a sycophant and refuse to be one. Poly isn't worth $1000 AUD, it isn't worth 500 for that matter.

The Nighthawk, Z1R and Mojo are results, not the Poly.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #28,601 of 42,765

I'm unhappy with the Poly,its a disappointment.I was lining up for a Dave too but now I'm not so sure.

You will see me post my delight and disappointment with certain products. I would like a more integrated setup, possibly cable free but the Poly misses the mark.

There's a result or an excuse and the Poly looks like a excuse. Sorry Chord, I am not a sycophant and refuse to be one. Poly isn't worth $1000 AUD, it isn't worth 500 for that matter.

Are you mentioning AQ NH with z1r and mojo?

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #28,602 of 42,765

I'm not sure why being unhappy with a Mojo attachment would cause you to change your mind on a Dave. The Dave is a state of the art DAC meant to be used with commensurate components.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #28,604 of 42,765

It's not a case of anyone being a sycophant, just because they don't see things the same way as you do.

You know as well as I do that what one person sees value in, another won't, and so it goes, ad infinitum.

Personally, I view high-end audiophile cables with strong skepticism, but others sing their praises to the rooftops.

My point, earlier was that clearly, you have found a combo that does suit your needs, so clearly Chord have done something right, in your life, even if Poly isn't that something:

"Perfect" (your words; not mine) really doesn't sound so awfully, terribly bad
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back