Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 29, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #27,946 of 42,765
there is no click feel on power Ball. there is click sound during power on but that is of a relay inside mojo. so far after about 10 months or so I have no issues .I have used mojo for all kinds of music. all kinds of use like with dap, with phone, with PC, with tab, used to drive 8 ohm small speakers ,600 Ohm headphones and mojo never disappointed.

Dec 29, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #27,948 of 42,765
there is no click feel on power Ball. there is click sound during power on but that is of a relay inside mojo. so far after about 10 months or so I have no issues .I have used mojo for all kinds of music. all kinds of use like with dap, with phone, with PC, with tab, used to drive 8 ohm small speakers ,600 Ohm headphones and mojo never disappointed.

I have no click on the power switch action.

I hold the power ball down and it turns the unit on. The relay makes a small click, and that's all. No switch noise at all, or sometimes a faint soft click.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #27,949 of 42,765
Which settings should be used in the windows sound panel to prevent any resampling when playing music (in my case JRiver)? Should it be set according to music sample rate you're playing or it doesn't matter? The highest possible option is 32 bit / 384000 Hz

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #27,950 of 42,765

I hold the power ball down and it turns the unit on. The relay makes a small click, and that's all. No switch noise at all, or sometimes a faint soft click.

Hi GreenBow,

If it helps, my one year Mojo's power ball acts as per your description:
* softer pressure click vs Volume ones,
* small relay noise at Power On/Off.
Don't remember if it has been always like this.
Rgds.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #27,951 of 42,765
Please, I have to ask folks,

my new Mojo has a couple of issues.

1. The power button does not depress quite right and has no solid movement or solid click-sound. It should have a nice solid-click when pressed. It turns the unit on and off OK, however the action is not right. It has a soft movement, which seems only about half a press down compared to normal buttons. It has a very soft click sometimes, and sometimes no click at all. If I had viewed this in a shop I would definitely have asked for another unit. I am worried it will fail.
  2. The battery is not operating quite right either. The charge time of this battery is supposed to be four hours. However it takes six hours and twenty minutes to charge from empty to full. I am sure you can imagine how it could be a problem sometimes.

John Franks ....although we take great care in selecting the acrylic balls their manufacturing process is an imperfect one that causes slight irregularities in the diameters of the balls however using the ball button for a while will allow it to settle into position and it will free up. Regarding the battery charging time. This may be caused by your charger some USB chargers output at a reduced rate. However if that is not the problem it will depend on the ambient temperature four hours for a full charge may not be enough but this is not a problem as it means the battery technology is improving and more energy is being packed into the batteries as the charge rate (though not the time to charge) is fixed by the circuitry inside the mojo.
So I think you should stop worrying and enjoy your Mojo

Please what do folks think? Should I return it or ask for part refund? Though I think a part refund would have to be quite hefty!

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #27,952 of 42,765
  Which settings should be used in the windows sound panel to prevent any resampling when playing music (in my case JRiver)? Should it be set according to music sample rate you're playing or it doesn't matter? The highest possible option is 32 bit / 384000 Hz

Yes, you should set it to match the sample rate and bit rate of the music. You don't want Windows re-sampling at all. Some kinds of playback software (I think Foobar2000?) will set this automatically per track should you have a mix of high-res and CD Quality music.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #27,954 of 42,765
@Mojo ideas and @Rob Watts, It's actually not that the round ball is too big. All the balls on this Mojo have play of about 1mm in any direction. They are all free moving, and can be moved as I say 1mm in any direction, left or right. I actually though they were all a bit loose when it arrived. Though I took no more notice.

What worries me stupid, is that the button under the ball does not feel right. It makes no click when pushed. Secondly the action pressing the ball down only goes about half the height of a press down on any other button. However it's not that the ball is holding the button down, because the ball is completely free moving and spins very easily. It's the action on the button underneath is not like with any other Mojo button I have seen. It feels like the button is about to give out, though of course it may not.

What worries me also is resale value too. I would have to go through all this rigmarole of explanation if I sold it. The buyer might think I was selling it because of this reason and want it cheap.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #27,955 of 42,765
  @Mojo ideas and @Rob Watts, It's actually not that the round ball is too big. All the balls on this Mojo have play of about 1mm in any direction. They are all free moving, and can be moved as I say 1mm in any direction, left or right. I actually though they were all a bit loose when it arrived. Though I took no more notice.

What worries me stupid, is that the button under the ball does not feel right. It makes no click when pushed. Secondly the action pressing the ball down only goes about half the height of a press down on any other button. However it's not that the ball is holding the button down, because the ball is completely free moving and spins very easily. It's the action on the button underneath is not like with any other Mojo button I have seen. It feels like the button is about to give out, though of course it may not.

What worries me also is resale value too. I would have to go through all this rigmarole of explanation if I sold it. The buyer might think I was selling it because of this reason and want it cheap.

My best guess?

Possibly a chunk of dirt or dust between the ball and the switch.

Nothing cataclysmic

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #27,956 of 42,765

Hi GreenBow,

If it helps, my one year Mojo's power ball acts as per your description:
* softer pressure click vs Volume ones,
* small relay noise at Power On/Off.
Don't remember if it has been always like this.
Rgds.

Thank you Arp, I have been worried terribly. I always get in a dilemma when it's like this. Sort of fifty-fifty if there is something wrong.

Actually it's a little more complex.

What happens is the left volume button has the firmest action and loudest click. Then the right volume button has a quieter click, and less action. Then the power has no click, and very little movement downwards. It's like the circuit board underneath is not set level and slopes down on the right hand side.   

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #27,957 of 42,765
@Mojo ideas
 and @Rob Watts
, It's actually not that the round ball is too big. All the balls on this Mojo have play of about 1mm in any direction. They are all free moving, and can be moved as I say 1mm in any direction, left or right. I actually though they were all a bit loose when it arrived. Though I took no more notice.

Return the unit through your retailer then an we will disassemble and check why the button feels different. It may be that the T piece actuator has been inadvertently put in the wrong way up

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #27,958 of 42,765

Yes, you should set it to match the sample rate and bit rate of the music. You don't want Windows re-sampling at all. Some kinds of playback software (I think Foobar2000?) will set this automatically per track should you have a mix of high-res and CD Quality music.

Yes, exactly ("You don't want Windows re-sampling at all"), in fact it has also been stated several times that mojo's own filters are much better and accurate so I just wanted to be sure.

use chord asio driver and you don't need to set anything in Windows. asio completely bypasses the windows processes and communicates directly with the dac.

I saw that with Chord ASIO mojo always outputs to 32 bit (whether if you're playing 16 or 24 bit files) while with Kernel Streaming (the one I actually prefer) you have to choose the bit rate yourself in the device settings (still speaking of JRiver) between 16,24,32 bit Integer - 32 bit also has a "Floating Point" option - the problem is that the output will be accordingly to the one you choose there and of course I don't want any software resampling. So if I set KS to 32 bit Integer how can I be sure that mojo is using its own filters instead of a software resampling?

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #27,959 of 42,765
foobar does not give the option of bit depth selection. j river has the option of bit depth selection. sending 32 bit padded data to mojo from j river does sound a bit more open but imho sending true bits to mojo sounds more natural in case of j river.

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #27,960 of 42,765
foobar does not give the option of bit depth selection. j river has the option of bit depth selection. sending 32 bit padded data to mojo from j river does sound a bit more open but imho sending true bits to mojo sounds more natural in case of j river.

Ok, so the only possible choice is to use Chord ASIO if you want true bits (and mojo doing the "magic")...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back