Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #27,871 of 42,789

Some one stole my Mojo!

what a cutie!....but you're going down a wormhole...

sure this yr it's all about little boxes with coloured lights playing nice music:  'oh daddy this is cool!'
however, come next yr it moves onto 'hey daddy, can you buy me the Hugo...i'll let you listen to it, too!'
and for your princess' birthday in another yr or two, it's  'daddy i'm soooo looking forward to that Dave..we can both enjoy it.'.
biggrin.gif

enjoy!

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #27,873 of 42,789
  what a cutie!....but you're going down a wormhole...

sure this yr it's all little boxes and coloured lights playing nice music:  'daddy this is cool!'
however, come next yr it moves to 'hey daddy, can you buy me the Hugo...i'll let you listen to it, too!'
and for your princess' birthday it's  'daddy i'm soooo looking forward to that Dave..we can both enjoy it.'. and i promise not to tell mummy what it cost!
biggrin.gif

enjoy!

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #27,874 of 42,789
I did try without the USB cables plugged in and I think it sounds cleaner, but not sure and may be psychological bias due to expectations.

See connections below. Maybe I should try those ferite cores mentioned above.

On a Mac? Use optical while you still can, since Apple seems intent to kill that off in all their cost-cutting wisdom. >:|

Dec 26, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #27,875 of 42,789
Be careful with ferrite cores. They can reduce dynamics in the audio, in my experience. 

That just means you prefer the sound of distortion, without the ferrite cores. Mojo isn't galvanically isolated so USB will introduce a lot of noise. Hugo and Mojo are most likely to work best with an optical connection.

Now playing: Anouar Brahem/John Surman/Dave Holland - Al Hizam Al Dhahbi

Dec 26, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #27,876 of 42,789
just listening to george michael singing 'careless whisper' when with wham, ....just a mind blowing classic.
no wonder actor Ryan Reynolds paid homage to it (and the band) in his popular action flick 'Deadpool'.
169 million hits on youtube

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #27,877 of 42,789
  just listening to george michael singing 'careless whisper' when with wham, ....just a mind blowing classic.
no wonder actor Ryan Reynolds paid homage to it (and the band) in his popular action flick 'Deadpool'.
169 million hits on youtube

I think I recall it being said that he wrote that when he was just 17

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #27,878 of 42,789

I think I recall it being said that he wrote that when he was just 17

wow, he was quite the prodigy, then..much like bryan adams who wrote 'cuts like a knife' when he was only 20 or so..

enjoy...just ignore the '80s production feel (gosh don't most '80's fashion pics make one blush a bit, lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ&ab_channel=georgemichaelVEVO
now 170 million hits.

am trialing roon labs and tidal hi fi again, this time understanding better how they sync together,
so have been listening all day to some great new material.
and to the greatest hits compilation on george....what a stunning voice he had.
dennis deyoung, seal, george michael, robert plant, freddie mercury (etc)...amazing pipes and ranges.

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #27,879 of 42,789
Happy Holidays

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #27,880 of 42,789
Love this piece of gear.Vocals sound amazing on this thing.The imaging and seperation lets you hear into the music.So musical,engaging and unfatiguing.

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #27,882 of 42,789
Is it over all accepted that the best Desktop audio connection to the Mojo is via Optical rather than USB?
I have Optical on my Desktop COMPUTER, but previously for some reason thought USB would be better.

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #27,883 of 42,789
Is it over all accepted that the best Desktop audio connection to the Mojo is via Optical rather than USB?
I have Optical on my Desktop COMPUTER, but previously for some reason thought USB would be better.
which ever way sounds the best for you is THE BEST.

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #27,884 of 42,789
I prefer using Mojo as a dac through the line out, but the battery drains pretty fast. Would it scaling down Mojo's output for few notches like from 3V to 2V affect the line out sound quality? I would like to extend the battery life but am not sure what degree of degradation could the attenuator cause to the signal.

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #27,885 of 42,789
I did try without the USB cables plugged in and I think it sounds cleaner, but not sure and may be psychological bias due to expectations.

See connections below. Maybe I should try those ferite cores mentioned above.

You look to be using a Mac computer. If so, try holding down the Option key and clicking on the Apple icon at the left end of the menu bar. Then select "System information". In the window that opens, click on "USB" in the left column. Then you can see which USB ports are being used for which device. If possible, try to use a USB port for your Mojo that is not shared with any other device.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back