Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 3, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #26,838 of 42,765

Would love to hear your thoughts on Encore vs Dulce Bass when you get them. I recently got Dulce Bass and I've been completely floored by how good they sound.

I will let you know. I see a pair of Gens in your pic. I dare suggest we have a very similar flavour when it comes to sound. I have the 8040 and love them. I have thought about upgrading but I think two gen subs would be a better move IMO. 

Ditto on the Dulce Bass. I would guess they have become Noble's best selling universal IEM but this is speculation. I love them. Even acoustic music sounds beautiful through them, especially with the low end kick. The bass is so natural, it has to be heard to be believed. My HD25 lack the bass but sound fine. Then on with the Noble and it simply appears out of nowhere, layers and layers rendered perfectly. No bloat at all.

I had impressions done to go all out with the Encore as I am after a bit more air with the HF. I cannot see the Encore coming close to the Dulce in the bass dept as it wouldn't make financial sense at all.   

I will revert back after "the wait" :) 

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #26,842 of 42,765
  I just downloaded the free DSD256 file that comes with new Mojo purchases ... 6.65GB for about 40 minutes of music! I'm out of space between the 256GB of internal storage and 200GB of external storage on my 240SS, so I'm waiting for the 256GB microSD cards to come down from their current $200 price tag.

One day there will be 512GB microSD cards and my storage problems will be gone forever. 
biggrin.gif

Over on the Shanling M1 thread, someone posted photos yesterday of how they're using a microSD-to-SD adapter, with a 512GB card in it.  The adapter tucks into the "snap flap" of the M1 case.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #26,845 of 42,765
A letter to the Chord  company 

I sent my Mojo for repair under waranty but...
I waited paintiantly 2 months  to receive my Mojo repaired or at least an estimated time to recive it  back  but  nothing hapanned
I send many messages to the company and the response I received was that " we are busy"
I paid money to send my Mojo  and was received there ,since then it just dissapeared there
and no body seems to take care  of it ,no mails ,response of my  mais just nothing
I am asking all the time if I was wrong to buy their products 
if I just knew what could be their treat to costumers like me ,i should  not buy their products
just gave me a bad taste , I do not live in the UK so I can not go directely to them and ask a direct question
You at Chord should be ashame about you costumer service 
May be my words here could do something at Chord and shut down this red warning light 
I did not expect to receive "MY " mojo the next day but not to wait to receive a simple  answer months 
for me is now my worst costumer service I ever had in my life ,
you guys here may be could have better luck than me

A frustrated music lover 
I'm sorry about your difficulties please feel free to private message me. However can I just clarify that you contacted Chord Electronics and not The chord cable company. We are two totally seperate companies that are not linked in any way. So if by some chance you have sent a unit to them, as an unrecognised piece it may not have been correctly reassigned and sent on to us.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #26,847 of 42,765
  Careful - there are a lot of Krall haters, here on head-fi, LOL
rolleyes.gif

I like some of her stuff, and dislike some of her stuff. One album of hers which I consider to be pretty well-recorded is 'All For You - A dedication to the Nat King Cole Trio'. Definitely worth a listen if she happens to be one's cup of tea. And it she isn't one's cup of tea, then that's fine, too
tongue.gif

Never really knew she existed until this post thanks for turning me onto some new music.

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #26,849 of 42,765

Ordered my Mojo 2 days ago through German Amazon site. Estimated delivery date 21 January.
Wow, 7 weeks of waiting, Chord must be overrun by orders at this time of the year. 

Was the order directly from Amazon, or an independent retailer via Amazon?

Chord Electronics, themselves, wouldn't be holding-up your order.

There is a distributor and then a retailer, in between you and Chord, when you buy a Mojo.

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #26,850 of 42,765
I am not, because I connect it to arcam which can cope with 2.75 V.
However many months ago, people did detail amps that could cope with up to 5+ V, but I cannot remember them off the top of my head.
Just set the volume four clicks down that 2volts RMS or there about remember that Mojo does remember it's last setting and so it will always remember that it had been set lower and it will return to that blue level setting when you switch it back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back