Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 4, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #26,851 of 42,765

Was the order directly from Amazon, or an independent retailer via Amazon?

Chord Electronics, themselves, wouldn't be holding-up your order.

There is a distributor and then a retailer, in between you and Chord, when you buy a Mojo.

Thanks for the heads up, a good question indeed.
It says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon". The seller is called Chord, but obviously doesn't have anything to do with the Chord Electronics. Also it says "Delivery on 7 Dec." but once ordered changes to "you will be informed when the product is available". 

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #26,852 of 42,765
the way I read this is that Amazon Germany is the seller. As it's said sold by Amazon.
The name chord is just to show the manufacturer.

Cheers

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #26,853 of 42,765
Thanks for the heads up, a good question indeed.
It says "[COLOR=111111]Dispatched from and sold by Amazon". The seller is called Chord, but obviously doesn't have anything to do with the Chord Electronics. Also it says "Delivery on 7 Dec." but once ordered changes to "you will be informed when the product is available". [/COLOR]
do you also get a free case?

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #26,855 of 42,765
Ordered my Mojo 2 days ago through German Amazon site. Estimated delivery date 21 January.
Wow, 7 weeks of waiting, Chord must be overrun by orders at this time of the year. 

You should be able to order it from U.K. Faster than that or another DE authorized resaler. I don't believe Amazon directly sales mojo in US either.

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #26,857 of 42,765
Just set the volume four clicks down that 2volts RMS or there about remember that Mojo does remember it's last setting and so it will always remember that it had been set lower and it will return to that blue level setting when you switch it back on.

Thanks for replying.
I was answering the question "Is anybody listen Mojo connected to integrated amplifier with output Volume higher than 3 volt?" and trying to say (although admittedly a bit ambiguously in practice), that I do not connect to my amp using 3V+, but rather at just the 2.75V that my Arcam can cope with.
To get the 2.75V (or thereabouts) I take the standard line-out, and reduce it by 2 clicks - and the Arcam seems happy with that.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #26,858 of 42,765

Thanks for replying.
I was answering the question "Is anybody listen Mojo connected to integrated amplifier with output Volume higher than 3 volt?" and trying to say (although admittedly a bit ambiguously in practice), that I do not connect to my amp using 3V+, but rather at just the 2.75V that my Arcam can cope with.
To get the 2.75V (or thereabouts) I take the standard line-out, and reduce it by 2 clicks - and the Arcam seems happy with that.

I have opposite situation. 
I have integrated tube (6sn7-6f6-300B) SE amplifier with 100K ohm input L-pad. 
I need input signal as high as possible for better Signal to Noise.
Is it a good idea to run Mojo with 4-4.5 volt output? Is Moje SQ the same with 3 vs 4.5 volt output?

In Stereophile review: "The maximum output level before waveform clipping was 4.887V"
http://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-mojo-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements#iEQeHU22YeIzqRzp.97

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #26,859 of 42,765
  I have opposite situation. 
I have integrated tube (6sn7-6f6-300B) SE amplifier with 100K ohm input L-pad. 
I need input signal as high as possible for better Signal to Noise.
Is it a good idea to run Mojo with 4-4.5 volt output? Is Moje SQ the same with 3 vs 4.5 volt output?

In Stereophile review: "The maximum output level before waveform clipping was 4.887V"
http://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-mojo-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements#iEQeHU22YeIzqRzp.97

Buried deep within post #3 is this statement
. The output is pure class A at 5v RMS into 300 ohm.

So Mojo is designed to cope with 5V output, so I would think that it will handle 4.5V ok.
However you are best to wait until some of the mojo users who use tube amps have had a chance to reply.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #26,860 of 42,765
  I will let you know. I see a pair of Gens in your pic. I dare suggest we have a very similar flavour when it comes to sound. I have the 8040 and love them. I have thought about upgrading but I think two gen subs would be a better move IMO. 

Ditto on the Dulce Bass. I would guess they have become Noble's best selling universal IEM but this is speculation. I love them. Even acoustic music sounds beautiful through them, especially with the low end kick. The bass is so natural, it has to be heard to be believed. My HD25 lack the bass but sound fine. Then on with the Noble and it simply appears out of nowhere, layers and layers rendered perfectly. No bloat at all.

I had impressions done to go all out with the Encore as I am after a bit more air with the HF. I cannot see the Encore coming close to the Dulce in the bass dept as it wouldn't make financial sense at all.   

I will revert back after "the wait" :) 

Nicely spotted! I have the M040s and I'm very happy with them. I won't be upgrading them until I move into a bigger house. Looking forward to your impressions on Encores! The Dulces out of Mojo are sublime.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #26,863 of 42,765
Hello all, new Mojo convert here. Just have to say, I tested it during an audition of some headphones and went back and forth between using and not using the Mojo with the same source material and I am a believer. It was night and day. I'm sure I'll fall down the DAC/AMP rabbit hole now but I am totally glad I got this to start.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #26,864 of 42,765
Hello all, new Mojo convert here. Just have to say, I tested it during an audition of some headphones and went back and forth between using and not using the Mojo with the same source material and I am a believer. It was night and day. I'm sure I'll fall down the DAC/AMP rabbit hole now but I am totally glad I got this to start.

Great to hear! Welcome to the club! Just out of curiosity, what did you compare Mojo against?

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #26,865 of 42,765
Hey thanks! It was a straight DAC / No DAC situation. Was auditioning with Tidal HiFi via an ipad and then through Mojo and also straight out of my Google Pixel phone with no Mojo.

Now comes the inevitable road of DAC comparisons. I guess once you go DAC you never go back. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back