Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 25, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #26,416 of 42,765
Same thing just started happening to me...

Using an Anker charger here.

Out of nowhere it shuts down and the charging led starts blinking. If I replug, the charging led doesn't blink and the mojo will work for some time just to randomly shut down and blink at some point...

Add me to this shutting down list.. I have used multiple cables and chargers, I think this could be battery issue.. if I don't get solution.. it might be time to contact Chord.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #26,417 of 42,765

Labkable Silver.

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #26,419 of 42,765
Did anyone here buy mojo from Amazon Germany? I see the price is less compared to Amazon UK.
Would appreciate if any know the units sold on Amazon Germany are the latest ones with new packing and laser engraved QR code?

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #26,420 of 42,765
Mine Mojo is among the very first batch when it launch, had a very early serial number.

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #26,421 of 42,765
  So, did they release a new version of the MOJO or what is happening?

Silence - could be the answer? 
blink.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #26,422 of 42,765
  Did anyone here buy mojo from Amazon Germany? I see the price is less compared to Amazon UK.
Would appreciate if any know the units sold on Amazon Germany are the latest ones with new packing and laser engraved QR code?

The currency fluctuations after the Brexit vote, mean that it is temporarily cheaper for Chords european dealers to buy the Mojos from Chord.
Chord have asked their european dealers to pass on this saving to their customers.
In France the price of the mojo has stayed the same, but you can buy a bundle with the mojo case, or the cable module, for only 10 euros extra - which is quite a saving.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #26,424 of 42,765
  I've got it too – received mine beginning of this week. Your number's higher than mine. Does that mean I board the escape ship ahead of you?

I can't tell if it's lasered or printed. Is the "Mojo" text lasered?

Quote:
  Here's the picture I promised of the QR code/number on my new Mojo ...

^ That looks quite strange indeed. You would think they would make the ink dark grey or something so it blends in better. 

It's not ink - it's laser-ablated.

I admit I don't know the reason for the placement, however.

Is there a new mojo or just qr code and s/n printed?

Quote:

So, did they release a new version of the MOJO or what is happening?

Only the additional laser ablated coding for better product security across regions other than typical production related modifications that play no part in the operation of the product.

ALL of the following quotes are from mid-August, so I can't help feeling a sense of...   www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2eUopy9sd8

Chinese dealer now officaily annouces: Mojo MK2 is here, surpasses the original one without consideration.

but I ain't no see nothing about this MK2 on HF, perhaps

Mojo MK2? Chord recently changed their packaging for the Mojo (In a better way) but there are no sonic improvements in the updated Mojo package. 

"Why won't JF tell us? Is it a secret?"
popcorn.gif

https://youtu.be/Fs0uXGImb2w?t=1h5m43s

LOL - a new box does not, a new Mojo, make...

Won't stop various rumours repeating for next month though :)

Quote:

nobody heard about the newer mojo?

so called mojo+?

with new packaging?

It's just new packaging it had a laser abated serial number written into the case to help us trace units

Was reading around and according to the Chinese, the Mojo with the code is the Mojo V2. It has a 20% bigger battery (longer runtime and more output power and better sound???) and the code is used for verifying authenticity.

Most Chinese retailers are selling the V2 at 470 USD and the V1 at 370 USD.

Do you mean to tell me some Chinese dealers are unscrupulously cashing-in on minor production nuances? Surely not - must be the first time I've ever heard of such a thing!
wink_face.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #26,426 of 42,765

Quote:
 It's just new packaging it had a laser abated serial number written into the case to help us trace units

Do you mean to tell me some Chinese dealers are unscrupulously cashing-in on minor production nuances? Surely not - must be the first time I've ever heard of such a thing!
wink_face.gif

Thanks for the quotes. Mojo trade volume has certainly gone down, I was worried. However, it's probably due to the fact that people are just keeping them because they are so good. My warranty is about to expire, but I will certainly keep them. I don't know if there is anything better right now for IEMs.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #26,427 of 42,765
Only the additional laser ablated coding for better product security across regions other than typical production related modifications that play no part in the operation of the product.

I take this as a *no* to the QR version as being an update internally. With the statement above, I understand it's a way for them to control authentication, think of it as a watermark.

No internal update. QR code laser is the only change made

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #26,428 of 42,765
Meh. I am as happy as I need to be with my V1!

Come on Guys, who does not really want the V2 version to compare it to the V1?
very_evil_smiley.gif

If it is any consolation, I got mine 1 week ago directly from Amazon UK and mine seems to be the V1 version.

I however notice that it charges and runs much cooler than the one I sent back in February, which ran much hotter, where I had unusual problems with charging and about 3 hours battery life.

Anyone looking for an inexpensive amp to experiment with the Mojo, might want to check out the new Fiio A5 amp, which might add some coloration and increased soundstage, etc?  

p.s. all companies in general reserve the right to change components and improve production processes, however, it may or may not alter the SQ?

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #26,430 of 42,765
  Yeah, sounds more like a story running wild in China. 

Hey, you can get a real 101% absolutely no-fake genuine Martin Guitar from China, without having to wait the 12-18 years of wood aging, at 80% less!  

If you live in a really cold place like me, you can get a just as real 101% genuine Canada Goose jacket at 85% off...just don't look at the label too closely, or...cut it open to see what is inside as "down" feathers.  

PS:

I got back my Larvricable and it now works with the updated iOS.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back