Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #25,861 of 42,765
Chord just redesigned/updated their website, definitely an improvement: 

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #25,862 of 42,765

I need to play around with it more, because I don't use line-out much.

What I'm saying is that yes, the first time I used the line-out preset (hold balls during power up) it went to the 3V setting. I turned the level down to ~2V because my amp can't handle the 3V. 

Then when I turned on normal mode (no ball holding) it went back to the 2V (and I almost blew my ears off). Now when I went back to line-out mode, it also reverted back to the 2V level, not 3V.

Again, I need to try this again, because maybe the colours confused me... Oh Mojo, why the colours... what's wrong with numbers? If he wanted to have digital control without a potentiometer, why not just a tiny display with numbers.

OK, so I was wrong...

Pushing both balls during power up will put the device in 3V line out mode every time. It's just really hard to distinguish the colours between 1.9V (=4 clicks down) and 3V.

What I was right about and what is potentially dangerous. IF you turn on the device in line-out mode, change the level to e.g. 1.9V, the next time you turn on the device in normal mode, it will be set to 1.9V!!

Very True... Now every time i use 4 clicks down from line level.. i have to keep this in mind.. so that next time i turn on the Mojo. i have to lower the volume else i will end up frying my ears or my earbuds !

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #25,864 of 42,765
Nov 16, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #25,865 of 42,765
  Very True... Now every time i use 4 clicks down from line level.. i have to keep this in mind.. so that next time i turn on the Mojo. i have to lower the volume else i will end up frying my ears or my earbuds !

Yup... I had a blast of music played back to me at 2V through my super sensitive Shures... Not nice... Luckily I pressed play, thought about what was gonna happen, pressed pause again immediately... but a 1 second blast still made it through.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #25,866 of 42,765

Yup... I had a blast of music played back to me at 2V through my super sensitive Shures... Not nice... Luckily I pressed play, thought about what was gonna happen, pressed pause again immediately... but a 1 second blast still made it through.

Oh gosh 2 vrms on sensitive IEMs... i presume you won't get tinnitus because of this incident :D

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #25,868 of 42,765

Thanks for your help..
mine is 8010 model not the G versions....

i will do some testing.....this weekend with these settings

Genelec 8010 deliver 100dBSPL at 1 meter with -6dBu input level( 0.38Vrms ).
If Mojo is directly feeding them, I would suggest to set it around 20dB/clicks below the 3Vrms.
Rgds.
Enjoy :headphones:

I had asked this same questions in Genelec official forum(10 months back) and the representative said 3V rms is no issue for F One SUB and 8010.. 

But anyways i will for sure do some testing this weekend :D

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #25,869 of 42,765
I had asked this same questions in Genelec official forum(10 months back) and the [COLOR=222222]representative [/COLOR]said 3V rms is no issue for F One SUB and 8010.. 

But anyways i will for sure do some testing this weekend :D

Fine. No use to worry then :wink:.
Mojo's output level has no sweet spots per se. The only thing you have to take care is to be under clipping voltage. Since active speakers present an impedance of 10kOhms, Mojo is not clipping even at max output.
Regarding your monitors, they have external 10 dB attenuator switch added apparently with sufficient internal attenuation stages.
Enjoy your testing & listening :slight_smile:.

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #25,870 of 42,765

I had asked this same questions in Genelec official forum(10 months back) and the representative said 3V rms is no issue for F One SUB and 8010.. 

But anyways i will for sure do some testing this weekend
biggrin.gif

Fine. No use to worry then :wink:.
Mojo's output level has no sweet spots per se. The only thing you have to take care is to be under clipping voltage. Since active speakers present an impedance of 10kOhms, Mojo is not clipping even at max output.
Regarding your monitors, they have external 10 dB attenuator switch added apparently with sufficient internal attenuation stages.
Enjoy your testing & listening :slight_smile:.

Thanks for your such useful tech info.. thank you.
Fyi.. i know nothing abt music and all tech specs you mentioned :) .. i just bought Mojo and Genelecs for causal listening :D .. I am so lucky and glad i found Headfi 1 year back !

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #25,871 of 42,765
Thanks for your such useful tech info.. thank you.
Fyi.. i know nothing abt music and all tech specs you mentioned :) .. i just bought Mojo and Genelecs for causal listening :D .. I am so lucky and glad i found Headfi 1 year back !

I'm using mojo with a pair of elevate 5 actives

Nov 16, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #25,872 of 42,765
Nov 16, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #25,873 of 42,765
How many of you like the Chord Mojo case. Is the case worth the 100 bucks and does it seem robust?

The official case is outstanding and very robust. Well worth the asking price. The only shame is it wasn't available at launch because I dropped my first one while caseless and it got a small dent. The case adds more grip and would've protected it. Sadly that unit was subsequently stolen (yes I was almost suicidally depressed for a while until I got a replacement). My second unit is cased so it'll remain pristine.

The other benefit of the case that probably isn't often mentioned is it prevents accidental presses of the buttons because they're just that bit more receded and harder to press. If anything this was probably the only design problem or annoyance in a caseless Mojo; that I found myself accidentally pressing the buttons while holding it in use (putting volume up or down or turning it off or on) but that is solved with the case.

The case is a fitting complement to an outstanding DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back