Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 16, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #25,876 of 42,765

@Mojo ideas Is there any chance of you making a case that includes the Mojo with the add on module?

Mojo Ideas replied to me when I asked if there would be a case to encompass Mojo and SD-card module. Answer, "Yes".

There was a bit of non-official discussion on this, a year ago - Chord may have different plans now (perhaps not so many modules on the drawing board), but I still anticipate an extended case of some description, to see the light of day, in due course:

. This one is option 3 our favourite option one was disregarded earlier

My vote also goes to this design.

I'd like the silver Mojo which seems to be lurking inside as well please.:hugging:

However what happens (to either solution) if someone wants to clip on one of the proposed add-on modules?

Ian

I don't anticipate that those cases will be particularly expensive - therefore, it might be quite viable to produce standard-sized versions and also extended versions, to simultaneously encompass both the Mojo and an attached add-on module. This could also confer a nice benefit of reinforcing the 'join' between the Mojo and the add-on.

(Image credit - Drew  @ Moonaudio)

This is just for fun, so excuse the roughness of this photoshopped mock-up, but this is the kind of thing I was imagining:

Already imagined and more but it can't be quite like that as there are four different module to accommodate it's being refined and costed but it's great you guys can get a hint of where we are going with mojo it's more of a system that a product. But please be patient we want to get all this really right and not just okay.

The following comment, from John Franks, is mid 2016:

my thoughts, too....esp for $100

and if that add-on comes out shortly
what happens then?

Because we have the extender module and the more complex modules underway it's was always our plan to offer a well made longer case too.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #25,879 of 42,765
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VH8G1SY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7bklyb58VBF7K

Has anyone tried one of these Anker chargers to use with the Mojo and other devices? Mojo arrives Friday, debating picking one of these up to charge all my devices.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #25,880 of 42,765
Next year sounds worse

Not sure who it was that answered you. Probably one of our production guys as the phones divert to anyone if lines are busy. Anyhow the answer was incorrect. I'm pleased to announce some great news. We hope to be launching something totally new at the CES in LasVegas that has never been considered possible. We truly hope it will encompass a few dreams and unfulfilled wishes for our current and future Mojo users.:flag_gb::nerd::champagne:

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #25,882 of 42,765
Nov 16, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #25,884 of 42,765
If @Maxh22 can stay that excited until CES, then he perhaps deserves the Best Offbeat Product award. 
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #25,885 of 42,765
Not sure who it was that answered you. Probably one of our production guys as the phones divert to anyone if lines are busy. Anyhow the answer was incorrect. I'm pleased to announce some great news. We hope to be launching something totally new at the CES in LasVegas that has never been considered possible. We truly hope it will encompass a few dreams and unfulfilled wishes for our current and future Mojo users.:flag_gb::nerd::champagne:

In that case, if the 'mystery' product will not be in the shops till after CES, that leaves us all with the big question of which Chord products to buy in the interim, for ourselves for Christmas. What a conundrum.
confused.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #25,886 of 42,765
If anyone here runs UAPP on Android, with Tidal, and is in the mood to spare half an hour to help others, please PM me.

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #25,888 of 42,765
  I wonder what they are coming out with? I hope it's a modular dap that Mojo attaches too 
etysmile.gif

JF is a tease - the 'never been considered possible' phrase eliminates many thoughts.

I started wondering about a dap, with a similar form factor to a smartphone, but with a slide in FPGA dac module. As the FPGAs get more powerful, then you could just slide a new module in - all the screen, power supply, battery, input selection circuitry, could stay the same. 
It sounds enticing, but it has already been done a few months ago for a phone - so JF must be talking about something even more novel.

But if you change the smartphone sized form factor slightly, and include slots for bluetooth modules, memory cards, optical connector modules, usb connectors, AOIP module even, then you could tailor your dap by changing a module whenever you wanted, and that would be novel.
@maxh22 you may be right.

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #25,889 of 42,765

JF is a tease - the 'never been considered possible' phrase eliminates many thoughts.

I started wondering about a dap, with a similar form factor to a smartphone, but with a slide in FPGA dac module. As the FPGAs get more powerful, then you could just slide a new module in - all the screen, power supply, battery, input selection circuitry, could stay the same. 
It sounds enticing, but it has already been done a few months ago for a phone - so JF must be talking about something even more novel.

But if you change the smartphone sized form factor slightly, and include slots for bluetooth modules, memory cards, optical connector modules, usb connectors, AOIP module even, then you could tailor your dap by changing a module whenever you wanted, and that would be novel.
@maxh22 you may be right.

I have been thinking about the modular dap idea for some time now. I imagined a device with a nice user interface, streaming service compatable, clean optical outputs to get rid of RF, and most importantly completely mobile. This would be the full 'Mobilejoy' implementation if such a device existed.

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #25,890 of 42,765
  I have been thinking about the modular dap idea for some time now. I imagined a device with a nice user interface, streaming service compatable, clean optical outputs to get rid of RF, and most importantly completely mobile. This would be the full 'Mobilejoy' implementation if such a device existed.

That would be rather awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back