Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 14, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #24,076 of 42,765
Hello everyone! So I have a question... I have an Ak100ii... I've seen a few people running it with a chord mojo... my question is why? It seems by doing that the Ak100ii just becomes a very expensive music storage device... does the chord mojo offer a better sound presentation than the AK100ii?

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #24,078 of 42,765

Grumpy, some people had the AK100ii before the Mojo and might happen to enjoy the interface. There's also the group of people who would rather keep their phone as a phone, especially after hearing notifications blast in your ear when listening to music. Personally, I prefer the Mojo's sound quality over the AK240. It's clearly better to my ears, and for those that would scoff at the notion the Mojo might have better audible sound quality just know that it measures much better as well (but I obviously don't exclusively listen to measurements). I don't see the point in questioning others preferences, and purchasing a different piece of gear isn't exactly cheaper than using what one may already have.

If there were a worthy transport that was relatively inexpensive I know I'd be all over it. I hope FiiO ends up making their T3 as it seems exactly like what users are looking for.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #24,079 of 42,765
Grumpy, some people had the AK100ii before the Mojo and might happen to enjoy the interface. There's also the group of people who would rather keep their phone as a phone, especially after hearing notifications blast in your ear when listening to music. Personally, I prefer the Mojo's sound quality over the AK240. It's clearly better to my ears, and for those that would scoff at the notion the Mojo might have better audible sound quality just know that it measures much better as well (but I obviously don't exclusively listen to measurements). I don't see the point in questioning others preferences, and purchasing a different piece of gear isn't exactly cheaper than using what one may already have.

Stop trying to act like everything I say is an attack.

A poster made an observation and I simply agreed with it and the precision with which he said it. No need to make a grandoise statement about it.

If you have a personal problem with my comments, feel free to PM me.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #24,080 of 42,765
  If you order from him just forget about it coming and be happily surprised when it shows up.  Don't try and contact him because 95% of the time he won't reply.  It's a crap shoot with him.  I recommend any future cable purchases be made elsewhere.  The guy just has horrible communication skills.

I'm aware of that, just wanted to know if he decided to be a decent seller again.

It's hard to find as reasonable priced interconnect cables elsewhere. (Audio Sanctuary $50, Moon Audio $85+)

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #24,081 of 42,765

Nah, I think he's just told us how much he spends on food in a month...

I doubt even LeBron James will spend that much on food every month 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #24,082 of 42,765

If there were a worthy transport that was relatively inexpensive I know I'd be all over it. I hope FiiO ends up making their T3 as it seems exactly like what users are looking for.

Any idea for a phone with USB OTG support, I ca buy used. Just looking for cheap options

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #24,083 of 42,765
Bingo.

It can of course still do EQ for example, but there are far cheaper options for it.
EQ ? Ak dap cant EQ while connected to the Mojo. Plus AK has a horrible EQ.They did that stack cause of similar size not cause it sounded the best. Issue was yes similar size but now a big fat stack.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #24,084 of 42,765
EQ ? Ak dap cant EQ while connected to the Mojo. Plus AK has a horrible EQ.They did that stack cause of similar size not cause it sounded the best. Issue was yes similar size but now a big fat stack.

Fair enough. I didn't know that about EQ on AK devices. The parametric EQ in UAPP is one of my favorite and most used features, I figured a DAP as expensive as an AK would have a similar (or better) feature.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #24,085 of 42,765
Stop trying to act like everything I say is an attack.

A poster made an observation and I simply agreed with it and the precision with which he said it. No need to make a grandoise statement about it.

If you have a personal problem with my comments, feel free to PM me.

What? Just offering a different perspective as to why one might use an expensive DAP with the Mojo (especially if they already own one that can be used), and at the same time I shared my opinion of the SQ in comparison as that is what was being asked. If you felt that was a reaction to an attack perhaps re-read my posts with a neutral tone.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #24,086 of 42,765
Fair enough. I didn't know that about EQ on AK devices. The parametric EQ in UAPP is one of my favorite and most used features, I figured a DAP as expensive as an AK would have a similar (or better) feature.

Actually, the AK240 can use EQ when connected to the Mojo with optical. I'm testing it right now and indeed it works, at least on files up to 24/192. Also just tested on DSD64 which works as well, but the AK240 outputs DSD as 176.4 PCM. I can't speak for the other AK models though.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #24,087 of 42,765
Actually, the AK240 can use EQ when connected to the Mojo with optical. I'm testing it right now and indeed it works, at least on files up to 24/192. Also just tested on DSD64 which works as well, but the AK240 outputs DSD as 176.4 PCM. I can't speak for the other AK models though.
Thats good news. When I used my 120II with the Mojo the EQ didnt do anything nor did the 100II. Guess Ill go to some shops and demo a 240. Sucks two weeks ago I connected a 240 Blue versuin to my Hugo but I didnt try using the EQ.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #24,088 of 42,765
Thats good news. When I used my 120II with the Mojo the EQ didnt do anything nor did the 100II. Guess Ill go to some shops and demo a 240. Sucks two weeks ago I connected a 240 Blue versuin to my Hugo but I didnt try using the EQ.

FYI it does have a drop of around -4dB (guessing here) when the EQ is engaged, even with a flat EQ, more than likely for clipping headroom when using EQ.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #24,089 of 42,765

Okay so you and Relic seem to have the AK/mojo combination... is there a noticeable sound difference with the standalone DAP and it paired with the mojo? I'm just trying to get an educational understanding behind the set up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back