Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 14, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #24,061 of 42,765
Maybe but 2, 3 or 5 times the price?!?

I'd argue the Mojo is the more versatile device. Can be paired with lots of humble devices, in my case. CD or Dvd player an old ipod (via dock), TV and phone and give first class sound quality for headphones or even as part of a Hifi system?

When the module is available the Mojo should be able to perform the mobile duties of the High End Players I would have thought

I definitely agree that some (I'm looking at you AK) are very overpriced for what they are.

Versatility has little to do with the BOM, tool licensing, or design and verification engineering hours though.

I don't know anything about the SD module, so I won't comment on it... It could be possible that it will turn the Mojo into a baby-DAP that would outperform some or many players. It remains to be seen.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #24,064 of 42,765

No, the Mojo, and all Chord DACs, are single ended. There is no benefit to plugging the separate headphone jacks to your stereo. Even the RCA output measures better, except for Voltage output, than the XLR output (which is derived from the SE out) in the Hugo TT and DAVE.

As for your connection to the phone, you are likely hearing cellular interference and/or a loose connection with the USB cable in the Mojo input. Unfortunately this loose connection can happen with some USB connectors.

As for charging, yes, you would connect to both the USB ports to charge and listen at the same time. The fact that it takes a long time to charge is not surprising as PC USB ports are not high current ports, especially when you are drawing power while listening. Try using a sperate 2A 5V USB charger plugged into the wall instead. Often times manufacturers may overstate their charger specs, so even though the charger is rated at 1A output they may not quite deliver that amount of current.

Thanks for clarifying the misconception. I will try to play the music putting my phone into Airplane mode and see the results, cables, on the other hand, are brand new to be regarded as loose.

I do have a Samsung Note 3 charger that is 2A, I was afraid to rapid charge Mojo and ruin the battery, was using Samsung S3 charger LOL 

How could the battery be so good on this device? Any specification? I want to buy a replacement for the future :D I am so happy to revisit my music from decades ago.

I think I would go out buy the Hugo soon, someone please stop me. This is what happens to me all the time. 

Rob could have designed a quarter inch jack port, my adapter is about 5 inches long.

I think it was strongly advised to get as a flexible adapter. I have the Grado Mini Adapter Cable for example. Thus not to put pressure on the Mojo ports.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #24,065 of 42,765

Thanks for clarifying the misconception. I will try to play the music putting my phone into Airplane mode and see the results, cables, on the other hand, are brand new to be regarded as loose.

I do have a Samsung Note 3 charger that is 2A, I was afraid to rapid charge Mojo and ruin the battery, was using Samsung S3 charger LOL 

How could the battery be so good on this device? Any specification? I want to buy a replacement for the future :D I am so happy to revisit my music from decades ago.

I think I would go out buy the Hugo soon, someone please stop me. This is what happens to me all the time. 

Rob could have designed a quarter inch jack port, my adapter is about 5 inches long.

I started out using the VOOC rapic charger from my OPPO HA2, but I think Rob Watts posted about the risks of using chargers which greatly exceed 5V. So I reverted to using the standard samsung charger that came with my Note 3 (I had to change the USB 3 lead, but that was all), and I have experienced no problems.

I also use the Grado flexible adaptor cable to connect my headphones, and that works well.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #24,070 of 42,765
  Does anyone receive orders from Dyson Audio recently?

If you order from him just forget about it coming and be happily surprised when it shows up.  Don't try and contact him because 95% of the time he won't reply.  It's a crap shoot with him.  I recommend any future cable purchases be made elsewhere.  The guy just has horrible communication skills.

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #24,072 of 42,765

You just told us how much you earn in one month 
blink.gif
  Which is a lot...

Nah, I think he's just told us how much he spends on food in a month...

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #24,073 of 42,765
Quick question re: coaxials. For hooking up a Mojo to a Bluesound Node 2, am I right in thinking that this:

1. http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/custom-cable-cc35-3.5mm-coaxial-cable.html

...with a 3.5mm jack one end and an RCA the other would be what I'm after? I emailed Audio Sanctuary earlier today, but they never got back to me.

The Node 2 has what I'd consider to be a 'normal' coaxial output – but I guess there are lots of types out there that I don't know about! Here's a pic of its connections:

Thanks in advance!

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #24,074 of 42,765
Quick question re: coaxials. For hooking up a Mojo to a Bluesound Node 2, am I right in thinking that this:

...with a 3.5mm jack one end and an RCA the other would be what I'm after? I emailed Audio Sanctuary earlier today, but they never got back to me.

The Node 2 has what I'd consider to be a 'normal' coaxial output – but I guess there are lots of types out there that I don't know about! Here's a pic of its connections:

Thanks in advance!

That's an analogue cable for connecting the DAC to output to am amplifier not a digital input which I believe you are looking for?

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #24,075 of 42,765
Does it have an optical out?

Optical cables are as cheap as chips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back