Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 13, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #24,031 of 42,765
Mojo is much much smaller than I had imagined at first. 

By the way, a cable that is even a little faulty will result in a unit not working? 

I went to a demo store to demo a mojo. It did not work from X5ii, Xiaomi mi max and HTC 820. X5II was coaux -> RCA , RCA -> Mojo coaux input. No sound coming from mojo

Either phone using an OTG cable to mojo resulted in phones seeing some king of connection, but instead of mojo working, they seen only something like car adapter or something and music was coming out of phone's speakers... 

Tried with onkyo app, neutron, poweramp.

Is there something to be done to make it work ? (To know for when I go to demo one next time!)

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #24,032 of 42,765
  Mojo is much much smaller than I had imagined at first. 

By the way, a cable that is even a little faulty will result in a unit not working? 

I went to a demo store to demo a mojo. It did not work from X5ii, Xiaomi mi max and HTC 820. X5II was coaux -> RCA , RCA -> Mojo coaux input. No sound coming from mojo

Either phone using an OTG cable to mojo resulted in phones seeing some king of connection, but instead of mojo working, they seen only something like car adapter or something and music was coming out of phone's speakers... 

Tried with onkyo app, neutron, poweramp.

Is there something to be done to make it work ? (To know for when I go to demo one next time!)

The coax out of X5 is a bit different from the usual coax cable. Refer to the first page for the exact cable you need. I think the regular 3.5mm line out cable will work for X5 -> Mojo.

As for USB, Not all Android phone supports USB Audio. Usually, only the flagship model from each manufacturers work. There is a thread here somewhere which have a list of android phones that work with USB Audio.

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #24,035 of 42,765
I need a short otg cable to connect ak70 and mojo. Any recommendations that i can buy it from the us ? The one from moon audio is too expensive.

Penonaudio, they are on EBAY too.. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #24,037 of 42,765
Even though the player may show the bit rate and sample rate of the file it is playing that does not mean it is the same sampling rate that it is outputting. Many players will convert to a lower sampling rate PCM when outputting though the digital output. Mojo simply reports what it gets.

You are right playing the same file from foobar I got the White light.

By the way I am more and more in love with this little beast even It is expensive for my budget It is one of a best buy I have made for a long time absolutely worthy.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #24,038 of 42,765
I'll buy the DAVE in a heartbeat if I win the EuroJackpot. I might buy a headphone or two to go with it, too..
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #24,041 of 42,765
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #24,042 of 42,765

Hemmm... switch the Mojo on?

Lol sorry, just a stupid joke...

Don't worry about it, at first I imagined that the balls roll because they change something when rolling (like it was on Hugo lol)

The coax out of X5 is a bit different from the usual coax cable. Refer to the first page for the exact cable you need. I think the regular 3.5mm line out cable will work for X5 -> Mojo.

As for USB, Not all Android phone supports USB Audio. Usually, only the flagship model from each manufacturers work. There is a thread here somewhere which have a list of android phones that work with USB Audio.

I didn't know that...

What is strange though is that both phones worked fine with E18 from Fiio which is DAC + AMP, but neither worked with OPPO HA2 or Mojo. 

In another order of thoughts, For X5ii I made sure I used the intended cables found in the package, the same cables I used when connecting it to Hugo and Hugo worked...

No idea why it didn't work, but it seems that not all phones work with it, and it's sad since it looked very interesting. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #24,044 of 42,765
I didn't know that...

What is strange though is that both phones worked fine with E18 from Fiio which is DAC + AMP, but neither worked with OPPO HA2 or Mojo. 

In another order of thoughts, For X5ii I made sure I used the intended cables found in the package, the same cables I used when connecting it to Hugo and Hugo worked...

No idea why it didn't work, but it seems that not all phones work with it, and it's sad since it looked very interesting. 

George, it works, I've tested the Mojo using the supplied TRRS to RCA coaxial adaptor to RCA to another TS adaptor to the Mojo. The Mojo end is a standard mono TS jack where the X5ii has the lineout shared with coaxial. Make absolutely sure you are using the supplied TRRS adaptor that came with the X5ii as the coaxial signal is on the Sleeve and the ground is on Ring 2.

Yes, it works

Or you can use a cable like this one from Dyson Audio.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #24,045 of 42,765
  Guys, I received a PM from an angel, how to make Mojo sound like Hugo, looks like my money is saved :D Regarding Dave, I will wait for my lottery and not starve myself. 

Neat! Keep it a secret! Thats not the kind of information you want all of us to have access to!

Care to share?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back