Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 13, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #24,016 of 42,765
No, the Mojo, and all Chord DACs, are single ended. There is no benefit to plugging the separate headphone jacks to your stereo. Even the RCA output measures better, except for Voltage output, than the XLR output (which is derived from the SE out) in the Hugo TT and DAVE.

As for your connection to the phone, you are likely hearing cellular interference and/or a loose connection with the USB cable in the Mojo input. Unfortunately this loose connection can happen with some USB connectors.

As for charging, yes, you would connect to both the USB ports to charge and listen at the same time. The fact that it takes a long time to charge is not surprising as PC USB ports are not high current ports, especially when you are drawing power while listening. Try using a sperate 2A 5V USB charger plugged into the wall instead. Often times manufacturers may overstate their charger specs, so even though the charger is rated at 1A output they may not quite deliver that amount of current.

Thanks for clarifying the misconception. I will try to play the music putting my phone into Airplane mode and see the results, cables, on the other hand, are brand new to be regarded as loose.

I do have a Samsung Note 3 charger that is 2A, I was afraid to rapid charge Mojo and ruin the battery, was using Samsung S3 charger LOL 

How could the battery be so good on this device? Any specification? I want to buy a replacement for the future :D I am so happy to revisit my music from decades ago.

I think I would go out buy the Hugo soon, someone please stop me. This is what happens to me all the time. 

Rob could have designed a quarter inch jack port, my adapter is about 5 inches long.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #24,017 of 42,765
Thanks for clarifying the misconception. I will try to play the music putting my phone into Airplane mode and see the results, cables, on the other hand, are brand new to be regarded as loose.

I do have a Samsung Note 3 charger that is 2A, I was afraid to rapid charge Mojo and ruin the battery, was using Samsung S3 charger LOL 

How could the battery be so good on this device? Any specification? I want to buy a replacement for the future :D I am so happy to revisit my music from decades ago.

I think I would go out buy the Hugo soon, someone please stop me. This is what happens to me all the time. 

Rob could have designed a quarter inch jack port, my adapter is about 5 inches long.

Jump right to the Dave :grinning:

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #24,018 of 42,765

Chord had the battery made over a three year period of development to meet the thermal and power output requirements for the Mojo. The battery is specifically made for Mojo and you won't find a better one on the market cording to Chord. They have also said that with normal use you can expect over ten years total battery life. If, in the off chance your battery fails, Chord or an authorized dealer will replace the battery. Known specifications are the battery is a Li-Po battery with 14W hours. You can find these answers in the third post of this thread (as the thread title suggests) under battery and charging section. Highly recommend you read this to answer your questions.

Regarding loose USB, it has nothing to do with how new it is but the tolerance between USB connectors and the Mojo's USB input. Some are simply loose.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #24,020 of 42,765
Chord had the battery made over a three year period of development to meet the thermal and power output requirements for the Mojo. The battery is specifically made for Mojo and you won't find a better one on the market cording to Chord. They have also said that with normal use you can expect over ten years total battery life. If, in the off chance your battery fails, Chord or an authorized dealer will replace the battery. Known specifications are the battery is a Li-Po battery with 14W hours. You can find these answers in the third post of this thread (as the thread title suggests) under battery and charging section. Highly recommend you read this to answer your questions.

Regarding loose USB, it has nothing to do with how new it is but the tolerance between USB connectors and the Mojo's USB input. Some are simply loose.

Honestly speaking, I have got all the information I need, I'll still save the third post somewhere. Thank you.

I'll see you in ten years!

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #24,021 of 42,765
I have some DSD file on the DX90 they  show:

sample rate 2822.4KHZ

Bit Rate: 1 Bit

Bps 5644 Bauds

but the light on the Mojo is orange Should not be white?

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #24,022 of 42,765
  Hey guys!

I sold my FiiO X7 to buy a Mojo.

It's enroute to me as we speak, and I'm excited! 

Congrats on your Mojo.

I have both, they complement each other quite nicely IMHO. (mojo-desktop, x7-mobile)

Oftentimes I find I'm using one while the other is charging.

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #24,023 of 42,765

I have always been a budget buyer, considering the price, I will starve for 2 months to afford a DAVE, or I'll have to sell my Utopia :D

You just told us how much you earn in one month 
blink.gif
  Which is a lot...

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #24,024 of 42,765
You just told us how much you earn in one month :blink:   Which is a lot...

I know... Isn't that great? I struggle to touch 4 and that's with owning a small seasonal business. I can't even think of even considering such a nice product as Dave. I wonder how it sounds...

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #24,025 of 42,765
I have some DSD file on the DX90 they  show:

sample rate 2822.4KHZ

Bit Rate: 1 Bit

Bps 5644 Bauds

but the light on the Mojo is orange Should not be white?

Even though the player may show the bit rate and sample rate of the file it is playing that does not mean it is the same sampling rate that it is outputting. Many players will convert to a lower sampling rate PCM when outputting through the digital output. Mojo simply reports what it gets.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #24,029 of 42,765
:beerchug:  definitely, mojo is no slouch thats for sure.

i wonder where all the other content mojo owners have gone to from this thread? just seems to be the same questions asked over.

Either enjoying themselves in a troubleshooting free melody bliss with mojo, or moved on to better Hugo things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back