Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 9, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #23,806 of 42,765
Hugo has it's own set of issues. Treble glare and poor headstage. Mojo at least has a listenable timbre.
And yes, for something like the 650/800 it's a bit anaemic and results in flat dynamics even though plenty loud.
Treble glare ? I never heard of that and I guess it depends on your iem,headphone, or belief. I have both and I enjoy both. For me the Hugo sounds perfect.

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #23,807 of 42,765
Treble glare ? I never heard of that and I guess it depends on your iem,headphone, or belief. I have both and I enjoy both. For me the Hugo sounds perfect.

Same here.
I had the 650, never felt the need of more power.
But maybe my ear is not as sensitive as others.

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #23,808 of 42,765
On the topic of cases, I have been using FiiO HS7 Dual-layered Hard Carrying Case, as it works well when MoJo is in the Chord leather skin.

One needs to protect those ports.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #23,809 of 42,765

Also individual tolerances and point of reference.
Eg-An O2 owner will never realize how mediocre it sounds unless he hears something better.I used to be one of them.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #23,811 of 42,765
Just dropping into ask, when's the SD card dodad coming out, and will it have EQ options. I suppose this is really aimed at Rob Watts, can you me?

Possibly Q2 2017

I doubt the module will have any EQ capability of its own.
wow superb, let me have some patience...
m waiting...waiiting.....

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #23,813 of 42,765
Sonically both mojo Hugo seems to be on par . But the price difference between the both is .....:xf_eek:

Is that your view after listening to them both? What iem or headphone made them sound on a par?

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #23,814 of 42,765
treble glare by hugo ? never heard it before mentioned by someone. today I was listening to some dsd128 tracks of Fiona joy Hawkins . I would it was one of the most musical experience though hugo. mojo is extremely good but hugo does it better imho.

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #23,815 of 42,765
Is that your view after listening to them both? What iem or headphone made them sound on a par?

Am using ASG 2.5 . Look at my words , I say it seems , not actually or definitely in any way .
It sounds on par on my cheapo ears .
Both are great chord . Sincerely I love to have both , as much as I would love to have the Hugo cos it's got Bluetooth in it and I'm a Bluetooth guy otg , it's the cost that set me back for now .

I will bring it home in the near future , and that's for sure :wink:

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #23,816 of 42,765
Am using ASG 2.5 . Look at my words , I say it seems , not actually or definitely in any way .
It sounds on par on my cheapo ears .

I looked exactly at your words, why you think I didn't read? That's why I was curious if you had listened or based it on heresay.

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #23,817 of 42,765
I looked exactly at your words, why you think I didn't read? That's why I was curious if you had listened or based it on heresay.

Of course I had demo it in store before I make my decision to bring the mojo home .
Sonically , both are very much similar with my cheapo ears .
That's my opinion . Everyone else experience might differ :wink:

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #23,818 of 42,765
Of course I had demo it in store before I make my decision to bring the mojo home .
Sonically , both are very much similar with my cheapo ears .
That's my opinion . Everyone else experience might differ :wink:

Not really 'of course' because many make assumptions based on others views in forums :). That's fine but doesn't tell the whole story as you know, because you demoed. I'm glad you listened and saved yourself money. There was a groundswell of opinion when Mojo came out it was better than Hugo. Now there are many who are finding Hugo is preferable. I have always believed it to be so but personal preference and iem synergy is different for everybody. If you can afford both, you did the right thing hearing both, and if one not significantly better with your gear, picked the one with better interface (storing previous input etc) and better value for money, if you don't need extra inputs and Bluetooth.

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #23,819 of 42,765
Not really 'of course' because many make assumptions based on others views in forums :). That's fine but doesn't tell the whole story as you know, because you demoed. I'm glad you listened and saved yourself money. There was a groundswell of opinion when Mojo came out it was better than Hugo. Now there are many who are finding Hugo is preferable. I have always believed it to be so but personal preference and iem synergy is different for everybody. If you can afford both, you did the right thing hearing both, and if one not significantly better with your gear, picked the one with better interface (storing previous input etc) and better value for money, if you don't need extra inputs and Bluetooth.

Ha , sonically I hear not much huge difference in both on my ears with my beloved ASG 2.5 .
If money is not a issue , I would bring the Hugo home with me not the mojo as Hugo is much preferred choice ( aptx Bluetooth enabled ) for me as my primary audio usage is mostly otg .
It's the Hugo price tag which makes me goes with the mojo .

But I'm satisfied for now , otg I have the sound blaster E5 on aptx enabled Bluetooth with my mobile to accompany me daily to commute around .
At home I got both the mojo and E5 to serve my audio needs .

Hugo can wait :wink:

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #23,820 of 42,765
Just remember any case should have an extra 1" of length due to extending org or cck cable, if using the new extendor.

thank you for the info!
not using the new extendor; the cases were for storing or transporting the mojo, just to keep it safe from dust or moisture. they are a bit tight to store more things.
(this little pretty bug is looking at me from its resting place..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back