Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 8, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #23,776 of 42,765
It's because they don't function properly. There's been too many cases of the same thing said over and over (I was one of those cases), maybe it's time the link gets removed from the 3rd post?

sent them an email yesterday asking if there's a known issue with iOS 10 and... no reply (so far) :frowning2:
let's wait a few more days then... yes: I think too removing the link is a good idea :wink:

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #23,777 of 42,765
sent them an email yesterday asking if there's a known issue with iOS 10 and... no reply (so far) :frowning2:
let's wait a few more days then... yes: I think too removing the link is a good idea :wink:
He's an honest seller and will offer to send you another cable in exchange for your current one. Only drawbacks are the replacement cables are more than likely as good as the first one and you have to pay for shipping.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #23,778 of 42,765
He's an honest seller and will offer to send you another cable in exchange for your current one. Only drawbacks are the replacement cables are more than likely as good as the first one and you have to pay for shipping.

just got an email from Konstantin :)
he asked me about iOS version and what was happening. told him the cable doesn't work anymore and that, actually, was acting up since the beginning and, sometimes, I had to unplug/replug everything.

if it's confirmed the issue has nothing to do with iOS 10... I'll ask Matt (ForzaAudio Works) for one of his cables :wink:
really don't want (unless I *have* to) go the CCK route (without or without that ridiculous plastic case Chord just released for it :rolleyes: )

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #23,779 of 42,765
  Hi,
I want to ask, how to set setting in foobar2000 to play native dsd via mojo?
I already doing all I can do, after googling for some moments, still can't solve my problem playing dsd files from my laptop.
please enlighten me
thanks

i went through the DSD on foobar2000 guide and found them not entirely accurate, the new suggestion should be:

1.output method: foo_dsd_asio
2. asio driver: ASIO Chord, playback method DoP marker
3. FS: both DSD256, transition 0ms
4. SACD : DSD

now instead of a red LED, im getting white, DSD translation success

No problems here either, then again I had to reinstall windows quite recently.. Haven't figured out how to play DSD yet with the free sample album though. I followed the instructions on some webpage but Mojo is still red.

I was trying to play DSD256 from sample album and getting red light as well. The posts above helped me to solve the problem. (follow the steps in post#2, screenshots in post #1 will help you to understand) Happy listening! 

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #23,781 of 42,765
Need a hard durable case to Cary and protect Mojo and an ciem, one that when I put mojo, ciem, cable doesn't rattle and doesn't move anything inside... What do you guys carry? Any pictures?

Yes, please take a look at Pelican 1020 and 1040 cases, linked in post #3

I also have the Pelican 1020 and find it fits perfect when put sideways, very snug and doesn't move. Could add some foam to stop my SE846 from moving around though.

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #23,785 of 42,765
Plenty of options here:

http://www.pelican.com/us/en/products/watertight-protector-hard-cases/

Look on Amazon or eBay, or similar online retailers, to buy them.

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #23,789 of 42,765
Just dropping into ask, when's the SD card dodad coming out, and will it have EQ options. I suppose this is really aimed at Rob Watts, can you me?

Possibly Q2 2017

I doubt the module will have any EQ capability of its own.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #23,790 of 42,765
I thought I'd explain why I'm returning my Mojo and buying a Hugo.

While the Mojo can be fantastic with some music and the exceptional timing is pleasing and low fatigue, with IE800s I find this is spoilt by overly warm low-mids and elevated bass, making it frustratingly hit-and-miss depending on the song. While the specs and reviews suggest it has plenty of power to drive the HD650 + HD800 I cannot live with it. I find it anaemic, lacking weight, clarity and commitment. While the gap is smaller with IEMs, the Hugo is worlds apart with the HD800.

The Hugo blitzes my Benchmark DAC1 + Graham Slee Solo + PSU1 with additional emotion, superior timing and placement, and yet it is semi-portable. It's a complete breakthrough being able to get superior analytical listening anywhere in the house without dragging power cables and multiple boxes around. I find the Mojo awkward for proper portable use with an Apple device due to the cables, so I've ended up just plugging the IE800s straight into the phone when walking around or on local public transport and only using the Mojo where I have a desk or tray - train, plane, office, home, where a Hugo would be fine. The Mojo advantage then comes purely down to cost, but given the Hugo will replace my home setup, in my situation it ends up being better value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back