Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 19, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #21,451 of 42,765
We at Chord would be very interested in talking to a good ultra reliable cable maker able to make a micro USB to lightning camera type that is about 200 mm long we have an requirement coming up for about thirty pieces then there would be an on going general purchase requirement for high volumes of longer than usual cables

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #21,452 of 42,765
QED? Worth a chat with Steve Reichert at Armour

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #21,453 of 42,765
. I cannot stress more firmly than this. I'm sorry for this my next response! Please do not use these external power supplies. If you do you maybe risking seriously damaging your Chord units and it will be on our shoulders to repair the mess they've caused. Companies that make these products are often not capable of analysing what they trying to achieve. Also the Companies producing these units will often propose that their power supplies can improve the performance of chords designs which is total nonsense. Therefore we strongly recomend you save your money and disregard the complete twaddle put about by these companies. After all had their engineering capabilities been good enough they would be producing complete products rather than just parisitising ours. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm annoyed it's because I am!
thanks. Will save the money.

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #21,454 of 42,765
Apparently the upcoming Shanling M1 can do digital out through USB-C and it is tiny...

Neat little DAP
smile.gif
I have to ask however, what advantage would this give me over my smartphone? Granted I have only 64GB in it atm but I am certain the interface will accept at least 128 if not more. I've been thinking of a full-sized DAP (A&K AK70 or AK300, for example), just to give balanced-Out a try as well as a more music-oriented GUI.

But seeing as my LG G4 + UAPP + 64GB microSD work quite well as a bit-perfect transport, I'm not sure what to do with an iPod-Nano sized DAP tbh...
confused.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #21,455 of 42,765
Neat little DAP :smile: I have to ask however, what advantage would this give me over my smartphone? Granted I have only 64GB in it atm but I am certain the interface will accept at least 128 if not more. I've been thinking of a full-sized DAP (A&K AK70 or AK300, for example), just to give balanced-Out a try as well as a more music-oriented GUI.

But seeing as my LG G4 + UAPP + 64GB microSD work quite well as a bit-perfect transport, I'm not sure what to do with an iPod-Nano sized DAP tbh... :confused:
You mean balanced dap not using the mojo? In my experience the mojo sounds a lot better connected to my phone than any dap.

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #21,456 of 42,765
You mean balanced dap not using the mojo? In my experience the mojo sounds a lot better connected to my phone than any dap.

Yeah... I have JHA / A&K Angie IIs and it came with both SE and balanced Moon-Audio cables... dying to try it out... 
tongue_smile.gif
Of course the DAP I buy MUST have (several options for) Digital-Out so that I can use it as a transport to the Mojo.
Maybe a waste, but my only DAP (iRiver iHP-120) is about to die (and it ha earned a rest - it has served me well for the past 14 years
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #21,457 of 42,765
Neat little DAP :smile: I have to ask however, what advantage would this give me over my smartphone? Granted I have only 64GB in it atm but I am certain the interface will accept at least 128 if not more. I've been thinking of a full-sized DAP (A&K AK70 or AK300, for example), just to give balanced-Out a try as well as a more music-oriented GUI.

But seeing as my LG G4 + UAPP + 64GB microSD work quite well as a bit-perfect transport, I'm not sure what to do with an iPod-Nano sized DAP tbh... :confused:

Well, this is certainly not for the happy smartphone users. But is a very attractive piece of equipment for people who like to pair their mojo with a smallest/lightest/cheapest Dap available in the market. It weighs just less than 100g and takes in 200GB card and costs less than $100.

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #21,458 of 42,765
I recall seeing a custom Lightning to micro USB cable mentioned (here I believe) for Mojo interconnect that actually includes the innards of the official Apple CCK adapter. I have looked at the cables in the 3rd post and can't confirm if it's one of those or not. I've also searched the thread but haven't run across it again. Does anyone else remember this cable and can direct me to the post(s)?

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #21,459 of 42,765
  I recall seeing a custom Lightning to micro USB cable mentioned (here I believe) for Mojo interconnect that actually includes the innards of the official Apple CCK adapter. I have looked at the cables in the 3rd post and can't confirm if it's one of those or not. I've also searched the thread but haven't run across it again. Does anyone else remember this cable and can direct me to the post(s)?

Its actually all the cables under 'How to connect iOS device' section in the 3rd post that have the Apple CCK chip or a similar chip inside.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #21,461 of 42,765

Its actually all the cables under 'How to connect iOS device' section in the 3rd post that have the Apple CCK chip inside.

Oh, I thought those were hack jobs "tricking" the iOS device. For example, I have a Fiio L19 cable that I'm pretty sure does not contain the official Apple CCK chip.

I'd be interested to know if that is possible.

My understanding, up until this point, is that all the CCK-circumvention cables accomplish it by swiping an MFI/CCK chip from a genuine apple CCK.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #21,463 of 42,765

I'd be interested to know if that is possible.

My understanding, up until this point, is that all the CCK-circumvention cables accomplish it by swiping an MFI/CCK chip from a genuine apple adapter.

blink.gif

Gif-swiper over and out for the w-end - Captain!
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back