Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 20, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #20,251 of 42,765
  The question is for the SD card module is that will it have 2  micro sd card slots or 1 that supports up to 500GB+ when they become available...

Either would be a great step forward for mankind. 
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #20,252 of 42,765

The Penon is the only aftermarket cable I have that has worked. I suspect the lavri and the Filo only "fool" the apple docking. The Penon is actually rebuilt with the chip in it. It has worked 100% of the time.

Thanks again, I've not gone into the cable rabbit hole except to search for a used balanced cable for the Sennheiser HD800 and if I bought the Penon, it would be the most expensive cable I own.  It is cheaper than buying a DAP, but I'm still thinking that might be the best option as the iPhone/Mojo combo makes for a clumsy phone. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #20,253 of 42,765

My bad. It was a misunderstanding. I had seen posts that said, UAPP can stream Tidal but cannot play the Tidal Offline files. That gave me the impression that it was a client app for streaming services and not a player for local music files. Thanks for correcting me. 

I want to clear this up because it could mislead some into purchasing a DAC for use with an Android phone with the intention of using it with Tidal;

- UAPP cannot play offline/local Tidal.

This was the answer I got when emailing UAPP's customer support.

"Dear Matt,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, offline content is encrypted and inaccessible.

Kind regards,

Davy
eXtream Software Development"

I returned the Dragonfly Black because of this as all 99% of my music is literally made up of Tidal downloads.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #20,254 of 42,765
I want to clear this up because it could mislead some into purchasing a DAC for use with an Android phone with the intention of using it with Tidal;

"[COLOR=222222]Dear Matt,[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, offline content is encrypted and inaccessible.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Kind regards,[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Davy[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]eXtream Software Development"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]I returned the Dragonfly Black because of this as all 99% of my music is literally made up of Tidal downloads.[/COLOR]
But UAPP can play music thats on the SD card while offline. ? .

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #20,255 of 42,765
This was my understanding, too:

Also guys, with this mojo, is there an app I can use it with which will remember my downloaded offline content on Tidal? If I go direct through Tidal then mojo will be using my phones DAC or being upsampled or something? When I use UAPP it uses the mojo in bit perfect from my understanding.

It would be cool to listen to my Tidal playlist instead of searching individually and using data

I'm not an expert on Tidal, so others may correct me on this, but my understanding is that Tidal content is encrypted, so, at this point in time, I don't think you will find any 3rd-party app capable of doing what you are asking for, with offline Tidal content.

"Dear Matt,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, offline content is encrypted and inaccessible.

Kind regards,

Davy
eXtream Software Development"

I returned the Dragonfly Black because of this as all 99% of my music is literally made up of Tidal downloads.

But UAPP can play music thats on the SD card while offline. ? .

As long as it wasn't obtained from Tidal, yes.

UAPP will play any non-streamed standard, vanilla, music files

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #20,256 of 42,765
  As long as it wasn't obtained from Tidal, yes.

UAPP will play any non-streamed standard, vanilla, music files

Yup. As Tidal encrypts offline files, regardless of whether they're stored on an SD or the phone's local storage, UAPP can't use them.

If Tidal added USB audio support all my portable DAC problems would disappear.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #20,257 of 42,765
So above us we have the lowdown from a few experienced guys
wink.gif
On the other hand, it has lead me to another question (which I admit should probably be asked elsewhere, but then again, Mojo users are a crafty bunch
beerchug.gif
)
With UAPP running data out to Mojo, it knows that Mojo has it's own vol control and thus disables the phone's vol controls. AKA "Hardware Volume Controls" are in use.
I'm not sure this is the case with Foobar2000 (or at least Foobar run on a Windows platform). I'm making this assumption because the volume slider is not greyed-out and I can easily change it. Foobar considers 100% volume as 0dB and everything less is noted as "-n" dB. This is a good sign, but I'm not convinced it is "Bit-Perfect" output to the Mojo...
confused.gif

Can anyone using Foobar2000 on their Windows-based Notebooks confirm if this is indeed BitPerfect o/p? Merci
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Thanks for the link. I was aware of Android's up-sampling. I am trying to find out if Foobar can by-pass the Android up-sampling, and do bit-perfect like the UAPP, so that FooBar can be recommended to Android users. 

what makes you think that, something already discussed and determined here on Head Fi?
confused.gif

When I run UAPP to play my "local" music files, the app indicates the sample rate and bit-depth of the source and sample rate of the connected DAC. Mojo's input type is correctly illuminated to indicate the sample rate of the song I'm playing.
Please be so kind to provide a link to the discussion (thread) regarding UAPP's limitations, thanks.
beerchug.gif

My bad. It was a misunderstanding. I had seen posts that said, UAPP can stream Tidal but cannot play the Tidal Offline files. That gave me the impression that it was a client app for streaming services and not a player for local music files. Thanks for correcting me. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #20,258 of 42,765
I'm not sure this is the case with Foobar2000 (or at least Foobar run on a Windows platform). I'm making this assumption because the volume slider is not greyed-out and I can easily change it. Foobar considers 100% volume as 0dB and everything less is noted as "-n" dB. This is a good sign, but I'm not convinced it is "Bit-Perfect" output to the Mojo...
confused.gif
Can anyone using Foobar2000 on their Windows-based Notebooks confirm if this is indeed BitPerfect o/p? Merci
beerchug.gif

Since two days ago I have been playing with USBPcap/Wireshark & Foobar, I can assure you that;

- when Foobar volume is set to 'Off'  -> all Audio out data packets are set to 'O'
- when Foobar volume is set to 100% -> Audio data seems to be bit perfect. I am writing 'seems' because I just sent a few audio easy files ( full 1/ jitter/etc...) and at first glance it seems bit perfect , it was not the goal of my trials.
- when Foobar volume is set to something different to 100%  you start having truncated audio bits. The more you digitally attenuate the less bit depth you have with whatever digital player.

That's all I can say. Sure you will find some more experienced head-fiers to answer this &/or the remaining points.

Cheers.
beerchug.gif

N.B. I forgot the Foobar pre-requisite: without Replay Gain (set to none)

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #20,259 of 42,765
Im using tidal on the xdp 100r with the mojo.i can use offline tidal with the mojo,but not in usb mode.so i guess its only uses the mojos amp then.have had some problems with the sound.but i have lower the volume on the pioneer,and then it works fine.If i use usb power app,then i can stream from tidal and use the mojos dac? Sorry for asking this.Im not an expert.And the answer is probably written here a 1000 times :thinking:

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #20,260 of 42,765
Im using tidal on the xdp 100r with the mojo.i can use offline tidal with the mojo,but not in usb mode.so i guess its only uses the mojos amp then.have had some problems with the sound.but i have lower the volume on the pioneer,and then it works fine.If i use usb power app,then i can stream from tidal and use the mojos dac? Sorry for asking this.Im not an expert.And the answer is probably written here a 1000 times :thinking:

Impossible, you can not use just the Mojo's amp. You can only use the DAC and it's analogue output.

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #20,261 of 42,765

Fair point. I will edit my post to explicitly define the terms 'Tidal Offline Files' and 'Local Music Files'..

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #20,262 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo is almost always used in my home stereo setup, so it's plugged in to my appleTV via optical and powered via USB, which is always on.
If I fully charge the Mojo and leave it plugged in, when I come home from work it is almost always off and out of charge. It also flashes all lights green rapidly when I unplug and then replug the usb charging cord. No idea why it does this. Even when left connected to power and un-used, the battery seems to completely drain unless I unplug/plug the USB again.
Does mine sound defective?

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #20,264 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo is almost always used in my home stereo setup, so it's plugged in to my appleTV via optical and powered via USB, which is always on.
If I fully charge the Mojo and leave it plugged in, when I come home from work it is almost always off and out of charge. It also flashes all lights green rapidly when I unplug and then replug the usb charging cord. No idea why it does this. Even when left connected to power and un-used, the battery seems to completely drain unless I unplug/plug the USB again.
Does mine sound defective?

Don't worry it is normal and according to your description it behaves like my unit.
1. When you unplug/plug USB charge even with a fully charged Mojo. Leds briefly switch on & charge cycle restarts. But the charge will not length long around 10 min.
2. With Mojo Off and no USB charge plugged. The battery will drain a bit, for Led pressure detection mentioned Rob.
3. With Mojo Off and USB charge plugged you should not have battery drain. Except if you entered in protection charge mode when playing and charging for more than 8hours or so. Please check post #3 for details regarding this specific case.

Hope it helped.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #20,265 of 42,765
I have no idea about the reliability of refurbished FiiO gear. For the T3 you may be waiting a while and it seems FiiO has gone silent on the device for the time being. They do like to announce some products well ahead of manufacturing so I wouldn't hold my breath on the T3. It will have dual full size SD slots for more storage than dual micro SD, and touch screen navigation (which may make it the better choice for navigation for most people), but again, the release date is a complete uncertainty right now.

Thanks for the T3 information. Thus, I just went ahead ordering refurbished X5. Which version of X5 firmware are you using? By the way, have you ever compared X5ii + Mojo with X5 + Mojo? If so, could you distinguish the differences of sound characteristics between two pairings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back