Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 3, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #18,406 of 42,765

Yes Mojo has the same USB as Dave - but with Dave it is glavanically isolated, so RF noise and signal correlated currents from the source can't upset Dave at all. I can't do this with Mojo as it draws too much power from the device connected to the USB - but the upside is that mobile sources create much less noise as they are power efficient and there is no ground loops either due to battery operation.

So Mojo like Dave has solved the jitter problem via USB, as the timing for the data comes from Mojo not the source.

Rob

I so appreciate you taking the time to explain things in your answers.  I appreciate Mython for gathering the answers for us and that a single page exists here that is easy to access. 

Thanks to both of you for your efforts.  It is educational and reassuring.  

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #18,407 of 42,765
I use the Sys Concept cables with the Mojo and my AK120, since they make an excellent form-fit short cable for that (I acutally have two, for different orientations of the AK120).

From my Mac to my Yggdrasil I ran a glass Lifatec cable, which I thought was excellent (though now I have the Yggdrasil driven from an Auralic Aries via AES/EBU XLR).

If you're using it from your PC in a fixed location I'd go with the glass Lifatec one.

Just ordered one myself after reading your post (optical) from lifatec since they are in the U.S. - hope it sounds good with the Mojo.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #18,408 of 42,765
I bought the Intona USB Isolator to achieve galvanic isolation recently, but I have yet to test it with Mojo. (Currently using it for the desktop Geek Pulse Xfi.) But I should test it tonight to get a sense of the feature.

Who knows, maybe it will sound as good as the Dave! Haha!

i use ifi iusb instead, has dedicated power port and data port so i can use while trickle charging it

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #18,411 of 42,765
I've been doing it for a few weeks and for my purposes the Mojo drives the 800 S perfectly well.  It's quite enjoyable and I have lots of power left on the volume balls (let me know if you want me to report on the colors for average listening--I never looked).  There are of course those who will say that you need a separate amp with lots of power. Good let them use an amp,  I'm happy with Mojo's output which is not at weak to my ears.  I know this heresy.

Well, that's the most important thing. As long as you are happy with how it sounds already, that is all what matters.

Some people swear by the HD 600 and HD 650 even as their end game.

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #18,412 of 42,765
i use ifi iusb instead, has dedicated power port and data port so i can use while trickle charging it

Did you find the ifi iusbf good? I'm looking into this also now. I got a USB isolator but it won't work with my macbook pro. So now I'm looking at other brands.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #18,413 of 42,765
How loud are people listening to the Ether C with the Mojo? I'm on "negative" Cyan/Blue on electronic music and most I've ever had to crank it is double reds on reference highly dynamic tracks...
Man this thing has power. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #18,414 of 42,765
  Is it better to keep the Mojo on 24/7 for capacitor longevity for desktop use or better to turn it off after use?

Do you mean powered up, 24/7?   

I wondered if you meant simply plugged in to both ports of the computer.  I do this generally, but when using Mojo in motion, I sometimes will recharge it at the wall socket.

I don't think leaving it powered up 24/7 is wise, but I am not sure if that is what you meant.  

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #18,415 of 42,765

Do you mean powered up, 24/7?   

I wondered if you meant simply plugged in to both ports of the computer.  I do this generally, but when using Mojo in motion, I sometimes will recharge it at the wall socket.

I don't think leaving it powered up 24/7 is wise, but I am not sure if that is what you meant.  

Yeah I meant powered on 24/7 since I read somewhere that its actually better for longevity than if you turn it on and off since the sudden current spikes can wear down the capacitors, but the Mojo runs quite hot which I guess wouldn't be too great either to have run 24/7.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #18,416 of 42,765
@Currawong,@jmills8 that's what I experienced too. I use uapp through a cheap Android in airplane mode with a short USB micro-micro cable having a single ferrite choke and it is clearly better than fiio x3 coaxial out. imho an expensive transport like ak120 etc are not required at all .

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #18,417 of 42,765
Has anyone in the UK or EU received the case from Custom-Cable? The product page initially said that the item will available on May 31. Now it has been updated to say that it will be available on June 13. Not sure if they already Sold-Out all the units they received in their first batch shipment or, if there has been a delay.

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #18,418 of 42,765
Has anyone in the UK or EU received the case from Custom-Cable? The product page initially said that the item will available on May 31. Now it has been updated to say that it will be available on June 13. Not sure if they already Sold-Out all the units they received in their first batch shipment or, if there has been a delay.
no one has had one yet sir. We have ordered many any have plenty for when they arrive. The date on the website is the latest date we have. Sorry for the delay we are waiting on the manufacturer.

Phil

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #18,419 of 42,765
  How loud are people listening to the Ether C with the Mojo?

I was really impressed with the Cs when my friend @ejong7 showed me them at our visit to custom Cable last week. They were incredible! I listened to Yes - 90125 on HD Tracks I wish I could have spent more time with them but it was a fine experience

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #18,420 of 42,765
no one has had one yet sir. We have ordered many any have plenty for when they arrive. The date on the website is the latest date we have. Sorry for the delay we are waiting on the manufacturer.

Phil

Thanks Phil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back