Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 29, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #18,211 of 42,788
I am back into this thread, I just bought a used mojo.  It is dead quiet when listening.  I am very impressed with the sound.  My particular unit does make the squealing sound when charging, and stops once done charging.  It is pretty noticeable.  I know this was an issue with some of the units quite some time back.

What was the outcome?  Is it just something we live with?  Is it relatively all units, or relatively few units?  Is Chord replacing or repairing affected units?

Thanks all, I've been out a while, and the shear volume of this thread has become daunting!
Bro, try to use iphone ( 6 or 6s) charger to charge your mojo.most probably your issue will resolve... Becoz i use that and ... There were no any audiable hum or other noise... Cheers...

May 29, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #18,213 of 42,788
Is there a way to check the battery level on the Mojo?

I'm not seeing a way by reading through the manual online.

The LED colour below the charging port indicates the charge level when the Mojo is powered on. Blue is full, then green, yellow, red, then blinking red. When the light is blinking red run for the charger.

All this information can be found in the THIRD POST, including the the percentage range for each colour, under the Battery and Charging section.

May 29, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #18,214 of 42,788
Bro, try to use iphone ( 6 or 6s) charger to charge your mojo.most probably your issue will resolve... Becoz i use that and ... There were no any audiable hum or other noise... Cheers...

Just noting there that my iPad charger generates a squealing noise in my Mojo. Other chargers I've used do not generate noise.

May 29, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #18,215 of 42,788
Straight from the horses mouth.... Found in the THIRD POST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Watts View Post

The noise is due to ripple voltage on the charger upsetting the inductors/capacitors within Mojo. If you use a clean quality PSU and a low resistance USB cable to the charger PSU the mechanical noise should be silent or insignificant.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Watts View Post

The problem is a noisy USB VBUS power line, and this makes the inductors in Mojo vibrate. Also, some USB cables have high resistance, and this makes the problem worse - so using a different cable can make the mechanical noise go away. The PSU itself can make it better or worse. Don't worry about it if you hear the noise, Mojo is not faulty and will continue to be reliable.

Rob

Bold emphasis added by me.

May 29, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #18,217 of 42,788
Straight from the horses mouth.... Found in the THIRD POST

Bold emphasis added by me.

This thread :p

60% of posts about first charge, charging, or cables.
30% either you or Mython patiently reminding people to read the third post.

I am having great results using an F-1 XU208 DDC between my Macbook and Mojo. It seems to ameliorate a slight treble etch I was hearing when connecting Mojo directly via USB...

May 29, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #18,219 of 42,788
May 29, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #18,220 of 42,788
Thank you. What would be the benefit of doing that? When would you use that? I was reading about it in the link you shared. I don't have a lot of time, so I only read the first post. I'll read more later when I am free. Thank you.

May 30, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #18,223 of 42,788
Korg iAudiogate app can I connect to Google drive or
Dropbox may be stream Spotify?

iTunes refuses to sync files with a higher than 48 kHz frequency to an iDevice.  You therefore need a 3rd party app to copy and play the files.

I'm using Korg iAudiogate which was pricey but I got it on sale (50% off) and I'm quite happy with it.  I much prefer it to the atrocious iOS iTunes app.

May 30, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #18,224 of 42,788
Hi all,

Today D.A.R. is offering us IMHO,quite an objective article about why USB audio SQ may varies.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/05/gordon-rankin-on-why-usb-audio-quality-varies/
Cheers.
popcorn.gif

May 30, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #18,225 of 42,788
Hey Arpiben,

Just wanted to share this myself :)
I would like to add that it is damn informative an well structured... But maybe that's just me being a Darko Fanboy :wink:
But seriously it is an easy to read and understand article about USB Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back