Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 10, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #17,433 of 42,765
  Hah! Another Mojo Moment.

Listening to "Low" by R.E.M. off Out Of Time. There's a bloody clarinet in there!! Never in, what?, 25 years of listening to that album, was I aware! Lol.

Haven't got a Mojo, but just transferred the album to my Sony ZX2. At what point does the clarinet come in ? Just listened once, wasn't aware of a clarinet sound, but that's probably me !

May 10, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #17,435 of 42,765

Haven't got a Mojo, but just transferred the album to my Sony ZX2. At what point does the clarinet come in ? Just listened once, wasn't aware of a clarinet sound, but that's probably me !

Listening again now... 2.01 - around 2.40

good luck 
beyersmile.png

May 10, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #17,436 of 42,765
  Can somebody advise me on where to buy Chord Mojo online in the UK? A friend of mine is there at the moment and will bring it to me.

Thanks a lot.

Depends if you want a store to collect from or delivery.

I ordered mine from Peter Tyson through Amazon to take advantage of Prime free next day delivery.

Richersounds sell in selected stores for good UK coverage (Available in: Bath, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Bristol, Bromley, Cambridge, Chelsea, Chester, Chiswick, Croydon, Edinburgh, Eton, Exeter, Glasgow, Guildford, Hanley, Holborn, Leeds, Leicester, London Bridge, London City, Lichfield, Liverpool, Maidstone, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Norwich, Preston, Prestwich, Plymouth, Reigate, Romford, Solihull, Southampton, Southgate, Stockport, Tunbridge Wells, Watford, Weybridge and York)

May 10, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #17,437 of 42,765

Yes you can, your mobile should have the OTG support.
I use only Apple music on my android mobile and i listen through Mojo.

I've been using the usb micro to usb micro OTG cable from audio moon and it has not been working. Should this work or can you recommend a OTG?

Do 1 thing,

change the side of the cable, the otg is only on one part.
Change the side, it will solve ur issue, else
use a normal micro usb cable + otg adapter or cable, and test it.

May 10, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #17,438 of 42,765

Depends if you want a store to collect from or delivery.

I ordered mine from Peter Tyson through Amazon to take advantage of Prime free next day delivery.

Richersounds sell in selected stores for good UK coverage (Available in: Bath, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Bristol, Bromley, Cambridge, Chelsea, Chester, Chiswick, Croydon, Edinburgh, Eton, Exeter, Glasgow, Guildford, Hanley, Holborn, Leeds, Leicester, London Bridge, London City, Lichfield, Liverpool, Maidstone, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Norwich, Preston, Prestwich, Plymouth, Reigate, Romford, Solihull, Southampton, Southgate, Stockport, Tunbridge Wells, Watford, Weybridge and York)

As above, depends where your friend will be?
I bought mine from Audio-T, who have stores in major cities / towns.

May 10, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #17,440 of 42,765

As above, depends where your friend will be?
I bought mine from Audio-T, who have stores in major cities / towns.

Thanks a lot,
My friends place is in Wallasey, Wirral. I don't know which part of UK that is 
etysmile.gif

I want to buy it online and have it delivered to his place.
I guess the Mojo is sold at the same price everywhere? Is it ever on sale?

May 10, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #17,441 of 42,765

Thanks a lot,
My friends place is in Wallasey, Wirral. I don't know which part of UK that is 
etysmile.gif

I want to buy it online and have it delivered to his place.
I guess the Mojo is sold at the same price everywhere? Is it ever on sale?

Richer Sounds in Liverpool would be easy for your mate to collect.
If you order online, it doesn't really matter.
I haven't seen them on sale, I guess they don't need to discount.

May 10, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #17,442 of 42,765
  Hah! Another Mojo Moment.

Listening to "Low" by R.E.M. off Out Of Time. There's a bloody clarinet in there!! Never in, what?, 25 years of listening to that album, was I aware! Lol.

Well, I listened again with my ZX2 & played my DVD-A copy & I honestly couldn't say, "Oh, there's the sound of the clarinet". I assume, I don't know the sound of a clarinet ! ? lol You can't get better than a DVD-A.

If nothing else, it's at least motivated me to give my surround collection a spin !

May 10, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #17,443 of 42,765

Well, I listened again with my ZX2 & played my DVD-A copy & I honestly couldn't say, "Oh, there's the sound of the clarinet". I assume, I don't know the sound of a clarinet ! ? lol You can't get better than a DVD-A.

It sort of popped out at me. I went scrabbling off to Google to double check "clarinet REM Low", lol.

That's the sort of thing Mojo does for you, with good transducers of course. Makes you hear stuff you don't normally notice. It's not like you can't hear it, but you focus on stuff; its all laid out for you to pick out and enjoy. Another example: Was listening to Iron Maiden earlier, some HD track remasters of Piece of Mind, and Nicko McBrain's drumming is just amazing. You can picture him playing in your mind as the music unfolds.

May 10, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #17,444 of 42,765
  It sort of popped out at me. I went scrabbling off to Google to double check "clarinet REM Low", lol.

That's the sort of thing Mojo does for you, with good transducers of course. Makes you hear stuff you don't normally notice. It's not like you can't hear it, but you focus on stuff; its all laid out for you to pick out and enjoy. Another example: Was listening to Iron Maiden earlier, some HD track remasters of Piece of Mind, and Nicko McBrain's drumming is just amazing. You can picture him playing in your mind as the music unfolds.

​
I am intrigued by this, "i wasn't aware that was there", regards the Mojo, but i'm constantly listening to albums on my ZX2, that I've listened to thousand's of times & thought, "Gosh, this is how it REALLY sounds" !

May 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #17,445 of 42,765
   ​
I am intrigued by this, "i wasn't aware that was there", regards the Mojo, but i'm constantly listening to albums on my ZX2, that I've listened to thousand's of times & thought, "Gosh, this is how it REALLY sounds" !

The thing is with the Mojo, the presentation is seamless. It doesn't feel forced out of place, it's just there. And then you realize, hey, I've never heard that before.
Then you think you must be hearing things and go back to your non-Mojo setup and there it is, the exact thing you heard but either just muffled or drowned out by the other sounds.
And then you go back to the Mojo and go, well I'll be damned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back